Man wounded in early-morning shooting...

Man wounded in early-morning shooting in Norfolk

There are 32 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jun 12, 2008, titled Man wounded in early-morning shooting in Norfolk. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A man was transported to a local hospital after being shot early this morning in Norfolk .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Stop the Violence! End Racism!”

Since: Apr 08

Close the Loopholes!

#1 Jun 12, 2008
Each morning we wake to news of more gun violence in our great city. When are we going to stop allowing our young people such easy access to guns?

We need to close the gun show loophole. Convicted felons, domestic abusers, and the mentally ill can simply walk into any gun show and buy a weapon - no questions asked.

Come on folks, let's stop the violence. Together we can do it!

“THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT!”

Since: Sep 07

Quahog, Rhode Island

#2 Jun 12, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
Each morning we wake to news of more gun violence in our great city. When are we going to stop allowing our young people such easy access to guns?
We need to close the gun show loophole. Convicted felons, domestic abusers, and the mentally ill can simply walk into any gun show and buy a weapon - no questions asked.
First, there is NO gun show loophole.

Second, it is illegal for any convicted felon, domestic abuser, or any person who has been deemed mentally ill to possess a firearm or ammunition.

Third, all kinds of questions are asked.

So before you go spouting off your ultra-liberal anti-gun rhetoric, please do some research.

VOR

“I rule.”

Since: Jun 08

Newport News, VA

#3 Jun 12, 2008
Why would you open your door to anyone except a close friend/family member at 4:30 am?
brm3y

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jun 12, 2008
senseless
Beach Bum

Lynchburg, VA

#5 Jun 12, 2008
Let's see 4:30 a.m.! So we know it wasn't the pizza guy or the AVON Lady! So it must have been a crack delivery! LOL!
What are they thinking

Newport News, VA

#6 Jun 12, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
Who are you talking about????? I do not allow my kids to have access to guns. Plus my kids are in bed thet time of night. You think these kids got their guns at a gun show? I doubt they would have money for the admission much less have money to buy a handgun. No these are criminals and need to be treated as such. They probably stole the handguns or were given them but by their thug friends. This sounds like a gang initiation thing.

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

#7 Jun 12, 2008
VOR wrote:
Why would you open your door to anyone except a close friend/family member at 4:30 am?
My thoughts exactly..

VOR

“I rule.”

Newport News, VA

#9 Jun 12, 2008
White Trailer Trash wrote:
If somebody came banging on my door at 4 f'in 30 in the morning, the story would have been the other way around.
You have a door now?
John

Moseley, VA

#10 Jun 12, 2008
Chitty Chitty bang bang
gaw

Huntsville, AL

#11 Jun 12, 2008
HG Robinson wrote:
Shall I post my question again? The one that you've never answered? What do you suggest that we do to keep guns out of the wrong hands?

I get tired of people who complain, complain, and complain about issues and never offer any realistic solutions. At least when my daughter was a baby she had a good reason to cry. That's what babies do. Stop acting like a baby and become part of the solution.
CeeDee - Yorktown

AOL

#12 Jun 12, 2008
VOR wrote:
Drug purchase? It seems to me that drugs are usually at the core of this type of crime.

VOR

“I rule.”

Newport News, VA

#14 Jun 12, 2008
SwamiPoobah wrote:
<quoted text>
VOR...since when do you have a door to open?
Your moms basement doesn't count.
You're increasingly irrelevant.

VOR

“I rule.”

Newport News, VA

#17 Jun 12, 2008
Hahh wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "Niggy Niggy Bang Bang"
What can I say? I laughed.
John Warner

Washington, DC

#18 Jun 12, 2008
VOR you are not deserving to breath the air the rest of us do. Why do you feel the need to always put other people down. POS I can only assume you are one of the low lifes you talk about.
VOR wrote:
<quoted text>You're increasingly irrelevant.
right

Norfolk, VA

#19 Jun 12, 2008
LMAO!!!!
Hahh wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean "Niggy Niggy Bang Bang"

VOR

“I rule.”

Newport News, VA

#20 Jun 12, 2008
John Warner wrote:
VOR you are not deserving to breath the air the rest of us do. Why do you feel the need to always put other people down. POS I can only assume you are one of the low lifes you talk about.
<quoted text>
Apparently you're not seeing the pathetic vendetta Swami-something has against me. I simply respond in a way that I feel is appropriate.

VOR

“I rule.”

Newport News, VA

#22 Jun 12, 2008
SwamiPoobah wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it's the manner in which you tell lies.
You can call me a liar all you want. I know what's true. You're just in denial. You people can't handle someone other than a middle-class shipyard drone on this forum.
White Interloper

Chesapeake, VA

#24 Jun 12, 2008
So because negros can't handle the responsibility of gun ownership (along with pretty much everything else) the rest of is should have to give up our ability to protect ourselves?

VOR

“I rule.”

Newport News, VA

#25 Jun 12, 2008
SwamiPoobah wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered hanging yourself?
I'm sure you have. You're obviously an outcast. You have no friends. You're delusional. You're most likely ugly. How sad. How pathetic it must be to be you. You should really get help...help hanging yourself.
Now you're out of control. Expect a ban.

“Boldly going nowhere...”

Since: Oct 07

Newport News, VA

#26 Jun 12, 2008
SwamiPoobah wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you considered hanging yourself?
I'm sure you have. You're obviously an outcast. You have no friends. You're delusional. You're most likely ugly. How sad. How pathetic it must be to be you. You should really get help...help hanging yourself.
OK now that is taking it way too far. You need to slow your roll, now...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min Reality Check 1,508,472
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Raymond 63,546
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,066
Navy Dr wife leaked pics/vids 13 hr phuckyu 14
News Owner of York County pipe/tobacco lounge arrest... (Nov '13) Thu Martin garey 17
James Freel? Mar 19 CuriousKitty 1
News How the U.S. mission in Syria has evolved and c... Mar 18 Texxy 1

Norfolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages