Ozinga Makes it Official- he's in

Ozinga Makes it Official- he's in

There are 87 comments on the Suburban Chicago News story from May 1, 2008, titled Ozinga Makes it Official- he's in. In it, Suburban Chicago News reports that:

“The public is still waiting on Ozinga to fully answer questions about his ethical problems and willingness to bend or break the rules to make a buck.”

Standing in front of a red-and-white sign proclaiming "I am not a politician," Republican Marty Ozinga III, 58, on Wednesday officially kicked off his campaign for the 11th Congressional District. via Suburban Chicago News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Suburban Chicago News.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Iamnotamillionai re

Wayne, IL

#1 May 7, 2008
new lenox is a real mean place to live. Those in power think that playing by the rules does not apply to them. If you are a racist, warmonger, millionaire, you will fit right in here.
Iamnotamillionai re

Wayne, IL

#2 May 7, 2008
there are more ozinga signs up in new lenox township than dandelions. how can this right winged extremist think he has the right to represent the people of the 11th district, when he does not even live inside the district? when he has no clue how hard it is to pay for groceries? when he refuses to play by the election code of conduct? sign .... sign .... everywhere a sign......
Just an Opinion

Schaumburg, IL

#3 May 8, 2008
Iamnotamillionaire wrote:
new lenox is a real mean place to live. Those in power think that playing by the rules does not apply to them. If you are a racist, warmonger, millionaire, you will fit right in here.
Just a tad exaggerated don't you think????? Most of New Lenox is blue and white collar hard working families looking for a place to raise their children. You couldn't be more wrong about what New Lenox is made up of..you must not live here at all.

“Jumping Ship”

Since: Mar 08

S.E. Suburbs of Joliet

#4 May 8, 2008
I really don't understand what Ozinga has to do with New Lenox. Why attack New Lenox? New Lenox is not the only town in the district. I am sure the town had nothing to do with all the signs. If you have a legit. complaint and the signs are illegal, call the New Lenox Township Supervisor and ask to have them taken down.
It Is Who You Know

Naperville, IL

#5 May 8, 2008
Jumping Ship wrote:
I really don't understand what Ozinga has to do with New Lenox. Why attack New Lenox? New Lenox is not the only town in the district. I am sure the town had nothing to do with all the signs. If you have a legit. complaint and the signs are illegal, call the New Lenox Township Supervisor and ask to have them taken down.
Supervisors, officers, village employees, etc., etc. drive through this town every day. If the signs are not supposed to be posted, why does someone need to call for the law to be followed? The village employee that patrols the Metra lot to see who didn't pay their dollar should have plenty of time to take care of these violations. Then again, while we paid $50.00 for storage each month - nothing was done about the other trailers, campers, etc. that stayed parked illegally in village subdivisions. Don't be so sure the "town" didn't have anything to do with the signs either - a lot goes on here in good ol' New Lenox politically.
It Is Who You Know

Naperville, IL

#6 May 8, 2008
HMMMM...does anyone know what has been stored in the vacant house on Cedar and Haven? And by whom? Who paid for that? Ozinga isn't working crooked alone....

“Jumping Ship”

S.E. Suburbs of Joliet

#7 May 8, 2008
OK, you have a point. New Lenox politics is just as shady as Joliet, or just about any other community in the area. I just wish people would be more specific when making their generalizations about a community. Don't insult the community if you want to go after its leaders. You will loose votes for Halverson if you insult the actual day to day voters. Personally, I like Halverson myself. Just be careful how you word things, you may cut off your nose to spite your face. That is all I am saying.
And yes, I believe someone should call and complain about the signs. If no one does, all those Ozinga supporters are just going to assume they can get away with it if everyone is too afraid to speak up.
I won't vote for Ozinga cause he just reminds me too much of Oberweis. Millionaire with too much time on his hands.
Annoyed In Illinois

Streator, IL

#8 May 8, 2008
"I won't vote for Ozinga cause he just reminds me too much of Oberweis. Millionaire with too much time on his hands."

Ahhhh, a classic case of class envy. You dislike a person because he/she has more wealth than you? Just the other day you rambled about how you are worth three times more than I am.

By your Ozinga yardstick, I should dislike you. Not so. Of course I don't even KNOW you.

I respect anyone who has achieved success in a pursuit whether it's hitting home runs, running a concrete company, or sweeping a floor.

As Luther said, there is honor in all types of work.

If you want to rip on (or compliment) Ozinga, find out what he stands for and whether you agree or disagree.
This is getting old

Naperville, IL

#9 May 8, 2008
Jumping Ship wrote:
OK, you have a point. New Lenox politics is just as shady as Joliet, or just about any other community in the area. I just wish people would be more specific when making their generalizations about a community. Don't insult the community if you want to go after its leaders. You will loose votes for Halverson if you insult the actual day to day voters. Personally, I like Halverson myself. Just be careful how you word things, you may cut off your nose to spite your face. That is all I am saying.
And yes, I believe someone should call and complain about the signs. If no one does, all those Ozinga supporters are just going to assume they can get away with it if everyone is too afraid to speak up.
I won't vote for Ozinga cause he just reminds me too much of Oberweis. Millionaire with too much time on his hands.
Nice post. My feeling about Ozinga is that the Republican party figures they don't have much of a chance in District 11 anyway and does not want to spend any party money on a losing candidate, rather they'd pick someone who could fund himself or herself. I personally like Halvorson as well.
Annoyed In Illinois

Streator, IL

#10 May 8, 2008
TIGO:
I know little about Halvorson other than she is a Barry Obama delegate.

Can you give me four or five positions she has on the issues?

Since: Aug 07

New Lenox, IL

#11 May 8, 2008
Annoyed In Illinois wrote:
...I respect anyone who has achieved success in a pursuit whether it's hitting home runs, running a concrete company, or sweeping a floor...
Just curious, AII. How much respect do you have for guys like Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire or Sammy Sosa.
Annoyed In Illinois

Streator, IL

#12 May 8, 2008
An HONEST living, CRR.

Heavens, we're not talking Capone, Gacy, Skilling/Lay, and the jaundiced juggernaut of juiced, justly jilted jolters.

J'agree?

“Jumping Ship”

S.E. Suburbs of Joliet

#13 May 8, 2008
TIGO: Thanks for the clarification. I have nothing against millionaires as millionaires, they earned it they earned it. I just don't thing they should be trying to buy their way into political office. Besides, if he was such a great candidate, he would have been chosen over Balderman to begin with. It is probably a safe assumption that he was chosen because he can fund himself. That is what Oberweis does.
Annoyed In Illinois

Streator, IL

#14 May 8, 2008
JFK's father largely bought his way to the 1960 nomination.

I'd rather have someone spend his own millions on the nomination than have it come from tax-paid check-offs or have it limited by a silly federal law.

I guess it's whose ox is gored.

New Lenox, IL

#15 May 8, 2008
Annoyed In Illinois wrote:
An HONEST living, CRR.
Heavens, we're not talking Capone, Gacy, Skilling/Lay, and the jaundiced juggernaut of juiced, justly jilted jolters.
J'agree?
I figured, AII. Just checking. And yes, I agree WHOLE-HEARTEDLY!
This is getting old

United States

#16 May 8, 2008
Jumping Ship wrote:
TIGO: Thanks for the clarification. I have nothing against millionaires as millionaires, they earned it they earned it. I just don't thing they should be trying to buy their way into political office. Besides, if he was such a great candidate, he would have been chosen over Balderman to begin with. It is probably a safe assumption that he was chosen because he can fund himself. That is what Oberweis does.
My sentiments exactly. Bonds appeared to be genuinely interested in public service, as did Heenan.

New Lenox, IL

#17 May 8, 2008
(BTW, AII. Outstanding alliteration! Nicely done.)
Just Facts

Schaumburg, IL

#18 May 8, 2008
It Is Who You Know wrote:
HMMMM...does anyone know what has been stored in the vacant house on Cedar and Haven? And by whom? Who paid for that? Ozinga isn't working crooked alone....
That house is owned by the Village of New Lenox and was the home of the cable access TV until they moved into their new home at the village hall. There is nothing crooked about that is there?
It Is Who You Know

Naperville, IL

#19 May 8, 2008
Just Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
That house is owned by the Village of New Lenox and was the home of the cable access TV until they moved into their new home at the village hall. There is nothing crooked about that is there?
Ahhh...access cable has been gone for quite some time. What was in there in the mean time? Did the Village receive storage fees or can one store things there as long as there is room available? Just wondering....
Annoyed In Illinois

Streator, IL

#20 May 8, 2008
IIWYK:

The house is being razed soon so they can unbend the intersection of Haven and Cedar. There's been a whole lot of activity in that part of town this week.

The bridge? They're still saying July.

Yes, July.

It will have been one whole year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Normal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ho! Ho! Hoes! Sat IPoopInUMoutf 1
News 'Never too old to love' (May '08) Dec 28 The Anti-Flower C... 8
News A year after Trump's election, ISU internationa... Dec 23 The Anti-Flower C... 2
Are you a State Farm Employee affected by closu... (Aug '13) Dec '17 jumbo 41
Normal Music Selection (Sep '12) Oct '17 Baloney 23
john peppercorn the prophet Oct '17 The Anti-Flower C... 8
News Comic-book author who spoke at UI a Marvel herself Oct '17 The Anti-Flower C... 1

Normal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Normal Mortgages