Reaction to immigrant raid

Apr 5, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHOI

“We are being invaded as our government turns a blind eye because of lobbyist and small special interest groups. Iraq is not a danger to the people of the United States. The invasion from Mexico is the real danger to our quality and way of life.”

The 13 people accused of helping illegal immigrants get fake ID's to work at the Cargill Plant in Beardstown made their first court appearance Thursday. via WHOI

Comments
1 - 20 of 120 Comments Last updated Aug 10, 2007
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
amanda

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 5, 2007
 
yea hispanics are coming but they're trying to just live a good life and make money for their families on the other hand its not fair they dont pay taxes but to say they're a bigger threat then iraq is retarted why do we americans get to live here wether we pass or fail the freakin constitution and they dont why cant they just take the test like we do pass or fail and become a member and pay taxes so they can make money pay taxes and its not such a problem anymore we shouldnt be mad other people are trying to live a dream and support their families and we could make it fair to everyone if we actually tried
chris

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 6, 2007
 
These people are a drain on our society. The only reason they are allowed to sneak into our country is to be used as cheap labor. Deport them, their children, grandparents, and pets. As if the American taxpayer isnt already carrying a heavy enougg burden. To have these people sneak in and take jobs, and create problems in our communities is an insult. Good riddance, and keep it up!!
dash-dewey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 15, 2007
 
I just read senator durbin's statement on illegals. What a slap in the face to the American kids who need help getting to college. They too would like to have the American dream, and they are the American dream. Giving free tuition to kids who parents are illegal, so the hell what, what about the American parent or parents that can't really afford med school etc. Yeah there are student loans and pell grants, but most of that is all gone by mid year. The Italians that came here through Ellis Island in the early 1900's managed to learn English, read,write etc. And they put up with alot of abuse, what the hell is the Mexican's problem ?
THE REAL DEAL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 15, 2007
 
The Mexican brings up a subject I've commented on before but here goes another try:

He says without illegal Mexicans who will wash our dishes? Who will cook our food at Applebees or Red Lobster?

MY REPLY: Now here this! Dishes have been washed throughout cities, towns & villages on planet earth WITHOUT the need for illegal Mexicans for centuries!

German, Poles, Italians, French & Swedes have harvested their crops for centuries WITHOUT the need for illegal Mexicans!

Now for a fact: When (and I've witnessed this first hand) a Mexican becomes manager of a fast food place like McDonalds, Burger King or Wendys.....HE ALWAYS makes a point of ONLY hiring Mexicans.
Then every cook, cashier or dishwasher in his restaurant is Mexican.
This would give a tourist entering his establishment the false impression that ONLY Mexicans are willing to do this kind of work..........when in reality, the manager WON'T hire Asians, Blacks or Whites at all!
And baby I can prove this! Believe me!
That is commonly known as RACISM!!!

So the "why are you bashing Mexicans?" posters need to look in their mirrors!
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 15, 2007
 
Amanda, it is obvious that you are not an American citizen as you don't know the English language. A little slap on the wrist for all your crimes is not enough. By the way, they should go after the employers too!

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 15, 2007
 
dash-dewey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 15, 2007
 
THE REAL DEAL wrote:
The Mexican brings up a subject I've commented on before but here goes another try:
He says without illegal Mexicans who will wash our dishes? Who will cook our food at Applebees or Red Lobster?
MY REPLY: Now here this! Dishes have been washed throughout cities, towns & villages on planet earth WITHOUT the need for illegal Mexicans for centuries!
German, Poles, Italians, French & Swedes have harvested their crops for centuries WITHOUT the need for illegal Mexicans!
Now for a fact: When (and I've witnessed this first hand) a Mexican becomes manager of a fast food place like McDonalds, Burger King or Wendys.....HE ALWAYS makes a point of ONLY hiring Mexicans.
Then every cook, cashier or dishwasher in his restaurant is Mexican.
This would give a tourist entering his establishment the false impression that ONLY Mexicans are willing to do this kind of work..........when in reality, the manager WON'T hire Asians, Blacks or Whites at all!
And baby I can prove this! Believe me!
That is commonly known as RACISM!!!
So the "why are you bashing Mexicans?" posters need to look in their mirrors!
the blacks are the same way down here. the asians are too.
Cher

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 3, 2007
 
So I'm actually from Beardstown where the raid happened. The Hispanic community has taken over the town and completely changed it. The town is all about helping them "adapt" and spending an incredible amount of money in bringing in bilingual teachers and a brand new bigger school was put in to help . A bigger school that OUR tax money paid for. They are taking from OUR system that they don't put a DIME into. They are using our medical care, WIC, and other government programs. They also drive down the costs of labor so that we don't get paid as much. And the whole thing about them doing the jobs that we don't want to do is a crock. One of the guys who got arrested was an illegal who gets paid $49K a year. Who wouldn't want that job? And their kids who are getting free tuition assistance and out of state fees will give our children a run for their money when they become college educated.
I am sorry that they have a tough life over there, but we can't help everyone. They don't even have it REALLY bad like some countries going through GENOCIDE. There is a huge list people waiting to get into this country LEGALLY. Why should they get to come first illegally in front of them?
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 3, 2007
 
Cher wrote:
So I'm actually from Beardstown where the raid happened. The Hispanic community has taken over the town and completely changed it. The town is all about helping them "adapt" and spending an incredible amount of money in bringing in bilingual teachers and a brand new bigger school was put in to help . A bigger school that OUR tax money paid for. They are taking from OUR system that they don't put a DIME into. They are using our medical care, WIC, and other government programs. They also drive down the costs of labor so that we don't get paid as much. And the whole thing about them doing the jobs that we don't want to do is a crock. One of the guys who got arrested was an illegal who gets paid $49K a year. Who wouldn't want that job? And their kids who are getting free tuition assistance and out of state fees will give our children a run for their money when they become college educated.
I am sorry that they have a tough life over there, but we can't help everyone. They don't even have it REALLY bad like some countries going through GENOCIDE. There is a huge list people waiting to get into this country LEGALLY. Why should they get to come first illegally in front of them?
Yeah, but they are only coming here to work. So, what if they are sucking the country dry and demanding everything because they don't respect the law or America. These people are just moochers and they have their families broken up because they broke the law.
rodrigo

Amherst, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 7, 2007
 
leave the mexicans alone man they do a good job. they can work a hell of alot harder than a damn whiteboy

“Reduce immigration levels”

Since: Dec 06

Kings Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 7, 2007
 
Sen Reid in going to Fast Track the amnesty Bill to the Senate floor without going to committee. Get busy folks, you know the drill
S Barnes

Cedarpines Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 7, 2007
 
rodrigo wrote:
leave the mexicans alone man they do a good job. they can work a hell of alot harder than a damn whiteboy
Thanks for your comment racist and when you come back to reality, please inform us!

“Illegals are not immigrants...”

Since: Apr 07

Mid-south, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 7, 2007
 
rodrigo wrote:
leave the mexicans alone man they do a good job. they can work a hell of alot harder than a damn whiteboy
Actually their work is shoddy, because they are unskilled...the immigrant artisans of yesteryear knew how to work, and could create works of beauty...nothing made by this group will last...American cars that use parts made in Mexico are worthless...so, where is this good job being done?
paysan

Linville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 7, 2007
 
How hypocritical. You all accuse Mexicans of ALL coming here for a handout, to commit crimes. YOU are the racists, there is no argument about it.

It is TRUE that Mexicans work harder than USA blacks or whites. Everyone knows this.

It is also true that you are LIARS when you claim that they are putting nothing into the system. They are WORKING cheap, for one thing, thereby subsidizing your fat consumerist lifestyles, in addition they pay a myriad of taxes.

Build schools for children? How much did it cost to build schools for YOUR children? Their children are no different, they are human beings.

Racists, however, are not human beings. They are subhuman lowlife.
THE REAL DEAL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 7, 2007
 
rodrigo wrote:
leave the mexicans alone man they do a good job. they can work a hell of alot harder than a damn whiteboy
Very true! Mexican drug cartels work sooo much harder than "damn whiteboys".
Mexican gang members and their drive-bys work soooo much harder than "damn whiteboys".

Mexican women with 7 kids all under the age of ten get their food stamps, WIC and government housing so much easier than "damn whiteboys".

“Illegals are not immigrants...”

Since: Apr 07

Mid-south, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 7, 2007
 
paysan wrote:
How hypocritical. You all accuse Mexicans of ALL coming here for a handout, to commit crimes. YOU are the racists, there is no argument about it.
It is TRUE that Mexicans work harder than USA blacks or whites. Everyone knows this.
It is also true that you are LIARS when you claim that they are putting nothing into the system. They are WORKING cheap, for one thing, thereby subsidizing your fat consumerist lifestyles, in addition they pay a myriad of taxes.
Build schools for children? How much did it cost to build schools for YOUR children? Their children are no different, they are human beings.
Racists, however, are not human beings. They are subhuman lowlife.
When you have no other valid argument, out comes the worn-out race card...is that all you've got? If it is, you have nothing...
paysan

Madison Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 7, 2007
 
<<<When you have no other valid argument, out comes the worn-out race card...is that all you've got? If it is, you have nothing... >>>

I have posted myriad facts which you ignore. The TRUTH of history and social reality scares you, just like Mexicans scare you. You are a RACIST, proven so by you acquiescence to all the BIGOTRY spewed in here by your allie which you never confront.

You are a LIAR and a TRAITOR, cudzuqueen. An Ugly AmeriKKKan. Nothing more.
THE REAL DEAL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 7, 2007
 
cudzuqueen wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have no other valid argument, out comes the worn-out race card...is that all you've got? If it is, you have nothing...
Well said!
paysan

Madison Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 7, 2007
 
You racists fear facts.

USA is guilty of multitude of crimes against Mexico. Reparations are owed. The USA owes the Mexican people. Mexico has done nothing to you. The USA has screwed Mexico for 150 years in various ways.

I know this history, you do not.
I can read, you apparently can not.
I can distinguish truth from propaganda, you dittoheads cannot.
I am, unlike you, not a racist traitor to the principles of freedom and justice.

You racists are the Ugly AmeriKKKans who make decent Americans look bad.
b4its2late

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 7, 2007
 
usa_born65 wrote:
March For America Washington D.c. June 14-16, 2007
----------
This is going to be an awesome event.
The White House will not be able to ignore the citizens any longer!
MINUTEMAN CIVIL DEFENSE CORPS PROUDLY ANNOUNCES OUR FULL SUPPORT AND PARTICIPATION IN THE
MARCH FOR AMERICA
WASHINGTON D.C. JUNE 14 - 16, 2007
PLEASE JOIN CHRIS SIMCOX AND DOZENS OF OTHER BORDER SECURITY ORGANIZATIONS AS WE SEND CONGRESS A STRONG MESSAGE -NO AMNESTY-ENFORCE THE LAWS- AND SECURE OUR BORDERS!
The Citizens of the United States of America know and accept that
securing and protecting of our Nations borders is the first and most
necessary step needed to be taken before true healing of our Nation
can begin. The Citizens of the United States of America will no longer
be silenced nor tolerate being ignored in our urgent requests to secure
and protect our Nations borders now!
Official Dates and Times:
Nation Capital (D.C.) June 14,15, 16th, 2007
State Capitals: June 16th, 2007
(See "State Coverage" for contact information and details about official State
Organizers as well as events planned for the June 16th, 2007 in those
participating States)
D.C. and U.S.A. Events Calendar
June 14th (D.C)- "Flag Day" A day of honoring American citizens who have died
due to illegal aliens on American soil. In their honor, F.I.R.E. Coalition will be
hosting "Operation Body Count". In addition will be a remembrance and a
moment of silence to honor the fallen patriots who have died defending our
country, its flag and Constitution.
June 15th (D.C.)- "All American Day" Presentations and protest on topics which
affect our Nation. Such topics planned are in regards to: The NAU/SPP/TTC,
Drug Cartels & other "Open Border" threats, and their effect and danger in our
cities and to our youth.
June 16th (U.S.A)- "Secure Borders March for America National Rally". Key
speakers will lend their voices across our Nation to speak for the citizens of the
United States of America. Americans in D.C. and in participating states will march
in unison to their Capitals throughout our nation to present to our Government
the foundation upon which this country was founded, "The U.S. Constitution", to
remind our Government of where their loyalties should lie.
East Coast 1pm - 6pm EST
Central 12pm - 5pm CST
Mountain 11am - 4pm MST
West Coast 10am - 3pm PST
We need all patriots to stand in unison for one day and to stand up for their
country. Please consider getting involved as:
An individual participant
A pro bono speaker, and/or
One of our project advocates
One of our donation sponsors
If your schedule does not allow you to participate, please circulate this
information to others who might be interested in this event.
Contact and Media Relations Director
Melissa Gardner
Let Freedom Ring America (Non-Profit Org.)
www.lframerica.com
Take America Back Rally
June 14, 15, 16
http://www.lframerica.com/
If you can not make this event on that day march in from of your city hall!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Normal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min mahz 49,400
Debate: Marijuana - Bloomington, IL (Sep '10) 6 hr Smokey 11
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Mon newpoly 1,900
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Mr Ridgway 3,922
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Aug 20 Weneedchange 147
Debate: Ferguson - Normal, IL Aug 19 Bogart420 2
Bloomington Music Thread (Feb '14) Aug 15 Musikologist 2
•••
•••
•••

Normal Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Normal People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Normal News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Normal
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••