UVA Center for Politics: Ryan Choice ...

UVA Center for Politics: Ryan Choice is a 'Bold Move' - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spor...

There are 18 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Aug 11, 2012, titled UVA Center for Politics: Ryan Choice is a 'Bold Move' - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Spor.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Saturday morning in front of the U.S.S Wisconsin battleship in Norfolk, Virginia, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney announced Wisconsin Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Skip Degan

Palmyra, VA

#1 Aug 11, 2012
Let the "Mitt Bull" loose!!!!!!!!!!
Blah

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Aug 11, 2012
Skip Degan wrote:
Let the "Mitt Bull" loose!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha!
wwtjdo

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Aug 11, 2012
Let the R&R (Romney Ryan) Express hit the campaign trail with all guns blazing...Let's make America great again...
JD in VA

Fairfield, VA

#5 Aug 11, 2012
wwtjdo wrote:
Let the R&R (Romney Ryan) Express hit the campaign trail with all guns blazing...Let's make America great again...
They'd better have the enthusiasm and determination you describe. John McCain found out what happens when you try to "play nice" with Obama's Chicago-style democrat machine. The libs have already blamed Romney for a woman's death (with Obama's blessing, I'm sure), and they're just getting warmed up.
joe

Brookneal, VA

#6 Aug 12, 2012
JD in VA wrote:
<quoted text>They'd better have the enthusiasm and determination you describe. John McCain found out what happens when you try to "play nice" with Obama's Chicago-style democrat machine. The libs have already blamed Romney for a woman's death (with Obama's blessing, I'm sure), and they're just getting warmed up.
McCain play nice?what a joke!Never said what he was going to do,Just ran Obama down!!!!!!!!!!No wonder he lost.....
Jamie

Wytheville, VA

#7 Aug 12, 2012
So much better than Biden... "who regularly gives the impression of having suffered a lobotomy." -Roger Kimball
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Aug 12, 2012
JD in VA wrote:
<quoted text>They'd better have the enthusiasm and determination you describe. John McCain found out what happens when you try to "play nice" with Obama's Chicago-style democrat machine. The libs have already blamed Romney for a woman's death (with Obama's blessing, I'm sure), and they're just getting warmed up.
You bet. Plenty more deaths where that came from, and more to come if they win (unless you're rich).
Carl

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Aug 12, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet. Plenty more deaths where that came from, and more to come if they win (unless you're rich).
Thanks to obama care my handicapped grandson just had some of his medicare cut. People need to get their head out of the ground and find out what obama care really is, you think health insurance will be bad under the republicans. Just wait until obama gets what he wants and then slashes health care even more, his excuse will be that health care is too expensive. Obama's liberal plan will more than throw granny under the bus, the handicapped and all non productive citizens will be euthanized.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#10 Aug 12, 2012
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to obama care my handicapped grandson just had some of his medicare cut. People need to get their head out of the ground and find out what obama care really is, you think health insurance will be bad under the republicans. Just wait until obama gets what he wants and then slashes health care even more, his excuse will be that health care is too expensive. Obama's liberal plan will more than throw granny under the bus, the handicapped and all non productive citizens will be euthanized.
Why did it get cut?
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#11 Aug 12, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet. Plenty more deaths where that came from, and more to come if they win (unless you're rich).
Should the government even provide insurance? Is health care a right?
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Aug 12, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Should the government even provide insurance? Is health care a right?
Florida thinks so. Neither candidate will ignore that.
Most industrialized countries believe in providing some variation of health care coverage.
Single payer is the way to go, I think.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#13 Aug 12, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida thinks so. Neither candidate will ignore that.
Most industrialized countries believe in providing some variation of health care coverage.
Single payer is the way to go, I think.
People had medical coverage before Obamacare, whether through government programs, or their own worth. The extremist claim that people weren't receiving care is a lie. Government controlled health care invites more of the fiscal abuse Democrats built into the current social safety nets.
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#14 Aug 12, 2012
heh wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida thinks so. Neither candidate will ignore that.
Most industrialized countries believe in providing some variation of health care coverage.
Single payer is the way to go, I think.
I know what you think. I'm putting the question out there for conservatives.
.
Why should government provide health care, and is it a right?
.
I asked Carl why his grandson's was cut. I'm guessing it's because his parents make enough money and that under the new law pre-existing conditions are covered. So now Carl's grandson's parents can get insurance for their son.
.
If that's the case, then isn't he in essence asking for a handout on the back of the taxpayer?
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#15 Aug 12, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
<quoted text>
People had medical coverage before Obamacare, whether through government programs, or their own worth. The extremist claim that people weren't receiving care is a lie. Government controlled health care invites more of the fiscal abuse Democrats built into the current social safety nets.
heh knows this and so do I. They were receiving it through COBRA's EMTALA, or basically; show up to the emergency room if you have a cough. That is the most expensive entry point into the healthcare system. The Romney Plan, or Obamacare, or PPACA... whatever you want to call it, forces people to buy insurance or face a "tax." I don't agree with the supreme court, but Robert's was the crucial vote.(and it's not a tax).
So now, it's not "government controlled health care" it's the government forcing people to buy privatized health care, unless you're under 133% the federal guidelines for poverty.
thinkingfree

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Aug 12, 2012
single payer, 32 hr work week, free college, tell the US to sucks eggs with their minny wars, thats the life. Darn I still live here.

“Equal Opportunity Not Results!”

Since: Nov 08

Charlottesville

#17 Aug 12, 2012
thinkingfree wrote:
single payer, 32 hr work week, free college, tell the US to sucks eggs with their minny wars, thats the life. Darn I still live here.
=Greece you dumbass!
drink ThE hivE

New York, NY

#18 Aug 12, 2012
Have Fun With That - Don't Get Arrested - And Careful F***ng Ultra Left Fundamentalism Chicks...

twinmom

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Aug 12, 2012
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to obama care my handicapped grandson just had some of his medicare cut. People need to get their head out of the ground and find out what obama care really is, you think health insurance will be bad under the republicans. Just wait until obama gets what he wants and then slashes health care even more, his excuse will be that health care is too expensive.
Agree with you on many points, Carl. People need to read the details of the Obamacare law. It is heavily laden with new regulations and government bureaucracy to manage the program, all of which will cost us billions and is already starting to burden hospitals and health professionals. That will reduce the amount of time and resources spent actually caring for patients, and make the cost of providing care go up while reimbursements will decrease or go down. Millions of currently uninsured will now get state Medicaid, and that will mean that they will want to be seen by a doctor for every hangnail, instead of just coping with it. Added to that is the reality that many MDs are planning to "opt out" of Medicare so there will be long waiting times to get in to see those doctors who stay enrolled. None of this is going to be pretty, for patients, for hospitals, clinics, physicians and other health professionals, or for the taxpayers. The only good parts about it were the provisions for pre-existing conditions and that young adults could be covered under the parents' insurance, and those could have been passed into law without all the rest of it. Obamacare will not reduce what government spends on healthcare, it merely shifts tax dollars from paying for actual health CARE to instead pay for a bureaucracy whose responsibility is to find ways to NOT pay for care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Libturds 1,762,651
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr judy 64,688
love (Nov '09) 21 hr martin garey 9
News Cop charged in animal cruelty (Mar '09) Thu martin garey 156
News Man accused of carjacking minivan with baby ins... (Apr '10) May 18 Martin garey 2
Does anyone else think the yearly car inspectio... (Nov '10) May 4 Leonard Gas 33
Red light district (Jun '14) Apr '18 Yermomgey 4

Norfolk Jobs

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages