Illinois State trustees approve tuiti...

Illinois State trustees approve tuition increase

There are 8 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 9, 2008, titled Illinois State trustees approve tuition increase. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Some students at Illinois State University are going to be paying a lot more in the fall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

ChicagoGuy

Chicago, IL

#1 May 9, 2008
Holy Carp!
Radian

Princeton, IL

#2 May 9, 2008
No wonder all the frat kids (e.d. UCSD) are slangin' dope - how else are you gonna pay tuition!?
No Land for-Chicago

Woodridge, IL

#3 May 9, 2008
Isn't this the same university that just removed its president (with full salary) because of her mis-appropriating funds? I think so. Shame on them.
larry

United States

#4 May 9, 2008
but lets give all the mexs free tuition.
Nearly Normal

Mechanicsburg, PA

#5 May 9, 2008
NO, this is not the same university that just removed its president--that was Chicago State.

With cuts in the state aid to higher ed, this is what happens.

Most of my former students are working to help pay for school and now takes them five years to graduate. Or,they will do the first two years at a community college and then transfer to a four-year university to finish.

Compared to most private schools, this is still a bargain.
State of the State

AOL

#6 May 9, 2008
Yet MORE BS from Springfield!

Let senior ride free...
Dole out more monies to entitlement classes...
Spend here, spend there, spend everywhere - so long as their antied up with pay to play.
Daley, Stroger, Blago --- execute them all.

I wouldn't dream of letting my kids attend a school in Illinois, I'd send 'em to the University of Tehran first. At least they've got an energy policy.
Can You Say Outta State

AOL

#7 May 9, 2008
Nearly Normal wrote:
NO, this ...
Compared to most private schools, this is still a bargain.
A 'bargain' is in the eye{s} to the beholder. This place is nowhere near worth this kind of money ---
A mediocer school - at best, and at over half of what it costs to go to a truly top notch / first rate Univeristy. I'd figure out a way{s} to come up with the difference for a real school. Besides which,'Normal, Illinois'- halfway between nowhere and nothingness where professors [?] are mediocer and your classmates among the dredges.'Worth it'- think {for a change} again.
Hum, a 'bargin' not worth the money more like it. Count my kids out!
Nearly Normal

Mechanicsburg, PA

#8 May 9, 2008
A mediocer school - at best, and at over half of what it costs to go to a truly top notch / first rate.

Hope you find one with a good spelling program.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Normal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kris Girardi owner of 360 Transcription is stil... Mar 1 Editusername 1
News Body Found at Vacant House Fire Next to IL Stri... Feb 24 glitterati 1
Happy 20th Birthday Destiny Davis Feb '17 DaddyDon46 1
Local racism Feb '17 Concerned Citizen 1
News Sparkling reindeer-dung jewelry sells at Ill. zoo (Nov '09) Feb '17 Phart Sparklingly 8
News Sparkling reindeer-dung jewelry sells at Ill. zoo (Nov '09) Feb '17 Phart Comically 14
News Sparkling reindeer-dung jewelry sells at Ill. zoo (Nov '09) Feb '17 Phart Shoppingly 3

Normal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Normal Mortgages