Normal couple beat wedding stress by ...

Normal couple beat wedding stress by taking lifelong vows at Il...

There are 31 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 10, 2009, titled Normal couple beat wedding stress by taking lifelong vows at Il.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Wedding bells meant Taco Bell for Paul and Caragh Brooks. Customers inside the fast-food restaurant continued to order tacos and burritos as the couple sat Friday in an orange booth at Taco Bell and exchanged ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 10, 2009
I give this marriage about 3 months.
Frank Lee

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 10, 2009
Here parents must be very proud
Frank Lee

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 10, 2009
edit, typo I meant - Her parents

Normal, IL

#4 Jan 10, 2009
The newlywed couple plans to honeymoon at Bob Evans.

Naperville, IL

#5 Jan 10, 2009
Um...are they on mushrooms? That's the only way to explain this.

Chicago, IL

#6 Jan 10, 2009
Bruce wrote:
I give this marriage about 3 months.
You're being FAR too generous.:-P

Libertyville, IL

#7 Jan 10, 2009
I thought Taco Bell was a mexican phone company.

Wheaton, IL

#8 Jan 11, 2009
All that matters is that they honor their vows. It doesn't matter where they marry. The food was probably better than half of the receptions I have been to at swanky locations and I don't even like Taco Bell.

Streator, IL

#9 Jan 11, 2009
Having gone to school at Illinois State U., I am not surprised at someone getting married in a Taco Bell. The people who live down there are justifiably described as freaks.
Wisconsin Rich

Brookfield, WI

#10 Jan 11, 2009
Congrats Paul and Caragh! May you have many years of happiness and joy! You did it the right way. People today spend way too much on something like marriage when the location really only matters to the two that are getting married. If I ever get married again I will opt for the White Castle in Racine or Kenosha!

Shanghai, China

#11 Jan 11, 2009
good for them. unlike the millions of americans driving up their credit card debt with expenses they can't afford, these two realize that a one-day event isn't worth tens of thousands of dollars, as the wedding industry wants the rest of you suckers to believe. they obviously aren't as materialistic as the commenters critizing them.

Midlothian, IL

#12 Jan 11, 2009
Amazing! I can smell the 'white trash' all the way up here in Chicago! Pathetic.

Northbrook, IL

#13 Jan 11, 2009
More proof that Normal, Illinois is an oxymoron.

United States

#14 Jan 11, 2009
I done had me a beef burrito after I's done wit giving dem wedding vows, yes siree.

They was already wit the last name cause dey is cousins.

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 11, 2009
Divorce date: Feb 2011.

Chicago, IL

#16 Jan 11, 2009

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 11, 2009
Who cares where they got married? It's the marriage that is important, not the wedding.

#18 Jan 11, 2009
Dave wrote:
Thanks for doing the Trib's job for them. Photos should have been part of the story.
Lone Ranger

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 11, 2009
This is one of the grossest stories that I have ever read. Will their divorce take place at McDonalds?

Oswego, IL

#20 Jan 11, 2009
I attended a wedding last summer with all the bells and whistles. I can't even guess the cost of the wedding. It was over the top.
Well, fast forward 6 months and the couple are filing for divorce.
The same couple in which $$$$$ was spent to stay together until death due us part barely last 6 months.
If the couple in the article are happy, who cares if it was Taco Bell or McDonald's. I wish them well. So far off to a good start by not wasting money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Normal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Body Found at Vacant House Fire Next to IL Stri... (Feb '17) Tue IM_more_Anti_than... 7
Clicklist Delivery and pickup Mar 15 Itzmetony66 1
News A year after Trump's election, ISU internationa... Feb 19 cherrykiss 7
Are you a State Farm Employee affected by closu... (Aug '13) Feb '18 Sadstateatstatefarm 42
Ho! Ho! Hoes! Feb '18 I_Willnot_Soilmy_... 3
Why Are Illinois Property Taxes So High? Jan '18 Lee Stuvmen 1
News 'Never too old to love' (May '08) Dec '17 The Anti-Flower C... 8

Normal Jobs

Personal Finance

Normal Mortgages