Fatal accident in Virginia Beach leav...

Fatal accident in Virginia Beach leaves 1 dead

There are 37 comments on the WTKR story from May 17, 2010, titled Fatal accident in Virginia Beach leaves 1 dead. In it, WTKR reports that:

Virginia Beach A- A Virginia Beach woman died early this afternoon after being ejected from a vehicle as a result of a motor vehicle accident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rich dearth

Chesapeake, VA

#1 May 17, 2010
when are people going to learn to wear seat belts. most of the fatalities in traffic accidents lately could have been prevented by a seat belt, since the majority of those people were ejected from a vehicle.
Bettbzie

Tangier, VA

#2 May 17, 2010
i agree Rich dearth..that is something i talk about all the time I get sick of reading at the end of an article died because didnt wear seatbelt....If people are going to drive so fast why not at least have on a seatbelt.That is just awful i know the section..My pet peeves ..people on cell phones on two way head on roads, texing, no seatbelts.Parents when you give your kids these fancy cars remind them to wear seat belts. May they RIP
Anonymous

Providence, RI

#3 May 17, 2010
When are people also going to learn to not lose control of their vehicle? Always be in control of your vehicle, such as GOING THE SPEED LIMIT and not drinking. Weather did not play a factor, thus leaving the situation entirely in the hands of the driver who was spinning across four lanes! Gee, it's easy to blame the person not wearing the seat belt, however the situation would've never occurred if you take the idiot behind the wheel out of the equation who caused the entire accident! A vehicle is a weapon and some people do not understand that.
Julie D

Chesapeake, VA

#4 May 17, 2010
My deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Ms. Klos. The loss of a young woman just beginning her adult life is always a tragedy, regardless of the cause.
Anonymous

Providence, RI

#5 May 18, 2010
rich dearth, and bettbzie...maybe you should think about family members of sarah, like myself...before you start running your mouth blaming people. This was NOT her fault, even if she wasn't wearing a seatbelt!!! She was my 20 yr old cousin she was too young to die, just starting her life. Don't point fingers, especially when theres a death. be considerate of family members that are going to be reading this.
cheniecm

Norfolk, VA

#6 May 18, 2010
I see this everyday going to work people coming onto the highway @ speeds that are unbelivable not looking to see what is comng the other way. And God for bid if you're in their way . my sympathy to her family and I hope the driver gets more than a slap on the wrist
Eezudizit

Norfolk, VA

#7 May 18, 2010
You do not know the circumstances of this accident, yet you are quick with your judgement. The only reality of this situation is that two families have been damaged, one of them irreparably. Two ounces of compassion cost you nothing and gets you a lot more than your negative criticism.
Bettbzie

Tangier, VA

#8 May 18, 2010
Of course i feel for the family just saying wear seatbelts..My Sympathy to he family for their lost..
VB NATIVE

United States

#9 May 18, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
When are people also going to learn to not lose control of their vehicle? Always be in control of your vehicle, such as GOING THE SPEED LIMIT and not drinking. Weather did not play a factor, thus leaving the situation entirely in the hands of the driver who was spinning across four lanes! Gee, it's easy to blame the person not wearing the seat belt, however the situation would've never occurred if you take the idiot behind the wheel out of the equation who caused the entire accident! A vehicle is a weapon and some people do not understand that.
I am very sorry for your family's loss. This is a horrible tragedy. Although I do not know the details of the accident (because this is how the media wants it to be) I really find it hard to understand how the weather could not be a factor? There are going to be many unanswered questions from readers and you will come across various opinions and questions. In the end no matter whose fault it actually is families have been devistated and the reality is a seat belt and a more cautious driver could have prevented all of it. Again I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy during this difficult time.
sarahs family

Warwick, RI

#10 May 18, 2010
people just need to learn to drive period i hope the woman who is responsible understands what she did to our family n adams family im still in shock and hope she pays for the rest of her life!!!
kim

Norfolk, VA

#11 May 18, 2010
Again another idiot driver on the road.....now she has cost a life...oh but poor her..it's not her fault...get real people...driving these roads around this area is scary, very scary..people on your bumper..yaping on there phones..reading, yes the young women who passed did't have a seat belt on and that might have saved her, I should know I was ejected from a truck about two years ago for not wearing my seat belt, I still suffer today from that....but again look at all the idiot drivers on the road today when your driving home and see how many you can count doing retarded things...how safe are you?
Dont worry about it

Moyock, NC

#12 May 18, 2010
How dare either of you make a comment about her not wearing a seatbelt. No one could have anticipated this. The fact that both of you idiots would even SAY OR THINK something like that right off the bat INFURIATES me. Adam and Sarah are both good friends of mine, and it shows your true colors that you are more worried about saying something like that BEFORE even offering your condolences. If this were your friend, wife, or even child, would those words have been the first thing to come out of your mouth? Get a life.
kim

Norfolk, VA

#13 May 18, 2010
Dont worry about it wrote:
How dare either of you make a comment about her not wearing a seatbelt. No one could have anticipated this. The fact that both of you idiots would even SAY OR THINK something like that right off the bat INFURIATES me. Adam and Sarah are both good friends of mine, and it shows your true colors that you are more worried about saying something like that BEFORE even offering your condolences. If this were your friend, wife, or even child, would those words have been the first thing to come out of your mouth? Get a life.
I truly do feel for Sarah..it's the idiot driver who cause the accident that I am talking about. I hope she get's life....God bless your loved ones
JORDAN

Virginia Beach, VA

#14 May 18, 2010
sarahs family wrote:
people just need to learn to drive period i hope the woman who is responsible understands what she did to our family n adams family im still in shock and hope she pays for the rest of her life!!!
My prayers and thoughts went out all day to her and her family , it happend only one car in front of me..I believe Donesha should get the maximum sentence for her driving.
Christy

Moyock, NC

#15 May 18, 2010
Prayers with the family. Sorry for your loss.
Friend

Chesapeake, VA

#16 May 18, 2010
Seriously? That shows what kind of person you two are, so quick to judge. And they were not "kids" my dear. They were a very happily married couple and Adam is serving for OUR country in the Navy. Show some sympathy! We love you Sarah!
Bob Staunton

United States

#17 May 18, 2010
Reading a few paragraphs and watching a video does not give anyone enough information to come to any real conclusions, even though, there are always a few no it all's who feel the need to impress others with their 75 point IQ. I am not the smartest man in he world yet I know the real story is with the loss of life and how quickly it can all be taken from you or a loved one. My prayers are with the family.
GetAGrip

Norfolk, VA

#18 May 18, 2010
Ya'll are fighting over people dying? Accidents happen, it's part of life. Whether or not they could have been prevented is irrelevant now.

I don't think Rich and Bett were trying to offend anyone, they were simply stating facts, which are true. Maybe you didn't read it right or maybe they announced there thoughts a bit differently than you want but don't hate on them for that, they obviously didn't mean any harm!

If you all don't stop pointing your fingers and blaming everyone or eachother, then you're never going to get passed this.

This is exactly why communities out here don't come together, everyone is too busy fighting, judging, and being a victim. Be real people! Spend your time and energy with the ones you love, not fighting on WTKR!
Eezyduzit

Norfolk, VA

#19 May 18, 2010
GetAGrip wrote:
Ya'll are fighting over people dying? Accidents happen, it's part of life. Whether or not they could have been prevented is irrelevant now.
I don't think Rich and Bett were trying to offend anyone, they were simply stating facts, which are true. Maybe you didn't read it right or maybe they announced there thoughts a bit differently than you want but don't hate on them for that, they obviously didn't mean any harm!
If you all don't stop pointing your fingers and blaming everyone or eachother, then you're never going to get passed this.
This is exactly why communities out here don't come together, everyone is too busy fighting, judging, and being a victim. Be real people! Spend your time and energy with the ones you love, not fighting on WTKR!
There was nothing in the article regarding whether seatbelts were in use. And it is horribly offensive of them to start a string pointing the finger at the victim for the assumed lack of a seatbelt. If they don't want to harm people they should think before they write what pops into their head and consider the impact of their statements.
Bettbzie

Tangier, VA

#20 May 18, 2010
I agree with KIM..it's scary on these roads..people drive so fast on Holland rd., independence blvd., va. bch blvd. Yapping on cell phones, texing, eating, putting on makeup.I'm sorry for all involved ..such a young life gone.This is just a good format to make comments.me not being mean .I agree with Eezyduzit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,156
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Gunner 1,396,233
News Top leader of the Bounty Hunter Bloods gets 19 ... (Oct '08) 15 hr Oyg Turnt 49
News state inspections: unecessary repairs, report a... (May '10) 19 hr Sally 48
News Libraries' free books, computers pull in patron... (Mar '09) Jun 27 martin garey 29
News Overton, judge who oversaw Iverson's trial, dies (Jan '08) Jun 27 Pchq 37
News Miss Greater Richmond wins Miss Virginia Jun 26 Rb RECORDS 1

Norfolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages