Breaking News: 16-year-old male shot ...

Breaking News: 16-year-old male shot in Chesapeake

There are 27 comments on the WTKR story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Breaking News: 16-year-old male shot in Chesapeake. In it, WTKR reports that:

At approximately 8:00 p.m., Chesapeake Police responded to the 400 block of Cobblewood Arch for a shooting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rev Al Sharpton

United States

#1 Jul 22, 2010
Hope and Change that we can believe in.
Fiery Angel of God

Virginia Beach, VA

#3 Jul 22, 2010
Rev Al Sharpton wrote:
Hope and Change that we can believe in.
Because of your 'boy' we can only HOPE we'll have CHANGE in our pockets.
jim

Hampton, VA

#5 Jul 23, 2010
It's still early, play nice kids.
Spike

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Jul 23, 2010
Still need more info, I know the area of Dominion and GB Blvd, don't much like it.
Concerned

Chesapeake, VA

#7 Jul 23, 2010
Unless you know the circumstances surrounding the incident you should not be so quick to judge. Maybe there should be more empathy for a family who is dealing with their worst fears. God be with the young man.
Spike

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Jul 23, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Unless you know the circumstances surrounding the incident you should not be so quick to judge. Maybe there should be more empathy for a family who is dealing with their worst fears. God be with the young man.
Ok, somebody got shot, please give me the "circustances" that justify that. I do feel for the family, but why was the kid in a place that this could happen in the first place?

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#9 Jul 23, 2010
Concerned wrote:
Well, we can assume that a gun was not just lying around and all of the sudden discharged trying to kill a human. Perhaps I jump to a conclusion that it was another human that had total disregard for human life that held the gun and fired the gun with the intent to kill another human. The problem (among many) is that kids today think they are on a Playstation and can just hit reset. TVs and Playstations are the parents of today. Perhaps the parent(s) of the shot kid should have guided them on who to hang out with and who not to hang out with.
tlmo

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Jul 23, 2010
WTKR needs a local geography lesson. The areas where both shootings happened are NOT in Great Bridge! Yes, one happened on Great Bridge Blvd but on the opposite end of what is concidered Great Bridge. The area's Proper name would be Crestwood or Grassfield, but I guess saying they occured in Great Bridge sounds more sensational.
DONT GO THERE

Hampton, VA

#11 Jul 23, 2010
NOT AGAIN , SAY IT AINT SO . IT"S A EVERYDAY THING IN THE HOOD . THEY MUST LIKE TO SEE RED BLOOD TRICKLE DOWN ON A BLACK MANS SKIN .
HardTarget

Franklin, VA

#12 Jul 23, 2010
Not typical black behavior, typical n@##$% behavior. I would hope decent blacks would not include themselves in this group of low lives. In my experience blacks hate n's as much as n's hate blacks.
For You

Chesapeake, VA

#13 Jul 23, 2010
Its sad that these poor choices were made, but karma is real, n for every action there is a reaction...

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#14 Jul 23, 2010
For You wrote:
Its sad that these poor choices were made, but karma is real, n for every action there is a reaction...
Karma for the parents no doubt.
serious

Chesapeake, VA

#15 Jul 23, 2010
javon lindsey was shot last night in his head in the middle of his front yard for those of yall that didnt know him dont talk about him... he is dead now so if you dont have anything good to say then dont say anything
SECTION 8 SUX

Virginia Beach, VA

#16 Jul 23, 2010
Again, Violence is in the blood!
pleasenty

Chesapeake, VA

#18 Jul 23, 2010
tlmo wrote:
WTKR needs a local geography lesson. The areas where both shootings happened are NOT in Great Bridge! Yes, one happened on Great Bridge Blvd but on the opposite end of what is concidered Great Bridge. The area's Proper name would be Crestwood or Grassfield, but I guess saying they occured in Great Bridge sounds more sensational.
Does it really matter? We are talking about the loss of a human life (a brother, a son and a friend) and all you can talk about is geography? BTW maybe YOU need a spelling lesson as I'm sure what you meant was CONSIDERED Great Bridge.
Neighbor on Cobblewood

Chesapeake, VA

#19 Jul 23, 2010
I think it's pretty sad that people are going to tear apart this incident down to details of where great bridge is located and all the other stupid crap people say....who cares...the point of the matter is A CHILD was a victim of a shooting...it was an accident so I can only imagine how his family feels. Shame on you for being concerned with geography....thats apparently more important than a CHILD losing his life....BLACK, WHITE, PURPLE, OR GREEN IT IS STILL A HUMAN BEING JERKS!
Neighbor on Cobblewood

Chesapeake, VA

#20 Jul 23, 2010
WHAT IS WITH THE RACE CRAP????? SOOOOO WHAT???? IM WHITE AND I SURE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO FILL THE WORLD WITH THAN ASSUME BLACK PEOPLE SHOOT EACHOTHER ALL THE TIME....GET OVER IT...RACISM IS OUT OF STYLE..IF YOU HAVENT FORGOT...IT WENT OUT IN LIKE THE 60'S :)
RE Serious

Charlotte, NC

#21 Jul 23, 2010
Try to forgive these some of these ridiculous comments. The loss of a life is always sad no matter what the "circumstances"
Dooooce

Chesapeake, VA

#23 Jul 23, 2010
Neighbor on Cobblewood wrote:
WHAT IS WITH THE RACE CRAP????? SOOOOO WHAT???? IM WHITE AND I SURE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO FILL THE WORLD WITH THAN ASSUME BLACK PEOPLE SHOOT EACHOTHER ALL THE TIME....GET OVER IT...RACISM IS OUT OF STYLE..IF YOU HAVENT FORGOT...IT WENT OUT IN LIKE THE 60'S :)
This is not about race

I do not have any inside information about the race of these young men, but I would be willing to bet that BOTH of them were born out of wedlock
chesapeake

Chesapeake, VA

#24 Jul 23, 2010
my heart goes out to both familes people talkn stupied out here. if it was one of your family members you would look at it differently stop the racis out here we all created equal not by the color of our skin get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 54 min disastermaster 1,277,682
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr jimi-yank 54,578
News Hampton officer assaulted trying to arrest man ... Tue Call sign 3
News Meet Virginia's Rising RBLE Crew: Ced Hughes, A... Tue Wayne 1
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) Aug 31 Martin garey 10
News Williamsburg man charged in sexual assault in B... (Jan '10) Aug 27 Martin garey 11
News Inmate dies at Central State Hospital in Va - wtvr (Mar '10) Aug 26 Smarter than you 103
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages