First Prev
of 2
Next Last
How Can We Help

Gansevoort, NY

#1 Jul 20, 2010
Anyone have information on Jenny Moulton? Heard she was in an accident and is in serious condition. Heard there's a fundraiser for medical expenses. How can we help?
nice thought

Olivebridge, NY

#4 Jul 20, 2010
Call Man's World or the Spectacle Shop. Either buy a raffle ticket or just drop off money or a check.
Gilligan

East Otis, MA

#5 Jul 20, 2010
When and where did this happen?
Lets Pray

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Jul 21, 2010
Gilligan wrote:
When and where did this happen?
Not shure when one of my children told me it happened on Rt. 8 by Occonn. And she is in Boston in critical cond. lets pray for her.
help

Jamaica Plain, MA

#7 Jul 22, 2010
the accident was on rt. 8 in front of the shell station. and i dont think she is in boston. I believe she is at Albany Med. shes had several surgeries on her liver which was lacerated during the accident.
blackbird

Springfield, MA

#8 Jul 22, 2010
yes, albany med ICU. happend june 29th. never got in the papers though.
they are doing a great raffle to help the family with expenses and such. stop in at Hot Dog Ranch or Man's World on Marshal St. for tickets for the raffle. drawing is on August 9th so don't wait too long.
Tony Pisano

East Otis, MA

#9 Jul 22, 2010
Will definitely do whatever possible to help out
blackbird

Springfield, MA

#10 Jul 23, 2010
neighbors, being neighbors!
concerned

Springfield, MA

#11 Jul 23, 2010
I pray for Jenny, she is a great woman. I just also want to express my disgust at the local papers for not reporting on it. I thought that is why we have local newspapers, to report the local news. There was also another accident recently involving three vehicles that wasn't reported on and when my family and I were taking a walk downtown the other day there was someone down on the ground by the post office being helped by the police and ambulance. Where is the news on all of this?
dont worry bout that

Williamstown, MA

#12 Jul 23, 2010
dont they have insurance? why do they need money then. even if they dont have the money or insurance they will still get medical help. spaghetti dinners or a raffle wont pay for 2 hours of the treatment she has already gotten. worry about other things NOT the payment or getting money out of it.
Justanothermom

Clockville, NY

#13 Jul 23, 2010
dont worry bout that wrote:
dont they have insurance? why do they need money then. even if they dont have the money or insurance they will still get medical help. spaghetti dinners or a raffle wont pay for 2 hours of the treatment she has already gotten. worry about other things NOT the payment or getting money out of it.
If you are opposed to donating, then that is your right. Don't donate. But why are you questioning why people are pulling together to help out somebody they obviously care about? Even if she has insurance, it doesn't always cover 100%. Some people end up losing everything they've worked so hard for due to uncovered medical expenses.
blackbird

Springfield, MA

#14 Jul 23, 2010
dont worry bout that wrote:
maybe if they were on mass health it would cover the full amount but most insurance that you get through work does not. generally it covers 80% and you must pay the rest out of your own pocket. in this case that will be a considerable amount. it also doesn't cover the expense of her husband going back and forth to be with her and encourage her to fight for her recovery and yet continue to take care of things here at home as well. a spaghetti dinner might not raise thousands of dollars, but even raising a few hundred helps immensely, and I know this from personal experience when my husband broke his neck in an accident 3 years ago.
if money can be raised by family and friends it might just lift a bit of the burden off of this family so they can concentrate on what really matters, getting jenny well and home!
if you object to people giving that sort of help, please feel free not to participate, but please don't try and discourage others from doing what they feel comfortable doing to help. that kind of cruelty is not needed in this community!
Question

Easthampton, MA

#15 Jul 24, 2010
Who is Jenny Moulton?
This is Jenny

Fort Edward, NY

#16 Jul 24, 2010
Jenny (Baran) Moulton she was Miss Northern Berkshire in the late 70's or early 80's. She is married to John Moulton who is one of the most dedicated and nicest youth coach around. Jenny is probably the sweetness and nicest person in Northern Berkshire. jenny taught dance in her studio for years. The couple are committed to the youth and help coach sports or do anything they can to help other sports that they may not even be directly involved in. They have raised some of nicest kids you could ever meet. Jenny and John have done so much for North Adams and never asked for anything in return. They always go the extra mile and it could never be said that they live beyond their means. Everyone should help this family because if it was a member of your family who was injured and had a spaghetti dinner benefit, they would not only attend they would be the first to buy tickets, but help cook, serve, clean up and make a donation at the end of the night. So please reach into your pocket and help, it's only $10, but it will go a long way for this family.
nice thought

South Hadley, MA

#17 Jul 24, 2010
If I, or a family member of mine, were in an accident, i would not want it in the transcript. There are privacy issues. More often than not, the papers get something wrong. Then every nut in this area gets on this thread and starts tearing apart somebody. Lucky for Jenny she's a well liked Moulton. I pray she has a speedy recovery. And yes, I will donate.
Trashscript

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Jul 24, 2010
concerned wrote:
I pray for Jenny, she is a great woman. I just also want to express my disgust at the local papers for not reporting on it. I thought that is why we have local newspapers, to report the local news. There was also another accident recently involving three vehicles that wasn't reported on and when my family and I were taking a walk downtown the other day there was someone down on the ground by the post office being helped by the police and ambulance. Where is the news on all of this?
I have to agree with you as a friend of the family I had to here through the grapevine and the paper shure is missing alot.
info

Jamaica Plain, MA

#19 Jul 26, 2010
jenny is doing much better now. she has been moved out of ICU and thigs are looking good!
blackbird

Springfield, MA

#20 Jul 26, 2010
info wrote:
jenny is doing much better now. she has been moved out of ICU and thigs are looking good!
if you are a person who really knows what you are talking about, then I am very happy to hear this and please continue to keep us posted!
thank you!
Concerned Dancer

Gansevoort, NY

#21 Jul 30, 2010
Does anyone have an update on Jenny's condition? Or when will she be coming home? I know about the Red Sox ticket raffle at "The Ranch", but is there now a spaghetti supper planned? Anyone.. please update us and my prayers are with John and the kids.
lets pray

Pittsfield, MA

#22 Jul 30, 2010
Concerned Dancer wrote:
Does anyone have an update on Jenny's condition? Or when will she be coming home? I know about the Red Sox ticket raffle at "The Ranch", but is there now a spaghetti supper planned? Anyone.. please update us and my prayers are with John and the kids.
they took her off life support so I was told and she is doing better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Adams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pittsfield and North Adams mayors reject Trump'... 1 hr Truffle5901 70
News New Authorization For Needle Exchange In Pittsf... 21 hr Cops are degenerates 3
News District Court (Jul '10) Dec 1 cry me a river 12
News Chicopee man accused of supplying heroin in Adams Dec 1 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 4
News Lili Bierer offers support during a protest aga... Nov 27 Herbert hitler 4
News Pittsfield man charged with hitting two vehicle... Nov 23 Cops are degenerates 3
News Homosexuality against natural law (Sep '09) Nov 22 Johnny Dingoberry 1,394

North Adams Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

North Adams Mortgages