Serenity House Moultrie Colquitt County Abused Womens Shelter

Posted in the Norman Park Forum

Anonymous

Moultrie, GA

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Have any of yall been to this shelter oh man they treat you like a criiminal. Its all about controlling you and your kids. I went there for help to get away from my husband and when I got there it was like prison (never been to prison though). I couldnt leave I wanted to get something to eat cause they only had old can goods for us and our children. They said I couldnt leave and its like what can I do cause I aint got no where else to go? I was in the tv area watching tv and the staff was searching thru my personal items. They also smoke in the play area the staff are chain smokers and my baby picked up one of the staffs cigeretts that was left on the table and my baby put it in her mouth, it was nasty! Then once I left that place I started getting stalked by them. They called my babys school and told the school nurse I wasnt a clean person to check my baby school clcothes and body for dirt, etc. After they found nothing they told me who said it. They called my case worker at defaux and told her I was working but hiding it and the case worker sent me a letter about reducing my benefits and fraud, etc. I mean them people really put me in the mix it was ridiculous trying to clear my name everywhere but then I asked some officials to help me cause I am being stalked by them and its in their hands now. I was wondering if anybody else been thru it with these people?
n_hill

Moultrie, GA

#2 Aug 27, 2013
hey i just did a google search and saw this. yeah they are pieces of shit i would never refer anyone there i stayed at the shelter and i rather go back to my abuserr then be there. they rambled thru my stuff when i went to an appointment they had all the girls fighting in the house so that we wouldnt team up and call the state on them they wouldnt let me leave for 3 weeks and they took my phone and went thru all mmy texts and calls and questioned me about it they called the law because my daughter wet the bed they tried to get my kids taken away from me so i would say f*ck serenity house go to tifton or thomasville for shelter or email me i no some cool landlords that will work with u nessa909ca@gmail.com
Swanson

Moultrie, GA

#3 Jan 1, 2014
@n_hill ya i totally get everything ur saying. when i was there rachael was in the office at the apartments n she acts like an over grown kid. ridiculousness. she's a stalker to. some of my church members helped me get the hell out of there n when rachael found out where i worked she kept coming to my job pretending like she was gone buy something. weirdo ass grown woman acting like a damn child. starting drama with everybody didnt make any sense. i feel sorry for those girls there. i can only pray that they get the hell out like i did.
Rachel

Moultrie, GA

#4 Feb 6, 2014
@ Swanson....I am sorry you feel that way.....by the way Swanson is not your name. Stalker?? No, I don't have time for that childish game and if I recall you was terminated from the program due to your own fault and yes your church members helped you move out. Everyone has a right to their own opinion but the truth is what counts and I know the truth!
Boss Lady

Douglasville, GA

#5 Feb 19, 2014
F*CK SERENITY HOUSE..
I COULDNT STAND THE S*IT AND WOULDNT REFER ANYONE TO GO THERE.. THEY ALL ARE FULL OF S*IT.. STRAIGHT UP!!
Tulips6219

United States

#6 Oct 22, 2014
For anyone reading these negative posts about Serenity House don't believe everything you read. Serenity House is a safe haven for battered women and goes above and beyond to provide help to those who are victims of DV. There will always be disgruntled employees/clients. The reality is this there are rules put in place for the protection of clients/staff. No one is trying to run anyone's life and no one is held hostage all clients are free to leave the shelter if they decide it is not what they want or are unable to comply with the rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norman Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Farrey Family Dentistry, LLC Nov 26 Joe 1
black women who like white men (Oct '12) Nov '14 Nosfonader 70
Review: All In One Auto Service & Collision Repair Sep '14 Jay 1
Review: Tallokas Pointe Apartments Sep '14 Anonymous 2
Moultrie Tech ranks among Top 100 certificate-p... (Sep '12) Sep '14 Bogie 2
Review: Tallokas Pointe Apartments Jul '14 Douglas Geist 1
3 more gambling arrests made in Tift Jul '14 LMAO 2
Norman Park Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web