National Anthem is a racist song--change it!

Posted in the Norfolk Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Clanci

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

This is the land of the Indians and home of diversity, not white people. Indians had it stolen from thenm by whites. Slavery, like Will Sessoms said, was the white man's biggest sin. We need to change or at least get rid of the bigoted National anthem.

Since: Jul 12

Pineville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

oh say can you see by the dawn's early light what so proudly we hail at the twilights last gleaming whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilious fights over the ram parts we watched were so galantly streaming and the rockets red glare the bombs bursting in air gave proof through the night that our flag was still there oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave over the land of the free and the home of the brave

which part is racist?
Hampton U Grad

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

I always thought the the song was a waste of time before games. It has stupid lyrics if you really read them, written by white bigots. It should be done away with at ALL public events and by Law, no public school should be allowed to play it. Will Sessoms needs to step up and do away with it at public VB events.
Evolved Constitution

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

We live in an evolving World Order. The Constitution is outdated and like guns, 2nd Amendment, need to be changed. As for past songs during History, I see no need for them as well. We have more important things than singing some dusty lyrics. Let's evolve;
Besara

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Hampton U Grad wrote:
I always thought the the song was a waste of time before games. It has stupid lyrics if you really read them, written by white bigots. It should be done away with at ALL public events and by Law, no public school should be allowed to play it. Will Sessoms needs to step up and do away with it at public VB events.
Written by white bigots? Really? Got proof? Or are you just another gutless race-baiting poverty pimp? It would appear so. Go Away, smelly cockroach!!
Besara

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Evolved Constitution wrote:
We live in an evolving World Order. The Constitution is outdated and like guns, 2nd Amendment, need to be changed. As for past songs during History, I see no need for them as well. We have more important things than singing some dusty lyrics. Let's evolve;
BS. We don't need Neanderthal stooges like you. The concept of rights and liberties is lost on a bigot like you.
Elmer

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

wow tay can tu see...
your stupid

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

Its called tradition and your called and idiot. Your probably a worthless lazy focker that pulls the race card every time something doesnt go your way. Get over it. The race war ended stupid. Get a job and quit makin excuses.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

The 2nd amendment was designed to prevent tyranny. In countries such as England, Australia and Japan guns have been banned and there is no tyranny in those countries. America needs to follow their lead and ban the private ownership of firearms. Americans are tired of their innocent children being massacred by NRA gun nuts. President Obama, America BEGS you. Please begin the process of banning firearms in our country so our children can be safe once again. Don't let the 20 children massacred in Newtown, Conn. to have died in vain.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

Judged:

your stupid wrote:
Its called tradition and your called and idiot. Your probably a worthless lazy focker that pulls the race card every time something doesnt go your way. Get over it. The race war ended stupid. Get a job and quit makin excuses.
The race war ended?!? What planet are you living on? Racism is alive and well in America. It's known as the Republican party.
Black Islam of VB

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Support the Black Nation of Islam, chapter in Virginia Beach. Let's take what is ours.

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

In a sense the Constitution did evolve and change. Do you remember the Bill of Rights? Historically the Constitution has been amended 27 times.
slickster14

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

You know you dont have to live here

“broke out”

Since: Jan 13

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

the song isn't racist obviously. the poster was trying to stir up a heated argument
Ruwack

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

A simple fact check of the lyrics will reveal the third verse/paragraph;

"...No refuge could save the hireling and slave From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:..."

Unfortunately most folks lack the knowledge that that verse refers to those held as "slaves" that wanted or did fight on the side of the British for the promise of freedom. History reveals that this verse was in response to that scenario.
So if "slave" was synonymous with so called "Black" folks, then yes it is racism. If "slave" was not, then it is merely insensitive but not necessarily racist.

Know your history
Drink Coffe not Tea

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Move to Canada.
Ruwack

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Drink Coffe not Tea wrote:
Move to Canada.
You know, considering the history of these united States and the current state of affairs; I am considering a move.
I appreciate the supportive energy. Be well.
Tiny Titans

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

(Shouting)I HATE THE STUPID SONG AND YES, IT HOLDS UP THE nfl GAMES! It was written by white bigots and the NFL is all black. It is an in your face song to offend the Latin, Africans, and Indians.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Norfolk Forum right now

Search the Norfolk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,033,703
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr DonPanic 42,972
Special court rules against families who claim ... (Feb '09) 15 hr 100 percent frienduh 127
Five People Shot In Gilpin Court - wtvr (Jul '10) Thu ank 236
Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Indicted: 27 members of... (Jun '10) Wed From falling creek 35
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Wed abe 1,349
Watch out for elephants in the road tonight Apr 15 Tina C 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Norfolk Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Norfolk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE