BAD BUSSINESS M & D Repair Services

BAD BUSSINESS M & D Repair Services

Posted in the Norristown Forum

Natasha Brown

Martinsville, OH

#1 Nov 16, 2012
My fiance and I are from Southern Ohio. We traveled to Norristown PA for my fiances job. After we arrived our transmission went out on our car. We took the car to a shop called M & D Auto Repair Service on Main Street to have a new transmission put in. We picked the car up on October 18th and paid a bill of 1400 dollars to get 70 miles down the road and the transmission went out again. I called the shop and the said they would have a tow truck pick the car up that night and make it right. Weeks and weeks went on and nobody from the shop called to let us know that they picked up the car. They would not answer our phone calls or call us back. Finally today November 16, we get them on the phone. They tell us they have the car and an employee has been driving it back and forth to work for the past three weeks to make sure it was running. We asked why nobody had let us know, and they had no answer. They were trying to keep the car. Well again they said they would call us back and tell us when we could pick the car up, again no phone calls from them. So I called the police and reported what they had done. Then the manager calls my finace and tells him to tell his %$#$%$ girlfriend to stay out of the bussiness. So I advice anyone not to use this shop if your car is broke, its been a nightmare and after paying 1400 dollars all we got so far was no car and the name calling. Dean is the manager that has conducted these problems.
Sadly So

Norristown, PA

#3 Dec 1, 2012
I'm sorry you've had such a horrible experience with those guys. I use them for all my routine maintenance, brakes, ect.

Tranmissions can be very tricky, unless you're buying brand new (~$3-4k).$1400 tells me you bought a rebuildable. Nonetheless, that doesn't mean the manager should handle the situation the way you say he did. There's no excuse for it whatsoever! Try calling one of the local news affiliates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holiday inn express by hooters. Jun 12 ganja farmer 3
Review: Sell-All-Cars COM LLC (Apr '15) Jun 12 stick 39
News Dispute leaves 1 dead on Lindsay Lot Road (Aug '09) Jun 4 Desirae Buttermore 154
Review: Bankers Life & Casualty Co (Apr '09) Jun 2 agent 27
sharon lynn fedak May '16 britt 14
News PAX East 2016 May '16 Caroline 1
News 1 Injured In Montgomery County Mall Stabbing (Nov '07) Apr '16 MrPresident28 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norristown Mortgages