Big surge in Amtrak ridership in Illi...

Big surge in Amtrak ridership in Illinois

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 14, 2008, titled Big surge in Amtrak ridership in Illinois. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Amtrak ridership topped 1 million passengers in the last year for the first time in at least three decades on routes between Chicago and Downstate cities, the railroad reported Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Mike

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Oct 14, 2008
Mr. MICA - "... As I said, Amtrak now chugs along at 83 miles an hour. It's almost embarrassing to call that high-speed rail. That's Acela"

Mr. SHAYS - "...It is a mystery to me how Amtrak could have built a high speed, a faster train that doesn't work properly. The Acela can't be used for what it was intended to be used for. It doesn't go faster because it can't tilt. It's three inches too wide."

Mr. SHAYS - "And people must realize we subsidize right now Amtrak to the tune of every single ticket sold to the tune of $50.12"

"More money for Amtrak makes sense."
[ House of Representatives - July 22, 2008 ]

Maybe they can get it up to 85 MPH and $100.00 per ticket taxpayer subsidy - Go Amtrak!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Normal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy 20th Birthday Destiny Davis 3 hr DaddyDon46 1
Local racism Fri Concerned Citizen 1
News Sparkling reindeer-dung jewelry sells at Ill. zoo (Nov '09) Feb 8 Phart Sparklingly 8
News Sparkling reindeer-dung jewelry sells at Ill. zoo (Nov '09) Feb 8 Phart Comically 14
News Sparkling reindeer-dung jewelry sells at Ill. zoo (Nov '09) Feb 8 Phart Shoppingly 3
News Reindeer dung ornaments, jewelry net Ill. zoo $20K (Dec '09) Feb 8 Phart Seasonally 6
News Trip to Kenya changed student's life [Commercia... (Aug '13) Jan 20 river cross 5

Normal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Normal Mortgages