Plant One Million Campaign Comes to N...

Plant One Million Campaign Comes to Norristown

There are 8 comments on the Patch.com story from Apr 5, 2011, titled Plant One Million Campaign Comes to Norristown. In it, Patch.com reports that:

0 Comments The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society will coordinate the planting of 175 bare-root trees in Montgomery County this Saturday, April 9, as part of a new regional initiative, Plant One Million .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Green Granny

Norristown, PA

#1 Apr 5, 2011
It's nice to see efforts like this. Although, it'll only be a matter of time before the punks in this city start stealing, trampling on, and vandalizing these trees. As far as I'm concerned, they should start planting these punks in the ground, head first!
The Jerk

Raleigh, NC

#2 Apr 7, 2011
Green Granny, do you really think people are going to steal the trees or vandalize them? Maybe you need to lay off the "green" herbs you're growing in your house.
Froderick

Raleigh, NC

#3 Apr 7, 2011
I agree!! If you plant these punks and just pave the area over we can have some new and INTERESTING (get it? no more pizza shops, nail salons...) businesses open in these lots to generate some INCOME!! ANYBODY REMEMBER INCOME??????????

We have enough trees, plants, flowers, grass, weeds, bushes, shrubs and the like.

LET GO! PLANT-A-PUNK!

AWAKE UP!!
Green Granny

Norristown, PA

#4 Apr 12, 2011
The Jerk wrote:
Green Granny, do you really think people are going to steal the trees or vandalize them? Maybe you need to lay off the "green" herbs you're growing in your house.

Well, the bastards certainly didn't have a problem stealing my red maple 3 days after I planted it in my front yard, not to mention a pallet and a half of sod after it was dropped off in my driveway back in the spring of '09. But that doesn't mean anything, right?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#5 Apr 13, 2011
Do marijuana plants count as trees?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#6 Apr 13, 2011
Green Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the bastards certainly didn't have a problem stealing my red maple 3 days after I planted it in my front yard, not to mention a pallet and a half of sod after it was dropped off in my driveway back in the spring of '09. But that doesn't mean anything, right?
Perhaps you should give out better candy at Halloween instead of yelling at them to get off your lawn?
The Jerk

Raleigh, NC

#7 Apr 20, 2011
Green Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a group of neighborhood thugs going to do with a pallet of sod, and a red maple Granny, and by what means are they going to transport it out of your driveway?
Have you noticed if one of your neighbors has a new Red Maple?
good kids bad kids

Coatesville, PA

#8 May 29, 2012
gave out candy but some kids still trash your lawn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norristown High Speed EXTENSION to bring more w... (Jan '13) Oct 10 Mayor James Kenney 2
Anyone Else have Del Buono for a landlord? (Aug '11) Sep 23 Kristin Emmert 12
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) Sep '17 John 245
News Busted on Boardwalk: Marchalk apprehended in Ne... Aug '17 ImTiredOf_It 19
News Fugitive of the Week: Paul William Witherite (Oct '14) Aug '17 GeneIsImpress 11
Mitchell Morgan (Morgan Properties) is a GONIF (Apr '12) Aug '17 becht is gonif 11
News Cosby's retrial on sex assault charges set for ... Jul '17 Zach 2

Norristown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norristown Mortgages