Richmond Parking Tickets; pay them or a collection agency will come...

Full story: WTVR

Have you parked in the City of Richmond recently? If so, were you unlucky enough to get a parking ticket? If you said yes, you are not alone.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jo J

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

I don't get it. I moved here from California. There if you don't pay your parking tickets you can't get new stickers for your car. Tickets are attached to your car registration.
Fred

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

What is the big deal. If citizens fail to pay their fines in 30, 60, or 90 days, whatever the regs say, pull their license PERIOD Notify by registered mail.

Life is so simple. Why make it seem so difficult.
SirRantsAlot

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Better yet - let's get rid of the meters all together. Paid parking is nothing more than yet another method to generate revenue for the city government, which is actually counter-productive.

Parking downtown is already at a premium and it's diminishing. Downtown business revenue is knee-capped since patronage is limited by access. The city would be far better off to make parking more available. More patrons, more revenue for the city.
yardman

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

Why does Richmond have to pay another angency to do what their employees are supposed to be doing...I like pulling their licenses. I like doing away with meters. I like doing my business elsewhere. I think you need to flatten their tires instead of giving the ticket! How do you like me now? ym
Arnie

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Judged:

I think they need to take a better look into who is handing out the tickets and if they are legit or not. I work downtown and I see daily parking violations that arent really violations. I believe people are falsely accused of the violations in most cases and the only way you can fight it is to take a day off from work to attend a court hearing and then it's up to that Judge to determine if your at fault or not. I wish we didnt give children authority to ride around on scooters and hand out violations and then we wouldnt be at this point. My opininon matters and I have a voice that I would like to be heard. By the way I have had 3 violations placed on my vehichle during my 3 + years working downtown and out of the 3, 1 was my fault and the other 2 were not in which I did attended the court hearing for 1 and it was in my favor. The other violation cost me $70 bucks which wasnt my fault. Where is Mark Holmberg when you need him. This is my take I'd love to hear yours. I just love that line! Thanks Mark.:-)

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Judged:

Parking meters are just legalized gambling.....The city bets you 25 cents against 25.00 that you won't be back in 10 minutes.

Not all "violations" are committed by richmond residents and suspending licenses or tags seems to me to need cross-jourisdictional agreements. At any rate, this should be handled "in-house" and not farmed out to another agency. Can we say cost effective?
dianne

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Judged:

Another example of the Government Employees not doing what they are supposed to be doing....collecting the money is part of their job. They have off every holiday know to man and beast lets work a full week once in a while.
Fun Police

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Here are two tricks. Done them a dozen times before I moved to a place where there are no parking meters.

1. Parking meter? No change? Not enough change? Take a matchbook cover, tear off a part, fold it up, jam it in, follow it with a dime that partially sticks out. Leave a note that says, "Jammed. Please fix me." No ticket!

2. Forget to pay your ticket? Get a bill a few months later for 4x the original fine? Send back a money order for the original fine. You'll never get a balance for the remainder and it will be taken off your record. They don't care what they get as long as they get something.

Bing! Bang! Done.
Igor

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

yardman wrote:
Why does Richmond have to pay another angency to do what their employees are supposed to be doing...I like pulling their licenses. I like doing away with meters. I like doing my business elsewhere. I think you need to flatten their tires instead of giving the ticket! How do you like me now? ym
I told ya'll to watch out for the dangerous yardmen --they are nothing but poison ivy!
Fun Fireman

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Fun Police wrote:
Here are two tricks. Done them a dozen times before I moved to a place where there are no parking meters.
1. Parking meter? No change? Not enough change? Take a matchbook cover, tear off a part, fold it up, jam it in, follow it with a dime that partially sticks out. Leave a note that says, "Jammed. Please fix me." No ticket!
2. Forget to pay your ticket? Get a bill a few months later for 4x the original fine? Send back a money order for the original fine. You'll never get a balance for the remainder and it will be taken off your record. They don't care what they get as long as they get something.
Bing! Bang! Done.
Please give us your plate #. What you are doing is illegal. We will let the Lawn Workers get you. Beware you have been warned!!!
Emily

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Fun Police wrote:
Bing! Bang! Done.
So where did you say you live??
Bella

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2010

Judged:

yardman wrote:
You sound like a bad yardman! The best yardmen are from Earthscapers--They are an American owned and operated company that does quality work. They are also kind and respectable.

Thank you for being nice to me Earthscapers!!!! I pray that God rewards you!!
Bugeye

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

Judged:

SirRantsAlot wrote:
Better yet - let's get rid of the meters all together. Paid parking is nothing more than yet another method to generate revenue for the city government, which is actually counter-productive.
Parking downtown is already at a premium and it's diminishing. Downtown business revenue is knee-capped since patronage is limited by access. The city would be far better off to make parking more available. More patrons, more revenue for the city.
turn gilpin into a parking lot.

Since: Feb 10

Chesterfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

Bugeye wrote:
<quoted text>turn gilpin into a parking lot.
Why? Nothing over there anyone would want to visit or shop at.
earthscapers

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2010

Bella wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a bad yardman! The best yardmen are from Earthscapers--They are an American owned and operated company that does quality work. They are also kind and respectable.
Thank you for being nice to me Earthscapers!!!! I pray that God rewards you!!
I dont know who you are by just seeing your name as bella, but thankyou for your comment and have a merry christmas.
Boop

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Jo J wrote:
I don't get it. I moved here from California. There if you don't pay your parking tickets you can't get new stickers for your car. Tickets are attached to your car registration.
THEY DO THAT HERE TOO. IT IS ALSO ATTACHED TO YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE RENEWAL.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Old news.

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

new hammer time wrote:
Old news.
No-show likes old news.

nothead Mug Shot aka Glen Allen clone, aka hammer time, aka son of thunder, aka new hammer time, aka term limits, aka hammer t.....

Jamyce K. Vinson,
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2011/mar/0... ...

You are too dumb to learn, too stupid to pity nothead.

For anyone that wants the RTD web link:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2011/mar/0...
Or take the poll about what is wrong with nothead:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/richmond-va/T...
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

Judged:

va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
No-show likes old news.
nothead Mug Shot aka Glen Allen clone, aka hammer time, aka son of thunder, aka new hammer time, aka term limits, aka hammer t.....
Jamyce K. Vinson,
Old news and fake downloadable pics of some photo-shopped woman.

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
Old news and fake downloadable pics of some photo-shopped woman.
LOL Still waiting for you to explain how I "photo-shopped" your mug-shot onto the Richmond Times Dispatch web site nothead.

As always, you are too dumb to learn, too stupid to pity nothead.

The coward didn’t show at McGuire VA hospital today as we all knew she wouldn’t.

Cowards always back down.

LOL Your lies just get bigger all the time nothead.

I doubt anyone but you would be stupid enough to believe the Richmond Times Dispatch website would have a virus on it.

I will keep posting your arrest photo that was published by the paper.

Better yet, I will provide the information so anyone can google you and see it for themselves.

Jamyce K. Vinson, arrested in Henrico Virginia. aka nothead, aka hammer time, aka son of thunder on Topix.

All the same deranged racist moron! Google her yourself.

Jamyce K. Vinson,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Watch for Norfolk County was issued at July 10 at 7:29PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Norfolk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Norfolk People Search