Officer charged with DUI returns to d...

Officer charged with DUI returns to duties

There are 4 comments on the WAND-TV Decatur story from Apr 15, 2009, titled Officer charged with DUI returns to duties. In it, WAND-TV Decatur reports that:

A Bloomington police officer placed on paid administrative leave after his arrest on drunken driving charges has been returned to duty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAND-TV Decatur.

annoyed

Peoria, IL

#1 Apr 26, 2009
Is anyone irritated with this? Bloomington police officers, that I have seen, are irresponsible. The other night I came home from work and saw 3 police officers at my neighbors house breaking up a party and the kids were clearly drinking and the cops sent them off at 4a.m. intoxicated to walk home. How is that safe? I can't believe a police officer would send a group of kids off into the night at 4am after they have been drinking. I was tempted to say something but it just annoyed me beyond words that as a police officer you could send kids walking home when they were clearly drunk. They could have lived in other towns and those cops couldn't have cared any less. That's ridiculous in my book that these are the people protecting and patrolling our town. It's people that don't care.
starr

Normal, IL

#2 May 11, 2009
Well, Normal is about the same...we had neighbors with two teenaged boys who had HUGE parties, and the cops would do the same thing, only they would let the kids DRIVE away in their cars after they were smoking weed and drinking...the kids would throw up in another neighbor's driveway, so there is no doubt they were drinking.

These kids also would be brought home in groups of about 6 or 7 kids, all told the cops they were staying at this house, the cops would bring them home on a curfew violation at 2 a.m. when they were 15 or 16 years old, and dump all these kids out on the front door step..they would just sit on the steps and watch the cops drive away. The mom was never home.

After the cops left, they would go around the back of the house and break into the basement and party some more. Wouldn't you love to have neighbors like this??
curious

United States

#3 Jul 18, 2009
If minors were allowed to drink, adults that live at this house should have been arrested. I assume the cops knew them.
mad mom

Bloomington, IL

#4 Feb 9, 2010
a cop on the road drunk? OH WELL I guess thats fine, but what about the other drunk drivers? WHY are their driving priviliges revoked? Seems a little fishy to me. A cop is just a civil servant and should be treated as such if it is against the law he swore to uphold he/she should face the same punishment any person would get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Normal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
john peppercorn the prophet Oct 15 The Anti-Flower C... 8
News Comic-book author who spoke at UI a Marvel herself Oct 8 The Anti-Flower C... 2
Crystal Thompson fired from waffle house (Aug '12) Sep 26 Dona day 4
News Body Found at Vacant House Fire Next to IL Stri... (Feb '17) Sep '17 The Anti-Flower C... 5
Bloomington Music Thread (Feb '14) Sep '17 Musikologist 8
"Friends" (Sep '16) Aug '17 William Shat-on-u 5
News Trip to Kenya changed student's life [Commercia... (Aug '13) Aug '17 Tom 7

Normal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Normal Mortgages