5 people between ages 16 and 22 killed in head-on crash on Utah mou...

Full story: WTVR

Five people have been killed in a head-on collision on a mountain highway in northern Utah.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 26, 2010
 

Judged:

1

There were only 4 victims. Timothy Arguello caused their deaths.

I guess Tim was in a hurry and the 'NO PASSING ZONE" didn't app;y to him.

Wonder how Tim would explain his stupidity to the parents of the other 4 kids he KILLED by his careless action had he lived.

Wake up people, these road signs are there for a reason. Just like the seat belts.

The reason is SO YOU DON'T DIE LIKE THESE 5 KIDS!

What a waste.
annette

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 27, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why point ur fingers at him ! My hell have respect ! No ones perfect I'm pretty sure you have made bad choices as he did ! My hell people let it go with your sarcasim already there gone ! Let the family mourn in peace without your rude comments !! They were good kids no matter wtf u think of him ! Rest in peace Fealina ill always remember ur beautiful smile and what u would alway say "sweetie " everytime I seen u ! And for you to timothy "tj" rest in peace all you guys. Sleep with the angels ! And for all u rude people remember this ! Only god can judge them ! Sure in the heck not u ! I'm not sayin not to wear seat belts but have you seen the pictures no seatbelt would have saved them ! Anyways ! Ur not worth discusing any thing with ! Rest in peace kids your in our hearts and memories

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 27, 2010
 

Judged:

1

annette wrote:
Why point ur fingers at him ! My hell have respect ! No ones perfect I'm pretty sure you have made bad choices as he did ! My hell people let it go with your sarcasim already there gone ! Let the family mourn in peace without your rude comments !! They were good kids no matter **** u think of him ! Rest in peace Fealina ill always remember ur beautiful smile and what u would alway say "sweetie " everytime I seen u ! And for you to timothy "tj" rest in peace all you guys. Sleep with the angels ! And for all u rude people remember this ! Only god can judge them ! Sure in the heck not u ! I'm not sayin not to wear seat belts but have you seen the pictures no seatbelt would have saved them ! Anyways ! Ur not worth discusing any thing with ! Rest in peace kids your in our hearts and memories
How can anyone NOT think of him or why he tried to pass in a no passing zone? How about why none of them were wearing seat belts?

It is not judgment to state facts. My condolences go to the families, but my questions still stand. This should be a wake up call to all parents to talk to their children so as to avoid the pain these families are now experiencing.
classylady

Troy, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 27, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

It is always the same thing which is va_tazdad is so cold and heartless. Your heart is made up of stone. I don't know is it because you had noone to love you is the reason you act the way you do. Don't reply back with another one of your silly comment because it only going to prove my point which is that calling you heartless is a understatement.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 27, 2010
 

Judged:

1

classylady wrote:
It is always the same thing which is va_tazdad is so cold and heartless. Your heart is made up of stone. I don't know is it because you had noone to love you is the reason you act the way you do. Don't reply back with another one of your silly comment because it only going to prove my point which is that calling you heartless is a understatement.
Heartless, no, just aggravated at the useless unnecessary death of 5 people because one of them felt the law didn't apply to him.

Add to that the fact that none of the 5 were smart enough to wear a seat belt.

And then there are idiots like you that think it is ok for them to make "mistakes", when they are in fact breaking the laws established for their safety.

Yes, I have compassion for the families they have harmed. For idiots like you "classylady" I have nothing but disdain.

Idiots like you are willing to allow our youth to continually screw up the simplest things like WEARING SEAT BELTS.

Have you ever seen what it looks like when a body has exited a car via the windshield? Have you ever seen the families at the hospital waiting to be told their child died? NO I doubt you have. You are not qualified for jobs like that.

You are not intelligent enough to pass the exams required to work in law enforcement.

Same as you are not classy or a lady. You are just another uneducated bleeding heart liberal moron too ignorant to speak or write proper English, but spew like you know everything.

Talk to your children people. Automobile "accidents" kill more children than anything else in this country.

like they have been trying to tell you for 50 years, SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES!

enigma

Kaysville, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 28, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Va, you could not possibly be more callous right now. Think of the families that just lost loved ones. Think of TIM's family. Do you really think they want to hear that their recently departed loved one is stupid, or the cause of the other deaths.

It really doesn't matter what you think, you're obviously allowed to hold your own opinion. But to say such blatantly hurtful things is absolutely one of the most cruel things I've ever seen.

I assume that since you insult other posters for not having the "intelligence" for law enforcement, you ARE in law enforcement. Do you have to go through any kind of sensitivity training? Apparently not, or you would have failed miserably.

For all you know, "classylady" WAS family. Your opinion of her doesn't change her grief.

And as was already said, SEATBELTS WOULD NOT HAVE SAVED THEM. One girl was decapitated. I'm not saying that seatbelts shouldn't be required, or that you shouldn't wear them, but to bring them up in this case is absolutely ridiculous.

And I'm sorry, dear, but everyone breaks a law on the road every once in a while. Yes, he shouldn't have done it, but it's done and there's nothing we can do except help the families get through the tragic loss. Which you are doing a horrible job of, by the way.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 28, 2010
 
enigma wrote:
Va, you could not possibly be more callous right now. Think of the families that just lost loved ones. Think of TIM's family. Do you really think they want to hear that their recently departed loved one is stupid, or the cause of the other deaths.
It really doesn't matter what you think, you're obviously allowed to hold your own opinion. But to say such blatantly hurtful things is absolutely one of the most cruel things I've ever seen.
I assume that since you insult other posters for not having the "intelligence" for law enforcement, you ARE in law enforcement. Do you have to go through any kind of sensitivity training? Apparently not, or you would have failed miserably.
For all you know, "classylady" WAS family. Your opinion of her doesn't change her grief.
And as was already said, SEATBELTS WOULD NOT HAVE SAVED THEM. One girl was decapitated. I'm not saying that seatbelts shouldn't be required, or that you shouldn't wear them, but to bring them up in this case is absolutely ridiculous.
And I'm sorry, dear, but everyone breaks a law on the road every once in a while. Yes, he shouldn't have done it, but it's done and there's nothing we can do except help the families get through the tragic loss. Which you are doing a horrible job of, by the way.
I am sorry if the truth hurts. As I said previously, my condolences go to the families of the victims.

That however does not change the facts. The article clearly stated that none of the 5 wore seat belts. It also stated that Tim attempted to pass in a No Passing zone. Too many times young people are pulled out of cars that are totaled because they "made a mistake".

Americans accept this far too easy.
Just Me

Magna, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 30, 2010
 

Judged:

1

A lot of comments based on news stories. Yes this was a tremendous tragedy. I know, I was there and watched the accident site clean up for 5 hours from my home on the corner.

First off, there were 5 people in the car. Seat belts would not have saved anyone, so that is issue is irrelevant in this case.

Witnesses on the road further up the valley reported the car and their friends racing, passing them at a high rate of speed, in excess of the posted 50 mph.

The no passing corner is no passing because it is a "blind" corner. The corner speed is posted as 40 mph for a reason, you know this little yellow signs that everyone believes are for semis. This corner sees an accident every year, but none so devastating. None I recall involving death, let alone a car crushed so severely that is was unrecognizable from the passenger seats forward.

This was not an accident, it happened as a result of severe reckless driving. The families were at the site of the accident just hours later for news interviews, newspaper interviews daily, fund raisers, etc, and the funerals are not yet done. Many of the kids in the other car and family members, including parents, have been seen, heard, or working fund raisers the same day.

No one has mentioned the tragedy of the couple in the truck with their baby. Thank God they were wearing seat belts, now they can dream the rest of their lives of looking down into the car that just ran under them, directly head on at very high speeds. From where they were sitting, they had the best view of the mangled carnage of those kids. Are they not victims?

The memories of that accident will be with me for the rest of my life. What must it be like to look down into that car seconds after it happened? Their lives have been changed as well. They lived, no thanks to the obvious disregard of the laws of the road by the driver of the Honda. People of the community here have had loved ones lost in accidents, and it was devastating to them, for days after. Too many lives have been changed, not just the families and friends of the victims in the car.

A couple days following the accident, driving down the Ogden canyon road below which is very winding, narrow, with sharp curves, I was nearly hit by a car speeding and passing in a no passing zone. The weekend preceding a car full of young adults were killed in an accident at the top of the canyon while racing their friends.

This wasn't an "accident" it was an on purpose, under the road circumstances. Two decapitated, one whose head features were indistinguishable, an arm severed, and more.

A little respect for the families? What about a little FROM the families? What about a little FOR the innocent victims in the truck?

Yes, it was terrible, the loss of those killed instantly. Yes, I feel for their families and friends. Yes, I hope they can go on with their lives someday in the future. But it seems they are going on with them just four hours following the clean up, that took 5 hours.

My condolences go to the victims in the truck, to the parents and friends who were not capable to do interviews the same day, or fundraisers two days after, and they were present at those fundraisers - don't doubt it. My condolences go to the people whose lives are changed forever - less so those who died instantly due to such negligence. They never knew what happened.

It was unconscionable to forget those who are traumatized for life, beyond the friends and family.
Unknown

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 30, 2010
 
This Really hurts, i was close with TJ he was like a big brother too me. God hates ugly, Yes TJ made a huge mistake and i know he will live thru me. My other half. This was the worst news of my life... Waking up too a phone call that my little siter, boyfriend, Cousin, &&Best friend died. We love them all they was all so happy.. But you guys shouldnt judge TJ because you dont know him. He was a GREAT person. that i will miss. Teenagers love too have fun, everyone makes mistakes NO ONE is perfect. Only if TJ knew what he did, This kills me.! You guys have NO respect yes this wreck affected alot of people but you wasnt one of them. Was you.? Walk in our shoes and know how this feels it hurts its like i went with them.. life is short, never know when it will end. Just show a little more respectt.?
R.I.P
TJ
Ness
FeFe
Todd
Karlee
i miss you guys.! thinkin of you 24/7.!

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 30, 2010
 
Unknown wrote:
This Really hurts, i was close with TJ he was like a big brother too me. God hates ugly, Yes TJ made a huge mistake and i know he will live thru me. My other half. This was the worst news of my life... Waking up too a phone call that my little siter, boyfriend, Cousin, &&Best friend died. We love them all they was all so happy.. But you guys shouldnt judge TJ because you dont know him. He was a GREAT person. that i will miss. Teenagers love too have fun, everyone makes mistakes NO ONE is perfect. Only if TJ knew what he did, This kills me.! You guys have NO respect yes this wreck affected alot of people but you wasnt one of them. Was you.? Walk in our shoes and know how this feels it hurts its like i went with them.. life is short, never know when it will end. Just show a little more respectt.?
R.I.P
TJ
Ness
FeFe
Todd
Karlee
i miss you guys.! thinkin of you 24/7.!
I have "walked in your shoes" time after time. I hope you never have to walk in mine. Informing a family member about the death of a loved one is never something anyone wants to do. Respect comes when it is warranted.

My condolences go to the families, but I also recommend they use this unfortunate incident to help spread the word so others don't have the same thing happen to them. Counseling does help after time.
JustMe

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
I have "walked in your shoes" time after time. I hope you never have to walk in mine. Informing a family member about the death of a loved one is never something anyone wants to do. Respect comes when it is warranted.
My condolences go to the families, but I also recommend they use this unfortunate incident to help spread the word so others don't have the same thing happen to them. Counseling does help after time.
Okay, so I'm new to this site, but I have to go with Taz. It is the members of law enforcement and rescue that pay a price..... over and over and over again.
You say he is cold-hearted? Trust me, it's so he can live a normal life when he gets home from work. He's not being paid to be politically correct 24/7. Don't like his comments, feel free not to read them.
Again, I'm sorry these young people have no chance at life. But some have to continue living with the results of others "mistakes" time and time and time again.
It's his ability to put aside sensitivity, and speak the facts, that keep him sane, would be my guess. I'm a proud mom to someone like Taz, well, I don't know if Taz is like MINE, but even I had to learn to put aside the sensitivity about whose mistake is going to take them away one day, either emotionally or physically. Which mistakes give them nightmares? Which mistakes do they cry over? Which mistakes make them question their sanity in the dark? And will they let me help? Nope. Still sensitive enough to protect families. THEIR OWN.
Sensitivity to this? Ever wonder why police officers have a high rate of suicide, marital problems, domestic abuse, alcohol abuse? Could it be that they were sensitive enough when they started out, and didn't know how to put it aside? Sensitive wouldn't be able to stand at the side of that car for 6 hours and retrieve the body bags at the end of the day.
I'm sorry their loved ones died stupidly and unnecessarily. But it was stupid, and the deaths unnecessary. And no, not everyone have been reckless teenagers. Not all teenagers pass at a high rate of speed on a blind corner EVERYBODY in this area knows is there. THEY knew it was there. They camp up here a lot. It was stupid! I don't care how smart he was, or how good, or how happy. It was still a stupid stupid thing to do. I too hope the families and friends take that car to schools and tell them what stupid does to the human body.
Now, who's going to apologize for and respect the grief of my grown children for cleaning up after this? And Taz... I apologize to you for the disrespect you get for the facts. Even if you are a bit blunt.
alyssa coria

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 13, 2010
 
well even if they wore seat belts they still wouldnt of of lived think!!!

love u lots nessa R.I.P. love ur lil sis ali
Brittany

Roy, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 13, 2010
 
you guys can say this stuff becuse it wasn your families.so you just say these things wat if tj was your family i doubt you would be saying all that.one of the girls lost in that accident was ma cousin her name was karlee and tj was her boyfriend.she was in tha front seat.i doubt she blames him for this accident but wat is saying all these negative things about him.its not teaching him anything.making his family and friends upset and hurt like they dont kno he made a horrible mistake.can we griev without all this negativity or wat?

REST IN PEACE KARLEE I LOVE YOU WITH ALL I HAVE
justme

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 14, 2010
 
Death can take away the ones you love, but it can never take away the memories.....

Hoping this accident will help save the lives of other young drivers. It is the only good that can come of such a tragedy.

Peace.
bo bo

Dayton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 14, 2010
 
How can anyone say seatbelts would not have saved them? Maybe the couple extra seconds for the 5 people to put them on and acknowledge the fact that driving is dangerous would have put them in a different mind set. Hmmm.....

This is such a horrible tragedy! My condolences to everyone involved....
JRS

Ogden, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 3, 2010
 
just want to say rest in peace to all 5 of the VITCIMS, and no one should put the blame on anyone, if it was my son and some one blamed him i would go CRAZY but then again there will always be that one person in this world that will.
REST IN PEACE
NESS.
mantha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'm todd lil sister the only one he has.. he died in da car reck and u ppl need to quit sayin timothy is to blamed. no one is k it was a fatal accident. if u didn't knw them then shut ur mouths. they was all good kids.. IT WAS A FATAL ACCIDENT

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 24, 2012
 
mantha wrote:
I'm todd lil sister the only one he has.. he died in da car reck and u ppl need to quit sayin timothy is to blamed. no one is k it was a fatal accident. if u didn't knw them then shut ur mouths. they was all good kids.. IT WAS A FATAL ACCIDENT
Sorry for your loss, but it was no accident.

If he or ANY of the others lived, possibly there would have been an explanation.

Maybe someone could explain why the driver chose to pass in a no passing zone. Maybe he or one of the others would like to explain why nobody was smart enough to wear seat-belts.

Again, sorry for your loss, but it was no accident.

The driver, had he survived probably would have been charged with negligent homicide among numerous other crimes.
todd salazar lil sister

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 10, 2012
 
there is an explantion for what happedn.. u guys dnt knw the story..nor do u guys know them.. an other car full of friends..passed them first so timothy tried passing.. all i knw is that my brothen the my 4 friends passed away in a FATEL ACCIDENT..i knw for a fact my brother todd wouldnt blame nobody for it... i wasnt up there when it happend bt my other brother bobby was rite behind them...

dnt speak or point the finger if u didnt knw them..u have no rite to speak on it..

i mean no disrespect..

todd lil sister...mantha

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 10, 2012
 
todd salazar lil sister wrote:
there is an explantion for what happedn.. u guys dnt knw the story..nor do u guys know them.. an other car full of friends..passed them first so timothy tried passing.. all i knw is that my brothen the my 4 friends passed away in a FATEL ACCIDENT..i knw for a fact my brother todd wouldnt blame nobody for it... i wasnt up there when it happend bt my other brother bobby was rite behind them...
dnt speak or point the finger if u didnt knw them..u have no rite to speak on it..
i mean no disrespect..
todd lil sister...mantha
Your brother might not blame anyone but then he caused the deaths.

Sorry for your loss, but there are still plenty of questions starting with why did he try to pass in a NO PASSING ZONE?

Just because another fool did it there was no reason for him to do it.

Why were none of them wearing seat belts?

Plenty of questions lots of people like the families of the victims will never get answered.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Norfolk Forum right now

Search the Norfolk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,034,295
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 43,018
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 18 hr abe 1,350
Why do blacks get everything free? (Dec '12) Fri Huh 38
POLICE NEIGHBOR HEARD, LOUD HIS HOUSE 'RICK ... Fri POLICERDUMB80920 2
Five People Shot In Gilpin Court - wtvr (Jul '10) Fri GILPIN COURT RESIDENT 237
Outlaws Motorcycle Gang Indicted: 27 members of... (Jun '10) Apr 16 From falling creek 35
•••
•••
•••
•••

Norfolk Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Norfolk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••