422 tolling plan scrapped for now, officials say

There are 1 comment on the Reading Eagle/Reading Times story from Oct 5, 2011, titled 422 tolling plan scrapped for now, officials say. In it, Reading Eagle/Reading Times reports that:

When the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission suggested tolling a 25-mile stretch of Route 422 from the Berks County line to Valley Forge to help fund much-needed repairs of the road, the public reacted swiftly and strongly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reading Eagle/Reading Times.

Marco

Norristown, PA

#1 Oct 6, 2011
I love this line..
"Seymour said it's possible that enough money may be available to pursue a state solution to the Route 422 problem rather than a local one."

there was never a local solution to really consider. they said the public was not entitled to the proposal meetings for the toll & nobody in the area wanted that nonsense in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Sell-All-Cars COM LLC Apr 30 peter 2
News Study: Distracted driving among teenagers at al... Apr 10 SlickMick 3
Debate: Marijuana - Norristown, PA (Aug '10) Mar '15 Jennipher 19
King of Prussia rail: Where will it go? Mar '15 Brad J 1
News Fired state trooper back on the job after griev... Mar '15 Convened citizen 1
News Fugitive of the Week: Timothy Henry (Feb '13) Mar '15 motherfckerjones 7
morabito bakery too cheap to fix equipment (Oct '10) Mar '15 Jimmy The Greak 14
More from around the web

Norristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]