On Track: More Virginians ride the rails

On Track: More Virginians ride the rails

There are 2 comments on the Journal Messenger story from Jun 16, 2012, titled On Track: More Virginians ride the rails. In it, Journal Messenger reports that:

I am so proud of the people of Virginia who ride passenger rail in record numbers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal Messenger.

TrainManDan

Washington, DC

#1 Jun 19, 2012
Since Amtrak extended its Northeast Regional trains to Lynchburg,VA, Amtrak passenger ridership and the connecting bus service from VA Tech/Blacksburg and Roanoke, www.smartwaybus.com , has skyrocketed in Virginia. In addition, other rail services, such as the Virginia Railway Express (VRE), which carries passengers from Manassas and Fredericksburg, VA, to Washington DC has increased dramatically.
reality bites

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jun 24, 2012
No more rails for me. I started back flying again just felt way out of place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min russianrepukes 1,642,884
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Dudley 64,131
News Brazil Carnival queen who broke nudity rule wil... (Feb '09) 2 hr weapon X 16
News Va 6-year-old takes family car after missing bus (Jan '09) 10 hr megadeth1a 28
Review: Councill Realty & Management (Jun '11) Mon Positive thoughts 13
Does anyone else think the yearly car inspectio... (Nov '10) Nov 18 Josh hankins 30
ODU Night Life, where is it now? (Jun '07) Nov 18 kaz148 3

Norfolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages