Jataynun Fleming: Richmond Commonwealth's Attorney says deadly poli...

Full story: WTVR 159
The Richmond Commonwealth's Attorney's office says no charges will be filed against officers who shot and killed an unarmed suspect in July. Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#1 Aug 11, 2010
Maggie Lee, Fleming's grandmother disagrees with the findings.

"They killed him in cold blood. But they got to justify it to protect themselves."

Maybe you should have talked him into surrendering instead of abandoning him when you ran out of the house.

He was a murder suspect and it was reported he was armed. He charged at the police with what appeared to be a gun.

Suicide by cop is the coward's way out of paying for the crimes they commit.

He got just what he deserved and what the coward drug addict wanted!

Job well done by the police!
My Granny

Richmond, VA

#2 Aug 11, 2010
va_tazdad wrote:
"They killed him in cold blood. But they got to justify it to protect themselves."
Maybe you should have talked him into surrendering instead of abandoning him when you ran out of the house.
He was a murder suspect and it was reported he was armed. He charged at the police with what appeared to be a gun.
Thank you for your Christian compassion. I hope your own family members are given the same compassion when they need it!!!

Midlothian, VA

#3 Aug 11, 2010
"He charged towards them with both hands extended together, wrapped in a gray t-shirt, protruding from that t-shirt was a black object," said Beglin.

This coward little drug addict murderer got off too easy. He took the cowards way out and committed "suicide by cop" just like I said when it happened.

The scum bag thug got off way too easy.

one less criminal running around Richmond. No sympathy here!

Midlothian, VA

#4 Aug 11, 2010
My Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your Christian compassion. I hope your own family members are given the same compassion when they need it!!!
My family doesn't have drug addicts, thieves or murderers in it.

Compassion is for those that deserve it.

He sure as Hell doesn't!
Sunny

AOL

#5 Aug 11, 2010
Compassion for a murderer? I don't care if he did have 5 kids. We will have to support them anyway.
Princess83

Charlotte, NC

#6 Aug 11, 2010
va_tazdad wrote:
"He charged towards them with both hands extended together, wrapped in a gray t-shirt, protruding from that t-shirt was a black object," said Beglin.
This coward little drug addict murderer got off too easy. He took the cowards way out and committed "suicide by cop" just like I said when it happened.
The scum bag thug got off way too easy.
one less criminal running around Richmond. No sympathy here!
You must be a white person to say that out your mouth(not that I have anything against white people cause i have plenty of white friends) You really dont know him the family or know what really happened was you there in the house? All we got is what the police wanted us to hear not the truth. Am I saying he was right No!, but he didnt deserve to go the way he did. yea it may be one less bad person off the street but you never know what he may have been going through or why he did it. So before you judge someone with your STUPID SELF think about this what if it was a person in your family would you want us to think and say the same? Everybodys family is not perfect including yours
Sean

Providence Forge, VA

#7 Aug 11, 2010
va_tazdad wrote:
I concur with VA_tazdad. The shooting was justified!

Richmond, VA

#8 Aug 11, 2010
Princess83 wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a white person to say that out your mouth(not that I have anything against white people cause i have plenty of white friends) You really dont know him the family or know what really happened was you there in the house? All we got is what the police wanted us to hear not the truth. Am I saying he was right No!, but he didnt deserve to go the way he did. yea it may be one less bad person off the street but you never know what he may have been going through or why he did it. So before you judge someone with your STUPID SELF think about this what if it was a person in your family would you want us to think and say the same? Everybodys family is not perfect including yours
Not know him? Gee, lets see.

He killed a man during a robbery, he used drugs, and oh yeah, he took the coward's way out and committed suicide by cop.

Did he deserve to go the way he did?

No, he deserved to be tortured for days to pay for the pain he caused.

No, my family is not perfect, but there are no thieves, murderers or drug addicts.

No sympathy for him here.

Richmond, VA

#9 Aug 11, 2010
Princess83 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and by the way, you may enjoy drug addicted murderers running around so they can rob and murder at will. I don't "Princess".

But your STUPID SELF is correct about one thing, he didn't deserve to go the way he did. He didn't pay for his crimes!

Grow up. This is just one thug less to attack innocent old people (his specialty)in Richmond.
MOM

Forest Hill, MD

#10 Aug 12, 2010
Do you really need to shoot someone 7 times? That is crazy.
MOM

Forest Hill, MD

#11 Aug 12, 2010
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Not know him? Gee, lets see.
He killed a man during a robbery, he used drugs, and oh yeah, he took the coward's way out and committed suicide by cop.
Did he deserve to go the way he did?
No, he deserved to be tortured for days to pay for the pain he caused.
No, my family is not perfect, but there are no thieves, murderers or drug addicts.
No sympathy for him here.
You keep saying you don't have those type of people in your family. You do they just do it sneakily. It is a number of things that makes you an addict. Like the computer. Everytime I read a story you have something negative to say. At the end of the Day you are not the one that people have to answer to. Go somewhere and find something to do with yourself. You a grumpy, nasty, bitter person and you are living a sad life. You have nothing else better to do than to talk down to people on news reports. What if these people family read these comments. Oh yeah, you don't care because you are heartless.
Lou

United States

#12 Aug 12, 2010
MOM wrote:
I'm sure they just kept on shooting until they knew he was no longer a threat. Good job police, you kept another thug from being represented by the ACLU.

Midlothian, VA

#13 Aug 12, 2010
MOM wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying you don't have those type of people in your family. You do they just do it sneakily. It is a number of things that makes you an addict. Like the computer. Everytime I read a story you have something negative to say. At the end of the Day you are not the one that people have to answer to. Go somewhere and find something to do with yourself. You a grumpy, nasty, bitter person and you are living a sad life. You have nothing else better to do than to talk down to people on news reports. What if these people family read these comments. Oh yeah, you don't care because you are heartless.
I never said anyone, you included had to answer to me. That is your deranged spew.

I do have opinions on the news and I will express them. I am neither grumpy, nasty or bitter. I am honest and you just can't stand the truth.

Not everyone has criminals in their family like you seem to. It really must suck to be you.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them! And I do not care if a scum bag criminal's family reads my post and doesn't like it.

As I said, I have my opinions and if you don't agree with it, oh well! If I "talk down" to someone, it is because they started it as you have today.

Here, let me make you happy. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!

(Happy now?)

Midlothian, VA

#14 Aug 12, 2010
MOM wrote:
Actually, yes, some times you do.

LEOs are taught to "Shoot to stop" and some times it takes that many shots if the suspect is on drugs.(Or there is more than one officer firing)
chesterfield

Midlothian, VA

#15 Aug 12, 2010
MOM wrote:
HELL NO they were wrong to shoot him 7 times!!!!!!! IT should have been 25 times!!!!!
the cops just made the streets alittle safer when they did what they HAD to do.

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#16 Aug 12, 2010
MOM wrote:
Just 7 times? Damn, the weapon holds 15 rounds. Uh, That's why it's called DEADLY FORCE. I hope this POS is roasting in hell as i post this!
a concerned citizen

United States

#17 Aug 12, 2010
Va_tazdad. God doesn't like ugliness or belligerent people. It should not be left to police to decide anyone's fate. They just played God. They had no right. They should have taken tranquilizers so that he could b dealt with by the courts. If he wanted to commit suicide he could have done so in jail. That's if he was even guilty. What evidence do you or any of us have that he did all of these things. The primary victims are dead. They can't say who killed them. This could have been just another opportunity to pin an unsolved case on an innocent black boy. God is the only one who can decide what someone deserves. Plus if u helped him commit suicide who would believe that that is what he wanted. U would b the only one who knew the truth. But the police would look at it as MURDER. Which would make u a murderer. If u think that there are no wrongdoers in ur family then u are saying that ur family is perfect. Which is a sin. And with all the sins u have committed just on this webpage alone maybe the seat team should do the same to u. Stop being so judgmental. Based on what u have commented u are just as heartless and cruel as the boy u are passing judgement upon. In short to all, aren't we supposed to kill our enemy with kindness,not weaponry. This is why we are always at war. We aren't listening to the one God in charge because we are too busy trying to fill his shoes. Good luck with that one. But for everyone who agrees with tazdad, think about your eternal spirit and before u pass judgement on someone u don't know personally think about who will pass judgement on u. I will pray for u all.
ovca

Orange, VA

#18 Aug 12, 2010
You say "he didnt deserve to go the way he did." Think about it. He CHOSE to go that way. Told the cops repeatedly they were gonna have to shoot it out and so on. Why didnt he come out when they were begging him to end things peacefully? Instead he approached them with what they had every reason to think was a gun. He knew darn well what the cop's reaction would be. I don't know if it was due to all the drugs in his system at that moment, the drugs he consumed over the years (look at his pic and the vacant look in his eyes) or he was just tired of living the criminal life and wanted out. He committed suicide by cop. Now the officers who were forced by his actions to shoot him, have to deal with the emotional repercussions of killing someone. Street thugs and drug dealers and murderers seem to have no conscience when it comes to harming and killing others. But an officer with a moral conscience and sense of right and wrong always feels really bad about having to take anothers life in the line of duty, even tho it was to protect himself and his fellow officers. Cops put their lives on the line every shift and they deserve our respect.
Princess83 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shazam

Richmond, VA

#19 Aug 12, 2010
MOM wrote:
<quoted text>
Taz, she got you. You need Batman.

Midlothian, VA

#20 Aug 12, 2010
a concerned citizen wrote:
Va_tazdad. God doesn't like ugliness or belligerent people. It should not be left to police to decide anyone's fate. They just played God. They had no right. They should have taken tranquilizers so that he could b dealt with by the courts. If he wanted to commit suicide he could have done so in jail. That's if he was even guilty. What evidence do you or any of us have that he did all of these things. The primary victims are dead. They can't say who killed them. This could have been just another opportunity to pin an unsolved case on an innocent black boy. God is the only one who can decide what someone deserves. Plus if u helped him commit suicide who would believe that that is what he wanted. U would b the only one who knew the truth. But the police would look at it as MURDER. Which would make u a murderer. If u think that there are no wrongdoers in ur family then u are saying that ur family is perfect. Which is a sin. And with all the sins u have committed just on this webpage alone maybe the seat team should do the same to u. Stop being so judgmental. Based on what u have commented u are just as heartless and cruel as the boy u are passing judgement upon. In short to all, aren't we supposed to kill our enemy with kindness,not weaponry. This is why we are always at war. We aren't listening to the one God in charge because we are too busy trying to fill his shoes. Good luck with that one. But for everyone who agrees with tazdad, think about your eternal spirit and before u pass judgement on someone u don't know personally think about who will pass judgement on u. I will pray for u all.
You blew it at "they had no right".

Yes they did. The choice to commit "suicide by cop" was made by the coward thug drug using murderer.

Got a problem with that, talk to him. He is the criminal that made all the bad choices.

Save your Bible thumping for church. God doesn't decide what goes down on this planet or he would have saved your poor little thug from killing himself like that.

It is called free will and Fleming freely chose to use drugs, commit robbery, and murder an innocent man.

Maybe if you had thumped your Bible at him he wouldn't have turned out to be such a scum bag, but I doubt it.

Judges pass judgment every day on the criminal element, or are you too dumb to understand that is why they call them JUDGES?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Tony Rome 1,125,474
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,488
Scam Alert: Crooks target area wedding vendors (Apr '08) 6 hr ELEP 313
Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) 19 hr Jonah1 16,148
I remember in Hampton (Jan '08) 19 hr Levy 756
Virginia court system keeping data secret - and... 19 hr Alford 3
Hampton aims to slow population loss 19 hr Alford 6
Norfolk Dating
Find my Match

Norfolk Jobs

Norfolk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Norfolk News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Norfolk

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]