'Obamacare' Protestors Take to the St...

'Obamacare' Protestors Take to the Streets in Norristown

There are 5 comments on the Patch.com story from Jun 28, 2012, titled 'Obamacare' Protestors Take to the Streets in Norristown. In it, Patch.com reports that:

On the heels of today's Supreme Court decision upholding the Constitutionality of the Obama administration's Affordable Healthcare Act , a few politically active citizens opposed to what opponents refer to as "Obamacare," set up shop along Markley Street to make their voices heard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Bill D

Bothell, WA

#1 Jun 30, 2012
Obamacare will bankrupt the country & turn us into Greece eventually. There are better ways to reform health care. If anyone thinks your views are heard by any Federal politician you are a fool. The system is broken & corrupt & politicians are beholden to monied special interest groups & to their own careers & special benefits & privileges. This country is going down, led by the politicians. Norristown native Bill D., Bothell, WA.
Peter North

Norristown, PA

#2 Jun 30, 2012
Oh, shut up! Obamacare, while not the best healthcare option, is at least a start in the right direction. I dont know about you, but I'm sick and f'n tired of paying excess insurance premiums to cover medical costs of those without insurance.
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#3 Jul 2, 2012
Bill D wrote:
There are better ways to reform health care..
ok,educate me.. what's the better way to reform it? & if it IS a better way, why hasn't a single person thought to do this immediately?
General Lee

Fairfield, CT

#4 Jul 2, 2012
I love how people condemn Obama for the passing of this seemingly prolific bill. Yet, not a single g-d person has come up with a better solution!

It's easy to condemn when offering a better solution takes too much effort!

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#5 Nov 24, 2013
Being the cynical optimist I am, I'm sure they were fully knowledgeable and protesting some specific things in the Affordable Care Act as summarized here:

http://kff.org/health-reform/fact-sheet/summa...

Or perhaps they were showing off their pride in their ignorance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norristown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Norristown, PA (Aug '10) May 12 Why 20
Review: Sell-All-Cars COM LLC Apr '15 peter 2
News Study: Distracted driving among teenagers at al... Apr '15 SlickMick 3
King of Prussia rail: Where will it go? Mar '15 Brad J 1
News Fired state trooper back on the job after griev... Mar '15 Convened citizen 1
morabito bakery too cheap to fix equipment (Oct '10) Mar '15 Jimmy The Greak 14
News Police: Pa. man fatally stabs co-worker, writes... Feb '15 johnk22 1
More from around the web

Norristown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]