Class of 2011 encouraged to adopt gre...

Class of 2011 encouraged to adopt greener lifestyle

There are 3 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 23, 2007, titled Class of 2011 encouraged to adopt greener lifestyle. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Freshmen arriving at Northwestern University next month will receive a host of goodies welcoming them to campus, including a purple 21-ounce water bottle, slim enough for a backpack pocket and sturdy enough to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Nathaniel Merrill

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Aug 24, 2007
I think Global Warming is a joke to hand over more power to the goverment. And a Scam for AL Gore to promote his company and movie. Its all about money for the DFL, and Libral Communists.

Since: May 07

Franklin Square, NY

#2 Aug 24, 2007
"From walking to class with a solar-paneled backpack that charges an iPod to using -- gasp -- a land line in the dorms because it doesn't require a power brick for charging like a mobile phone does, more students are taking life courses in cutting consumption."

Yeah, you're going to be the cool kid at school! No mobile phone and a backpack with a solar panel attached. WEDGIE TIME.
Mr Giblets

UK

#3 Aug 25, 2007
Appanouki wrote:
"From walking to class with a solar-paneled backpack that charges an iPod to using -- gasp -- a land line in the dorms because it doesn't require a power brick for charging like a mobile phone does, more students are taking life courses in cutting consumption."
Yeah, you're going to be the cool kid at school! No mobile phone and a backpack with a solar panel attached. WEDGIE TIME.
they are trying to breed a generation of smug, self-satisfied nerds. Since when does anyone need to carry a WATER-BOTTLE? I have managed my entire life without a water bottle - now the dudes can't walk to classes without needing to "hydrate". What a hopeless bunch of wimps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Normal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ho! Ho! Hoes! Jan 13 IPoopInUMoutf 1
News 'Never too old to love' (May '08) Dec 28 The Anti-Flower C... 8
News A year after Trump's election, ISU internationa... Dec 23 The Anti-Flower C... 2
Are you a State Farm Employee affected by closu... (Aug '13) Dec '17 jumbo 41
Normal Music Selection (Sep '12) Oct '17 Baloney 23
john peppercorn the prophet Oct '17 The Anti-Flower C... 8
News Comic-book author who spoke at UI a Marvel herself Oct '17 The Anti-Flower C... 1

Normal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Normal Mortgages