Va.'s Pamunkey tribe seeks federal re...

Va.'s Pamunkey tribe seeks federal recognition - wtvr

There are 28 comments on the WTVR story from Oct 25, 2010, titled Va.'s Pamunkey tribe seeks federal recognition - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

RICHMOND, Va. - Pamunkey leaders are asking for federal recognition that, if granted, could clear the way for members of the American Indian tribe to receive government benefits in education, housing and medical care.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LaComodin

Richmond, VA

#1 Oct 25, 2010
are any of these tribes seminoles?????? la tierra es nuestras!!!! arco de iris MULATTOES RULE FOOLS!!!!!
kc1861usa

Midlothian, VA

#2 Oct 25, 2010
Maybe this will help give back some of what the white man did to the American indian.

“Veritas parit odum....”

Since: Oct 10

Richmond, VA

#3 Oct 25, 2010
The war for territory that this country pushed on its indigenous peoples is deplorable!
Mort

Mechanicsville, VA

#4 Oct 25, 2010
Charles Groves wrote:
The war for territory that this country pushed on its indigenous peoples is deplorable!
if we would'nt have taken over America would'nt exist.give them it.the indians deserve it more than anybody.

“Veritas parit odum....”

Since: Oct 10

Richmond, VA

#5 Oct 25, 2010
Mort wrote:
<quoted text>if we would'nt have taken over America would'nt exist.give them it.the indians deserve it more than anybody.
Of course they do! I like the Canadian approach much better myself. There is just more respect there.
Jason Harlow

Quinton, VA

#6 Oct 25, 2010
The Chief of the Pamunkey is Kevin Brown.
Jason Harlow

Quinton, VA

#7 Oct 25, 2010
LaComodin wrote:
are any of these tribes seminoles?????? la tierra es nuestras!!!! arco de iris MULATTOES RULE FOOLS!!!!!
These Tribes are Algonquin!!!
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#8 Oct 25, 2010
kc1861usa wrote:
Maybe this will help give back some of what the white man did to the American indian.
not american indian, rather native indian.
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#9 Oct 25, 2010
Charles Groves wrote:
they had to conquer some land, england didn't want the crooked bums
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#10 Oct 25, 2010
Mort wrote:
<quoted text>if we would'nt have taken over America would'nt exist.give them it.the indians deserve it more than anybody.
the indian could've pick the darn cotton themselves.
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#11 Oct 25, 2010
Jason Harlow wrote:
is he a half-breed passing?
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#12 Oct 25, 2010
Jason Harlow wrote:
<quoted text> These Tribes are Algonquin!!!
they've been mixed-up for so long they don't know what they are/
John

United States

#13 Oct 25, 2010
Jason Harlow wrote:
The Chief of the Pamunkey WAS Kevin Brown.
not a teahead

Cartersville, VA

#14 Oct 25, 2010
John wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chief of the Pamunkey WAS Kevin Brown.
who is the chief now, or is it a woman passing?

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#15 Oct 25, 2010
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
is he a half-breed passing?
That is about the type of comment I would expect from a deranged RACIST "Teabagging" cross dressing liar like you nothead.

Some things never change.
mr1776va

AOL

#16 Oct 31, 2010
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
who is the chief now, or is it a woman passing?
Actually, you owe your life to them since these wild injuns saved your pewtooty!

Or you would not be here in the states nor would it be the states and you'd be living in some god forsaken English hut still owned by the crown heads of Europe, ha!

So be prepared to bow in the presence of these Native Americans!
Irving

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Nov 3, 2010
The white man took the country from the Indians and has given it to every other race that wants a piece of it(especially in the last 15 years). Now, the white man is on the bottom of the totem pole(myself included). If these Indians want recognition, they should have it.
history buff

Richmond, VA

#18 Nov 5, 2010
I think it's time to recognize Virginia's Native tribes like so many have been already.These people have suffered enough indignities throughout the history of our country,to deny them recognition would just be the icing on the cake.
deltagirly

AOL

#19 Nov 21, 2010
Irving wrote:
The white man took the country from the Indians and has given it to every other race that wants a piece of it(especially in the last 15 years). Now, the white man is on the bottom of the totem pole(myself included). If these Indians want recognition, they should have it.
Kudos for you!

But I haven't figured out why WASP are now on the bottom of the totem pole!!

But we can thank our government for our current situation for why WASP are sitting on the back seat of the bus!!

Every WASP out there is now unemployed while their wives are barely working, too!!
Kevin Brown

United States

#20 Jan 28, 2011
The Chief of Pamunkey is,....Kevin Brown. The assistant chief is Robert Gray, however, he is handling administrative duties now for the tribe until August.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Shrug 1,603,014
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sat Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
Florence crittendon home for unwed mothers 1950's (May '14) Sat mefor u 2
News Guantanamo data put in valentine, court told (May '07) Sat Norbert of Norview 4
Does anyone else think the yearly car inspectio... (Nov '10) Sep 18 Bill 29
Moving to Norfolk next month...what areas we sh... (Nov '10) Sep 16 Harold Ghent 18
Review: DRS Fantom Works (Jul '13) Sep 2 Junior56MI 119

Norfolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages