Ritzenthaler buys kitchen and cleaning firm TesArden

Jul 7, 2008 Full story: Home Textiles Today 35

West Conshohocken, Pa. The John Ritzenthaler Co., the country's third-largest kitchen textiles company, has made its third company acquisition in seven years, this time via its purchase of kitchen textiles and ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nan

AOL

#1 Sep 8, 2008
i may barking up the wrong tree.....did you buy out the turn-a-bout cleaning pads. been using them for ages and ages...but lat ely they don't hold and in a matt er of days the backs have dirty looking....i probably won't be buying them anymre..sorry....let me know if i got the right web-site
Barb

Converse, TX

#2 Sep 13, 2008
I agree with Nan. I have used these Turn-A-Bouts for probably 10 years. I will not be buying these again. They don't hold up over four days, when they used to last a month. I will find something else to use now! They are a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY at this point.
Joanne

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 26, 2008
I complained about the turn-a-bout sponges quite a long time ago. I was told it was being corrected, there was a step in the manufacturing process that was skipped. Apparently they are still skipping the step. I've been using them for several years and am not going to be using them any longer. I used to be able to wash them, bleach them and use them until the nylon scrubber side was worn out, but the sponges held up. Now they are flat after just a few uses. Too bad, they were a fine product. The little holder you put in as a gift doesn't make up for the poor quality as far as I'm concerned.5789
J Thomas

Rocky Mount, NC

#4 Jul 15, 2009
I've been using the turn-a-bout cleaning pads as well. I use to be able to purchase them at any Wal-Mart stores now they do not sell them any where. The orginal pads held up well. I sure hope someone can get with the original makers at TresArden to correct any problems so they can be put back on the market. Can someone with the new company (Ritzenthaler)give us a feed back of what is going on with these pads and if they will be put back on the market.
Ginny

Granbury, TX

#5 Aug 8, 2009
When I first bought and used the Turn-A-Bout Cleaning Pads, the sponge would far outlast the nylon mesh cover. Then all of a sudden, it was the other way around. If a happy medium could be met, these cleaning pads would be fantastic.
Kathy

Carlinville, IL

#6 Nov 17, 2009
I've been using the turn-a-bout cleaning pads for many years too. I am also unhappy with the poor quality. I find they last about 10 days. I am also disappointed that Wal-Mart does not carry them. I will be looking for a similar product elsewhere.
Joni

Buffalo, NY

#7 Dec 8, 2009
I too am a bit disappointed in the quality of the TresArden turn about cleaning pad of late,however; they are still the best cleaning pad marketed over the last ten years. I am down to my last three and frankly I don't know what I'll do when they are gone. I have lupus arthritis in both of my hands and this cleaning pad is the only one I have been able to use. Hoping Ritzenthaler Company continues to manufacture the pads and to once again improve their quality. Am skeptical that this will happen due to the fact that buyout took place over a year ago now and at this date can't locate these cleaning pads anywhere. At this point can only hope.
Susan

Bothell, WA

#8 Dec 26, 2009
I too am a long-time user of the turn-a-bout and have noticed the decreasing quality and availbility of the product. I am down to my last few and cringe at the thought of trying to find a replacement because I can't find them anymore.
Rita

AOL

#9 Jan 25, 2010
I too had contacted both TesArden about this issue, and subsequently the John Ritzenthaler company when they bought them out. Too bad that they ahve not fixed the problem,
I just e=mailed them to ask about this product, and will let you all know when I hear back from them. Wishing you blessings, and let the rest of us know if you find a good substitute!
Rita

AOL

#10 Jan 25, 2010
I contacted TesArden about this problem, and subsequently the John Ritzenthaler company when they bought them out. Unfortunately, the problem has not been solved.
I just e-mailed the JR co. about this, and will let you all know what I hear from them. Wishing you blessings, and let us know if you find a good substitute.
Warren

Royal Oak, MI

#11 Jan 25, 2010
I bought a dozen "Ritz" Turn-a-Bout cleaning pads direct from Ritzenthaler (call them and they will send an order form).

They certainly do not seem to be as goodas the one's I used to buy at the supermarket :-(
Cheryl Jones

Bartow, FL

#12 Mar 8, 2010
I have used these pads for over twenty years and have been so disappointed in the current quality, even if you can find them. Should all these posts tell the new owners their product is inferior????
Maggie

West Des Moines, IA

#13 Mar 28, 2010
Hey you people out there. Don't you realize that the Turn-A-Bout Cleaning pads are not an American-made product anymore. Wake up! Sure, poor quality, made in China. Wal-Mart and manufacturers desperately want the Wal-mart business (why, I don't know, since there are other stores around--Jewel, Target, etc.). It must be the almighty dollar. Lucky for me, I could see the handwriting on the wall when Target stopped selling them. So about a year ago when I found them at Wal-Mart, I bought a bunch of them. As to the retailers--WAKE UP. We consumers do NOT have to pay the lowest price. We want the BETTER quality AND the same product year in and year out!! When will the retailers wake up and stop already with R&D (Research & Development). The American housewife wants to stick to a GOOD product when she finds one. Every time there is an exceptional cleaning product on the market, give it a couple years, then BANG! they stop making it. I say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Rita

AOL

#14 Apr 3, 2010
Tried e-mailing the company and never heard back. Did find them at K-mart, but they are not the quality they were 4 years ago. They are a little better since this company took it over, but not the quality we're used to.
phyllis

Little Rock, AR

#15 May 4, 2010
Has anyone been able to find a substitute product that they are happy with? I am still looking.
karen c michigan

Jackson, MI

#16 Jun 13, 2010
I have used these sponges for twenty years,and I am beyond disappointed,I'm mad.Consumers should not have to accept poor quality at the same price,just so manufacturers can reap bigger profits by shipping all work to third world countries.
Marti - MO

Branson, MO

#17 Aug 29, 2010
I have also used these cleaning pads for many years.... I can't find a decent substitute. There isn't any. These pads are the only thing I use in my kitchen, and I just don't like anything else. Yes, the quality notably changed a couple of years ago, and I was not happy. But for the price, I simply use one until it's too soiled and then throw it away. There isn't anything else out there that I like nearly as well, and other sponges that Wal-Mart carries are 2-3x as expensive as these. Guess I'll just try to call the company, and order direct since I can't find them in the stores anymore....
Barbara

Chambersburg, PA

#18 Nov 3, 2010
I, like the other posters, have been using them for a LONG time. But our K-Mart no longer carries them. Is it possible to order and receive them from the company? They may be not as "quality" as in years gone by but I still like them better than any other product.
Paula

AOL

#19 Nov 4, 2010
I agree. I have used these cleaning pads for at least 10 years. Had been buying them at Jewel Osco until they recently disappeared. Agree with the decreasing quality. I would like to add my voice to those asking for the manufacturer to return to the old sponge and get these back in the marketplace!
Nancy from Texas

Round Rock, TX

#20 Feb 28, 2011
I've been using the turn-abouts for many years, bought at our local grocery store. Soak them in water and microwave on high for 2 minutes to sterilize (saw on web) and have always loved them. Now in the last month or so they seem to wilt almost immediately, go flat and are worthless. WTH happened? I'm trying something else now - so far so good. From all these posts looks like I'm not imagining the decreased quality. Maybe the manufacturer will wise up once they figure out why the sales have dropped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sears to lease space in 7 U.S. sites to Primark Tue anonymous 1
Frein may have been spotted Friday, police said Oct 20 Doubting Thomas 1
Norristown Man Charged in Bank Robbery After Te... Oct 18 typical welfare c... 1
York-based PSP troopers didn't use unreasonable... Oct 16 lady 9
Police Commissioner On Eric Frein: 'We Believe ... Oct 14 Kelly 1
Future state police operations under scrutiny Oct 14 Kelly 1
Police renew call to identify suspects of Lemoy... Oct 14 roo 1

Norristown News Video

Norristown Dating
Find my Match

Norristown Jobs

Norristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Norristown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Norristown