Clinton dragons football

Clinton dragons football

Posted in the Norris Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sad dragon fan

Antioch, TN

#1 Sep 9, 2011
Its a sad sad season to be a dragon fan. Everyone we have played so far has put us to shame. Just when you see the light a new season starts and the door shuts right off the bat.
well

United States

#2 Sep 10, 2011
Go to another team we might do better with out kid
sad dragon fan

Antioch, TN

#3 Sep 10, 2011
what do you mean by that?
Old Dragon

United States

#6 Nov 2, 2011
I get all kinds of pissed! This coach needs to pack his shit! When I played there we went to state Championship lost but went. No one could touch us! No one! We had a great team and a great coach! I've watched My Dragons I'm so proud of go down hill. I say if they don't make him walk we do what woulda been done years ago and remove him! Run the piece of Garbage out of town! Its time we bring our Dragons back to the greatness they were once known for. We were nationally ranked when I played there! We were 65 in the nation! Now nationally we are like 11,000 something! That's sad. Back in my Anderson County could only dream of beating Clinton now well.......
football fan

United States

#7 Nov 2, 2011
Did yall ever stop to think that its not the coaches and just a lack of talent from the players. Im not saying the kids are not talented but just not as talented as the kids they are playing against. I mean lets face it your program has been going down for years, not just this year. Old dragon quit living in the past. Give the coach a chance, one coach just left and its hus first year there. The kids played in a different system, so there are changes they have to get used to. Im not a favorite of one team but im a football fan and every one wants to blame the coach. How about looking at how the players play. Why did this kid fumble, why did he miss that tackle, why cant he block, why did he drop the pass, why did he throw that interception. Im pretty sure that wasnt a coach playing
mommyof4tn

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Nov 2, 2011
Old Dragon wrote:
I get all kinds of pissed! This coach needs to pack his shit! When I played there we went to state Championship lost but went. No one could touch us! No one! We had a great team and a great coach! I've watched My Dragons I'm so proud of go down hill. I say if they don't make him walk we do what woulda been done years ago and remove him! Run the piece of Garbage out of town! Its time we bring our Dragons back to the greatness they were once known for. We were nationally ranked when I played there! We were 65 in the nation! Now nationally we are like 11,000 something! That's sad. Back in my Anderson County could only dream of beating Clinton now well.......
Your right he should go! I know quite a few football parents who are fed up with Kerr I do have to say though there are a few coaches there that are great but when u beat the kids down daily with how much they suck what's that gonna do? If they all hate each other excuse of the coach do u think they are gonna block or defend?
mommyof4tn

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Nov 2, 2011
football fan wrote:
Did yall ever stop to think that its not the coaches and just a lack of talent from the players. Im not saying the kids are not talented but just not as talented as the kids they are playing against. I mean lets face it your program has been going down for years, not just this year. Old dragon quit living in the past. Give the coach a chance, one coach just left and its hus first year there. The kids played in a different system, so there are changes they have to get used to. Im not a favorite of one team but im a football fan and every one wants to blame the coach. How about looking at how the players play. Why did this kid fumble, why did he miss that tackle, why cant he block, why did he drop the pass, why did he throw that interception. Im pretty sure that wasnt a coach playing
No it might not be the coach playing but it IS the coach who calls the plays and decides which kids get to play. Im all about paying your dues and putting in Effort to play but when ur being degraded every day do u really want to block for a person who's one of the favorites when u only get maybe one play per game? I think not! I know kids who never miss a practice and never miss a game even if they are sick who give 150% and only get to hold up the grass even when were losing 30-0 he won't play anyone but his Favs. I agree not all the kids are super greatly talente d but what about the ones who are and are stuck on the sidelines cuz ur not a Kerr fav?? Even if they are talented why not play them were not winning anyway!
football fan

United States

#10 Nov 2, 2011
Cause its about trying to win, even if you are getting your head kicked in, its about having the best players on the field that give you the chance to win. And by the way you sound im gonna guess your kid is one of those kids warming the bench, so he hates the coach. And you like every other parent thinks their kid is the greatest to put on the pads and walk on the field. So you think the kids that play must be the favorites.
mommyof4tn

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Nov 2, 2011
football fan wrote:
Cause its about trying to win, even if you are getting your head kicked in, its about having the best players on the field that give you the chance to win. And by the way you sound im gonna guess your kid is one of those kids warming the bench, so he hates the coach. And you like every other parent thinks their kid is the greatest to put on the pads and walk on the field. So you think the kids that play must be the favorites.
No actually my kid does play and he plays quite a bit. I never Said my kid was the greatest or the worst. I love my son and i think hes talented but some of the guys on the bench have talent but never get the chance to play. And I have seen some of the things that coach Kerr does and I personally think it's the coaches fault the dragons dont win.
luby

Timmonsville, SC

#12 Nov 2, 2011
who's idea was it to hire a kerr for a coach anyhow? not a wise decison.
rogerpbyrd

Montréal, Canada

#13 Nov 2, 2011
it's the coach's first year. give him a chance. maybe your loser kid just can't learn the playbook.
mommyof4tn

Murfreesboro, TN

#14 Nov 2, 2011
rogerpbyrd wrote:
it's the coach's first year. give him a chance. maybe your loser kid just can't learn the playbook.
First of all my kid isn't a loser. And I don't appreciate that at all why attack a child? This is not his first year as a coach. Perhaps u and Kerr are the losers.
Beenthere

United States

#16 Nov 3, 2011
Like every coach since gaylor kerr was hired because of political ties. He is not a head coach. Until people get mad clinton will not change. There were quality people who wanted this job local is not always better.
Jimbo

Knoxville, TN

#17 Nov 3, 2011
Talent has definitely went downhill. My guess is alot of the athletic kids chose not to play this year for one reason or another. Some transferred when the coach was announced. I will say from what I've read, Cameon Patrick has a crappy year and I thought he was our most talented player!

Another gripe these days to me is the student section. I went to CHS from 96-99 and that area was always packed. I guess kids would rather play video games, go to movies, and get into trouble these days!
Old Dragon

United States

#18 Nov 3, 2011
No I'm not living in the past! And it very well could be a talent issue BUT! Its the head coaches responsibility to realize where the problems are and FIX them. That's what a coach does. You find your weak points and you find out what makes them weak points and then you find a way to strengthen them. If a coach can't do that he has no business coaching. I wish Coach Gaylor could or would come back! He would weed out the pansies and BUILD a Football team.
Bull

Lowell, AR

#19 Nov 3, 2011
You so called Clinton fans don't have clue. One of the major problems for your program has been the constant second guessing of whoever has been your coach. The years in which you have had talent you won. The years when you were down, you lost. If a kid goes home and listens to an unhappy mom and dad who talks negatively about the coaches, this can undermine a team with average talent. Support the coaches things will get better.
football fan

United States

#20 Nov 3, 2011
There we go living in the past again, bring Gaylor back, gees its not the late eighties or nineties. And when parents start downing a coach it gets in their kids head and now they think the coach is horrible, so then they start talking to team mates. Its a snow ball effect. If you think you can coach better then put in for the job
mavs man

Columbus, NC

#21 Nov 3, 2011
Old Dragon wrote:
I get all kinds of pissed! This coach needs to pack his shit! When I played there we went to state Championship lost but went. No one could touch us! No one! We had a great team and a great coach! I've watched My Dragons I'm so proud of go down hill. I say if they don't make him walk we do what woulda been done years ago and remove him! Run the piece of Garbage out of town! Its time we bring our Dragons back to the greatness they were once known for. We were nationally ranked when I played there! We were 65 in the nation! Now nationally we are like 11,000 something! That's sad. Back in my Anderson County could only dream of beating Clinton now well.......
Dream of beating Clinton???? That's the reason we've been laying the hammer to you since 1982 huh??? I will admit it was more competitive series then but don't start that BS even in your best days you all could never won what 10 in a row and 12 outta of the last 13.
Jimbo

Kodak, TN

#22 Nov 4, 2011
mavs man, maybe he's referencing the times before Kerr came in and started recruiting in Campbell Co. You guys would are a .500 team without the talent that you pull from Campbell Co. Today will be a good day though, Powell will spank the living crap outta AC and send em home for the year!
mavs man

Belmont, NC

#23 Nov 4, 2011
Maybe so Jimbo but at least AC isn't 0-10 and setting at the house. But that's something Clinton is use to right?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
shannon campbell (Jun '15) 10 min Winter 4
County Purchasng Committee Under Investigation? 13 min truth hurts 7
Ride on the back of my Harley 3 hr HD man 1
Kristy Henderson mayes snitching 3 hr Haters 5
shelby street drug dealing 3 hr Smh 6
Big Fat Barbie 5 hr CHS Alum 5
David Moore 7 hr Not Hardly 57
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norris Mortgages