Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 58822 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#30766 Jun 15, 2012
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling wrote:
Polar bears..... appear to be in it for the duration, unlikely to disappear any time soon.
...... says "steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling" who doesn't have a hi skule deegreee, doesn't have mathematics or science background, believes in one survey & NOT the following critique:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201204090004
Big Chief Tipping Point

UK

#30768 Jun 15, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
...... says "steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling" who doesn't have a hi skule deegreee, doesn't have mathematics or science background, believes in one survey & NOT the following critique:
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201204090004
looks like heap big pile of moose shit from Litesong, he one crazy injun, he no have any degree, only what he learn on reservation. Litesong thinks he get message from Big Spirit in Sky, turns out he drink bad firewater.
Big Chief Tipping Point

UK

#30769 Jun 15, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that teabaggers are called the tealiban. It portrays the levels of uneducated self-righteousness needed for people to think destroying civilization is a good thing.
& to think it only involves adding one letter!
very little thing make this injun very happy, but we know Litesong have very small brain, his momma drop him on head when she crazy drunk on hippy tablets.

Spirit of Woodstock!
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#30770 Jun 15, 2012
LoL

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#30771 Jun 15, 2012
dimlite wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that teabaggers are called the tealiban. It portrays the levels of uneducated self-righteousness needed for people to think destroying civilization is a good thing.
& to think it only involves adding one letter!
Funny how, in your own self righteous way, you don't even know how much you don't know. Talk about uneducated. I LMAO that you have no clue how much of a real idiot you are.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#30772 Jun 15, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
Funny how, in your own self righteous way, you don't even know how much you don't know. Talk about uneducated. I LMAO that you have no clue how much of a real idiot you are.
The Dunning–Kruger effect, maybe?
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#30773 Jun 15, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your entire premise is based upon there being a great conspiracy that encompasses all the respected scientific academies throughout the entire world. If that were to be true, then all is lost! I understand your thoughts in the political arena but heartily disagree that this is driving the study of climate science throughout the world.
Not at all. My entire premise is based only upon the obvious fact that there are long-standing political, social, and economic power struggles going on the world, as old as homo sapiens itself.

Surely you do not deny the truth of this?

As for " ...this is driving the study of climate science throughout the world," I have made no such assertion. I assert only that contestants engaged in the wider political and economic power struggles I refer to have seized upon certain aspects of climate science (which for purposes of this discussion I'm happy to accept is climate science pure as the driven snow, being driven quite independently by whatever drives drives any scientific endeavor) as useful rhetorical weapons to deploy in advancing their political and economic power struggle agendas.

I am aware others on this board have a different view, and feel there is reason to believe the robes of science are not so spotlessly white in this regard, and that the political/social/economic contestants I refer to, having found certain findings of climate science so useful as ammunition, have actively co-opted certain members and organs of the climate science community into spinning up more such "science" ammunition for them, to order.

But I do not have a strong view one way or the other on this question, and I choose to leave it to those others to argue.
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#30774 Jun 15, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that teabaggers are called the tealiban. It portrays the levels of uneducated self-righteousness needed for people to think destroying civilization is a good thing.
& to think it only involves adding one letter!
It might have seemed charming several years ago to talk as though you're a loon.

WHEN THOSE WHITE PEOPLE
put YOUR PEOPLE into RESERVATIONS
THEY
SAID
THEY
WERE
DOING
IT FOR THE *GREATER GOOD.*

TODAY when you HELP them PLOT STERILIZING PEOPLE in AFRICA and wherever,
it is NOT for YOUR GREATER GOOD.
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#30775 Jun 15, 2012
Cheef INTELLIGENCE-LITE should THINK about the way his FOREFATHERS look on his
LOONY
ACTIONS.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#30777 Jun 15, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. My entire premise is based only upon the obvious fact that there are long-standing political, social, and economic power struggles going on the world, as old as homo sapiens itself.
Surely you do not deny the truth of this?
As for " ...this is driving the study of climate science throughout the world," I have made no such assertion. I assert only that contestants engaged in the wider political and economic power struggles I refer to have seized upon certain aspects of climate science (which for purposes of this discussion I'm happy to accept is climate science pure as the driven snow, being driven quite independently by whatever drives drives any scientific endeavor) as useful rhetorical weapons to deploy in advancing their political and economic power struggle agendas.
I am aware others on this board have a different view, and feel there is reason to believe the robes of science are not so spotlessly white in this regard, and that the political/social/economic contestants I refer to, having found certain findings of climate science so useful as ammunition, have actively co-opted certain members and organs of the climate science community into spinning up more such "science" ammunition for them, to order.
But I do not have a strong view one way or the other on this question, and I choose to leave it to those others to argue.
"Not at all. My entire premise is based only upon the obvious fact that there are long-standing political, social, and economic power struggles going on the world, as old as homo sapiens itself."

Of course, this is the human condition. Exactly how is this a good argument that the science of global warming is wrong.

"I am aware others on this board have a different view, and feel there is reason to believe the robes of science are not so spotlessly white in this regard, and that the political/social/economic contestants I refer to, having found certain findings of climate science so useful as ammunition, have actively co-opted certain members and organs of the climate science community into spinning up more such "science" ammunition for them, to order."

That still reeks of conspiracy. When the actual findings of science are used to support a position, it, of course is much better than those who reject the findings to support an agenda.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#30778 Jun 15, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, this is the human condition. Exactly how is this a good argument that the science of global warming is wrong.
You keep trying to argue a point I've quite clearly and repeatedly said I take no issue with. So take that up with someone else who cares, please.

I've quite happily conceded that for purposes of argument "the science of global warming is right," as far as I'm concerned - so long as we remain within the proper sphere of scientific inquiry.

I'm merely saying that's at most just marginally relevant and pretty much useless in resolving the real issues, which are political, economic, and social ones.
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
That still reeks of conspiracy.
Blow your nose and get over it, then, is all I can suggest.

If what I've posted 'reeks of consiracy' to you, then everything must.
SpaceBlues

Angleton, TX

#30779 Jun 15, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
..
I'm merely saying that's at most just marginally relevant and pretty much useless in resolving the real issues, which are political, economic, and social ones..
OK.

Even a welder, not you, is in this forum to run down science and scientists to the ground. He hates them until the stomach turns.

Why is he into hatred?? Why does he think he can negate science and scientists by posting senseless blogs??
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#30780 Jun 15, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>OK.
Even a welder, not you, is in this forum to run down science and scientists to the ground. He hates them until the stomach turns.
Why is he into hatred?? Why does he think he can negate science and scientists by posting senseless blogs??
WHY DID YOU BELIEVE FOR YEARS, THAT M.A.G.I.C.A.L. TREEMOMITURS and MAGICAL HOCKEY STICKS

had CYFERED the END of CIVILIZATION if BALMY WEATHER broke out?

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#30781 Jun 15, 2012
Voters don't support the BIG GREEN FEAR MACHINE.

Former believers rule!
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#30782 Jun 15, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer I suggest lies in remaining open to the possibility ..
I am open to any credible possibility. That is because I understand how science works. But you have not shown any evidence or data. You have just promoted 'conspiracy theory' and doubt. The tools of the scammer and fraud artist.
IAmDigitap

Los Angeles, CA

#30783 Jun 15, 2012
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I am open to any credible possibility. That is because I understand how science works. But you have not shown any evidence or data. You have just promoted 'conspiracy theory' and doubt. The tools of the scammer and fraud artist.
ACTUALLY, the TOOLS of the SCAMMER and FRAUD, are IN USE by MICHAEL MANN, the CHARLATAN of STATISTICS.

WHY don't YOU or ANYONE YOU KNOW grasp that trees aren't heat sensors? WHY don't YOU or ANYONE YOU KNOW GRASP that

MICHAEL MANN'S M.A.N.Y. ATTEMPTS at FLOATING HOCKEY STICK MATH to INTERPRET

M.A.G.I.C.A.L. T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R. DATA have A.L.L. been shot down as NOT EVEN BEING R.E.A.L.
M.A.T.H.E.M.A.T.I.C.S.

Your PRESIDENT, Al Gore, HAS MADE a MOCKERY of YOU by SCAMMING
B.I.L.L.I.O.N.S. upon M.I.L.L.I.O.N.S.

Your Dr.s MANN, JONES, BRIFFA, and about 40 others HAVE ALL BEEN CAUGHT FURIOUSLY CYFERING DUUMZDAY

with MATH that's NOT REAL.

WHY COULDN'T YOU TELL THE MATH ISN'T REAL?

WHY COULDN'T YOU TELL THE T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R.S. ARENT REAL?

Until you answer those questions on EVERY SINGLE PAGE of this blog, YOU'RE JUST TYPING for PRACTICE.

LoL.
http://noconsensus.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/t...

http://motls.blogspot.ca/2008/09/jeff-id-cher...

http://rankexploits.com/musings/2009/tricking...

And THESE are only the words ***OF the A.M.A.T.E.U.R.S.***
LMFAO!

MANN'S O.W.N. COLLEAGUES are seen SNEERING at MANN'S LOUSY WORK and saying "I RAN MIKE'S WORK about a THOUSAND TIMES: IT KEPT COMING BACK HOCKEY STICKS FROM CALIBRATION DATA. I GUESS THAT'S WHAT McIntyre WAS talking about."

You H.I.C.K.

The PRESIDENT of the ROYAL STATISTICAL SOCIETY SAID

MANN'S JONES', BRIFFA'S MATH *IS NOT EVEN REAL MATH, MUCH LESS STATISTICS.*

You HICK.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#30784 Jun 15, 2012
litesong wrote:
I love that teabaggers are called the tealiban. It portrays the levels of uneducated self-righteousness needed for people to think destroying civilization is a good thing.
& to think it only involves adding one letter!
//////////
'alcoholic fisherman' wrote:
Funny how, in your own self righteous way.....
//////////
litesong wrote:
Saying,'same to you' isn't a snappy comeback. As for education, I'll match my degree with structures, propulsions, aerodynamics, space mechanics, astronomy, physics, & calc against your miserableness.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#30785 Jun 16, 2012
NobodyYouEverWantToKnow, alias:
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
I am open to any credible possibility.
And many incredible possibilities, Mr Undoubtably Spelt Fourty.
NoFactAllHype wrote:
That is because I understand how science works.
Stop boasting, it's unbecoming of a split personality, Mr Thermal Pollutant.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#30786 Jun 16, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>OK.
Even a welder, not you, is in this forum to run down science and scientists to the ground. He hates them until the stomach turns.
Why is he into hatred?? Why does he think he can negate science and scientists by posting senseless blogs??
Beats me - you'll have to ask him.

Scientists have been getting chased around by mobs with pitchforks and torches for as long as science has existed.

'Dog bites man'- no news there.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#30787 Jun 16, 2012
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
I am open to any credible possibility. That is because I understand how science works. But you have not shown any evidence or data. You have just promoted 'conspiracy theory' and doubt. The tools of the scammer and fraud artist.
You are just labelling an argument you don't have the intellectual means of addressing capably.

That's ok - the argument lies outside the realm of science - so you and all your very impressive scientific understanding are simply unequipped to deal with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jackson's mother fires first salvo to control t... (Jul '09) 10 hr Sekai 5
What are you feelings on men wearing womens und... (Jul '12) Apr 29 panties corning a... 27
News Michael Jackson postpones some London shows; sa... (May '09) Apr 28 Richard Kranium 33
News Williamsburg police charge woman with prostitution (Jun '10) Apr 28 martin garey 10
News 2 charged with possessing 700 lbs. marijuana - ... (Mar '10) Apr 28 martin garey 12
News Investigation - Charities Profiting Millions (May '10) Apr 25 HEB 134
News man jumps, pocahontas parkway, Interstate 95, s... (Oct '10) Apr 22 Marie saunders 93
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages