Taught inside, outside class

Taught inside, outside class

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 3, 2008, titled Taught inside, outside class. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Barry Gadlin had a talent for getting the best from his students as an inspiring English teacher and track coach, friends and family members said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Neal Gadlin

Des Plaines, IL

#1 May 3, 2008
Barry will be remembered by hundreds of people in private and personal ways, all connected with common threads of admiration, respect, and love: admiration for the path(s) he chose; respect for his courage and grace as he made his way; and love for the way he touched the lives not only of those closest to him, but also of everyone who knew him at any level.

It's good to have had a brother. It's even better to have had a brother who made an important difference in people's lives. May his legacy continue to inspire.
Dave Hene

Chicago, IL

#2 May 4, 2008
I was one Mr. Gadlin's students at Forest View in the mid-1980's. He was a terrific teacher and just a warm, sincere man. I'm sad for him, his family and friends, but I hope they take comfort and pride in knowing all that he meant to GENERATIONS of students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Normal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kappa Kabanna wins the beaver award (Dec '09) Apr 30 From Yesterday 3
I got the boy, you got the man. Apr '18 The Anti-Flower C... 2
News Body Found at Vacant House Fire Next to IL Stri... (Feb '17) Mar '18 IM_more_Anti_than... 7
Clicklist Delivery and pickup Mar '18 Itzmetony66 1
News A year after Trump's election, ISU internationa... (Oct '17) Feb '18 cherrykiss 7
Are you a State Farm Employee affected by closu... (Aug '13) Feb '18 Sadstateatstatefarm 42
Ho! Ho! Hoes! Feb '18 I_Willnot_Soilmy_... 3

Normal Jobs

Personal Finance

Normal Mortgages