Casualties of war

Casualties of war

There are 1 comment on the World Magazine story from May 17, 2013, titled Casualties of war. In it, World Magazine reports that:

Don Lipstein heard those words from his daughter-in-law on the phone as he left work on March 15, 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at World Magazine.

Since: Mar 13

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 May 17, 2013
Politicians (both parties) claim they "support troups" but first cuts in budget are always to military. Then troops hear while serving that their own politicians are calling them "equivalent to Pol Pot" etc. When they separate/discharge they can't find jobs because of the evilness a senator has described them to be and is believed by a employer or fellow citizen. Then when veteran jobless rates skyrocket, same politician will hold hearings on why they can't get a ob. Will the employers say why? No, because same senator controls federal funds that employer may receive so we dance around answer. Then all involved pledge support and assistance...which then never gets put into budget or is cut during sequester. Retirees/other vets try to support and help, but the new military does not want us around base, galleys or VA "infecting" the new troops with our old knowledge and wisdom. This story, with a different name, ufortunately and sadly happens daily around US. Don't care which party you trust, keep voting as you do, and these stories will continue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Susanm 1,524,025
Robert E. lee (Jul '12) 18 hr loggerblogger 2
News Racist Violence in America (Aug '14) Fri Martin garey 13
News Woman rescued from river (Aug '08) Thu Tori 16
Laquinta inn miltitary highway Thu Lookin 1
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) Apr 27 Steve 2,373
Review: iLoveKickboxing- Newport News (Aug '16) Apr 27 SherryD 51

Norfolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance