Pickets At Berkshire County Construction

Posted in the North Adams Forum

Rbbie1245

North Adams, MA

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Anyone know why the pickets were there today?
daniels road

Williamstown, MA

#2 Nov 9, 2012
I saw them there earlier in the week too. don't know why. I was running an errand and when I went back by I was going to stop and ask but they were gone.
Waste of time

Bronx, NY

#3 Nov 9, 2012
By reading the signs I'm assuming they feel they got cheated on wages. I'm guessing by looking at the two that they probably got fired and are pissed that they weren't paid a full week. That company doesn't have a union so why waste time an picket. If they spent half the time looking for another job instead of standing around maybe they wouldn't be unemployed.
yep

United States

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Obama Claus mentality

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 9, 2012
Last week there were 5 or 6 holding signs. "Hire, steal, fire" was written on one sign.
chbpod

East Greenwich, RI

#6 Nov 9, 2012
Voix wrote:
Last week there were 5 or 6 holding signs. "Hire, steal, fire" was written on one sign.
I used that outfit a few years ago to put in concrete steps and a walk way leading from the street to my front door--I thought they did a good job-reasonable price--the Mayor (JBIII) stopped me one day and asked why I used that company---simple enough they were in the book and gave a satisfactory estimate-at the tome the company or the owner was in some sort of legal trouble---I also remember the bunny incident but no fault of the company--point is I used them and I thought they did a good job
daniels road

Williamstown, MA

#7 Nov 9, 2012
a family member went there for a job. he had worked in home remodeling and in landscaping but told the owner he had not worked with foundations/cement. he was told it was ok and would be trained. he was hired. after he got on the job he was sent to do things he was not trained for and then berated for not knowing what he was doing. come the time to get paid, his check was shorted quite a bit. when he asked about it he was told he was wrong. he quit and walked out. the pay isn't enough to overlook working several hours for nothing and he has a family to support. he's a hard worker but not a fool. he was told by others that it was fairly common. I suspected that had something to do with the picketing but didn't know for sure. unfortunately, with so many people out of work there are always people who will fill the jobs so complaining in this situation won't do much good.
Rbbie245

North Adams, MA

#9 Nov 10, 2012
Interesting.... They should go to the labor dept. and file unless being paid another way by the company. I have seen Help wanted before at that place.
Section4x2

Williamstown, MA

#10 Nov 10, 2012
You get what you pay for.
Lifelong resident

Springfield, MA

#11 Nov 10, 2012
The guys a real deadbeat! Married into money and spending it for her . I dont know how he stays in business I had him bid on a job for me and he was double than everybody ! He must be a friend of the big DICK .

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#12 Nov 10, 2012
Lifelong resident wrote:
The guys a real deadbeat! Married into money and spending it for her . I dont know how he stays in business I had him bid on a job for me and he was double than everybody ! He must be a friend of the big DICK .
Obviously, you did not read the other posts."He must be a friend of the big DICK". Clark does seem to be honest.
Rbbie1245

North Adams, MA

#14 Nov 12, 2012
What i have heared is that some have worked more hours and not getting full pay....
All crybabies

Pittsfield, MA

#15 Nov 14, 2012
What is wrong with those protesters? Unistress is begging for decent employees and they pay great. Tell those whining crybabies to drive a couple miles and they will be rewarded. Or have they all lost their licenses because of driving drunk? North Adams is a joke.
rom knee your azz

North Adams, MA

#16 Nov 14, 2012
yep wrote:
Obama Claus mentality
Why, what would Romknee do take the money and hide it in over seas bank accounts.
Hard Hat

Adams, MA

#18 Nov 14, 2012
Waterman Const. A first class company. I have hear of many happy people that had work done by them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

North Adams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 3 hr Totally disgusted 1,169
Adam Lee Hall Berkshire County triple murder tr... (Jan '14) Tue Praxis33 19
Future museum or not, North Adams neighbors wea... Tue Ozzie King Of Zyl... 6
Foley trial begins (Jun '09) Tue Ozzie King Of Zyl... 81
'Horned' man guilty in triple slaying Sep 29 Hamilton Burger Esq 12
Adams Real Estate Tax Sep 24 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 23
Stop And Shop Songs If Anyone Can Help Me..... Sep 23 Some Guy From Adams 2
North Adams Dating
Find my Match

North Adams Jobs

North Adams People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

North Adams News, Events & Info