15-year-old killed in dirt bike colli...

15-year-old killed in dirt bike collision in Chesapeake

There are 93 comments on the WTKR story from Jan 29, 2010, titled 15-year-old killed in dirt bike collision in Chesapeake. In it, WTKR reports that:

Two 15-year-old boys collided on dirt bikes in Chesapeake on Thursday evening, killing one and sending the other to the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Nancy B

Chesapeake, VA

#1 Jan 29, 2010
My thoughts and prayers are with both families and the freinds of both boys.
no way

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Jan 29, 2010
omg what a shame.
why weren't the parents supervising them?
where were the helmets?
Debi in Virginia

Huntersville, NC

#3 Jan 29, 2010
no way wrote:
omg what a shame.
where were the helmets?
You know it is a shame, but for crying out loud why in the world would you comment on why the parents weren't supervising them. They are 15 year old boys riding dirt bikes. Agreed they should of had helmets on but do you really think it is necessary to wonder what the parents were up to. Many 15 year olds ride dirt bikes I am a female and have been riding since I was 6. This is a horrible accident so lets not start questioning the parents or laying blame anywhere.
unanimous

Chesapeake, VA

#4 Jan 29, 2010
no way wrote:
omg what a shame.
where were the helmets?
I knew both of those boys. One i was very close to, I really don't think thats something that should be of any concern at this moment. The parents have enough to deal with right now, and your comment shouldn't be one of them.
no way

Chesapeake, VA

#5 Jan 29, 2010
how about if the parents had been watching them or at least made sure they had their HELMETS on the one boy might still be here? what a thought.
aparently they are still to immature or think nothing could ever happen to them still. that is what parents are for.
you need to grow up Debi in Virginia
you probably ride without yours on too huh?
Parent

Norfolk, VA

#6 Jan 29, 2010
I think right now we should pray for both families and friends! This is a time for support not to point fingers and question things that could have been. There will be a lesson learned from this in the future.
Jennifer Beatty

Virginia Beach, VA

#7 Jan 29, 2010
THAT WAS MY COUSIN & HE WAS A GREAT KID & AN AWESOME SMART OUTSTANDING TALENTED KID! HOW DARE YOU SIT HERE AND CRITICIZE THE PARENTS YOU DONT KNOW THEM TO SIT HERE AND JUDGE THEM & YOU WERE NOT THERE WHEN IT TOOK PLACE SO FOR YOU TO SIT HERE AND JUDGE THE SITUATION W.O KNOWING ALL THE TRUE FACTS iS IMMATURE LETS NOT BE A HYPOCRITE HERE. WHY DONT U STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE HELMET AND SHOULD BE PRAYING HE STAYS ALIVE !! WHY DO U THINK THEY CALL IT ACCIDENTS THEY ARE 15 YEARS OLD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD !!!!!!!!! ACCiDENTS HAPPEN !!!!
Jennifer Beatty

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jan 29, 2010
& HE WAS AN ONLY CHILD !!! HOW WOULD U FEEL IF YOUR ONLY SON IS LYING ON THE HOSPITAL BED & WAS IN AN ACCIDENT AND NOT BREATHING ON UR OWN WOULD U REALLY BE WORRYING ABOUT Y HE WASNT WEARING A HELMET AT THE MOMENT !! NO I DONT THINK SO !!! Especially just recently losing the father as well !!!!!!!!!!
Parent

Chesapeake, VA

#9 Jan 29, 2010
I am the mother of one of the children that was at this accident last night,he was trying to help save them until help arrived.....and as far as the parents go, these are teenagers, they dont always ask first, they think later, and from what I was told as soon as the mother heard the dirt bikes she was out the door,God just had a different plan, so unless you have walked in someone shoes at a time like this as her husband was also killed 5 yrs. ago, you need to thank the Lord above for what you have and not judge others....please pray for all the families!
Annie

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Jan 29, 2010
OMG, talk about insensitive! Put yourself in the parents shoes. I have a lot more to say to you but what's the point? Your an idiot.

RIP Brandon
no way

Chesapeake, VA

#11 Jan 29, 2010
wow some people will never understand.
Cindy

Chesapeake, VA

#12 Jan 29, 2010
Yes I think they should have been wearing safety helmets and where were the parents especially at 7:oo in the evening.
Parent

Chesapeake, VA

#13 Jan 29, 2010
OMG! I am a parent of one of the kids that was there last night, and this was an accident, we love all these kids and their families, these kids are very close friends and love each other, some people need to stop and think before they speak because you dont know what you are talking about...everyone please pray for ALL the kids and families....love to you all and lean on each other, all of us parents love you.
Cassie

Chesapeake, VA

#15 Jan 29, 2010
How many of you did things without asking your parents even when you knew you shouldn't have been doing it? Obviously the parents didn't want them to do that and that is why she was outside as soon as she heard. Brandon was a very sweet person and for you to even talk bad about someone who has passed is a shame on you. How would you feel if someone sat here and said something about a child of yours that passed because of an accident that couldn't be stopped? You probably wouldn't like it and would be very upsetting to you. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes before you decide to speak badly on them. Grow up a little and quit posting rude comments about a child who has passed. And for the other child, I'm sure he was just as sweet. He isn't doing so well and it's wrong of you to criticize.
A close friend

Chesapeake, VA

#16 Jan 29, 2010
The kid that lived out there was my hunting buddy. I pray that he will pull through this. And the other kid, my condolences go out to his family and friends.
Debi in Virginia

Huntersville, NC

#17 Jan 29, 2010
no way wrote:
how about if the parents had been watching them or at least made sure they had their HELMETS on the one boy might still be here? what a thought.
aparently they are still to immature or think nothing could ever happen to them still. that is what parents are for.
you need to grow up Debi in Virginia
you probably ride without yours on too huh?
You are just plane ignorant. And no I don't ride without a helmet. You don't think these 2 boys parents are going through not only grief but asking themselves what if I would of did this or that. You should of just sent your condolences because your comment sucks.
Debi in Virginia

Huntersville, NC

#18 Jan 29, 2010
Cindy wrote:
Yes I think they should have been wearing safety helmets and where were the parents especially at 7:oo in the evening.
Let me quess your related to NO WAY!
Lexi

Chesapeake, VA

#19 Jan 29, 2010
How about you should think about how many times you've had an almost accident. Maybe you will realize how thankful you are that something like this could have happened to you, but didn't. How would your parents feel if it did and you didn't make it? Would you want this to happen to someone in your family an have to argue over some ignorant comments that a LOW LIFE made?? I don't think so you would just give your condolences out to your family, and wish others would do the same. So in other words keep your mouth shut unles your going to wish the family well.
Lexi

Chesapeake, VA

#22 Jan 29, 2010
Cindy wrote:
You are an idiot. Get over yourself, I'm sure your parents tought you THAT IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL?? Rule still applies here.
Cousin

Norfolk, VA

#23 Jan 29, 2010
I am a cousin of the boy that died last night... we all did dumb things when we were young.. all of us, if you are the exception, your mommy must have kept you sealed in a lil box for most of your young life.. This is a HORRIBLE ACCIDENT!!! Think about the boy that survived... what he has to go through knowing he lived and his friend died... Think of Brandon's parents and sisters!! What are they going through?? Many lives have been changed forever because of this tragedy! I myself have a 4 year old son who LOVES to ride his 4 wheeler, and yes while this is a HUGE wake up call for a lot of people, it is one of his passions. One I will not take away from him. It just amazes me that so many people can have so many opinions on what they would have done to save them from this accident.. when in fact, no one will ever know until they are in that exact situation..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,420,099
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Into The Night 61,076
Review: DRS Fantom Works (Jul '13) Sat Rob C 77
News Habitual Offending Husband and Wife Arrested - ... (Aug '10) Sat redeemed 84
Bernie Sanders/Never Hillary Aug 20 nco 1
News Inmate dies at Central State Hospital in Va - wtvr (Mar '10) Aug 15 u know 108
News Girl pulled from Great Wolf Lodge pool dies (Jun '07) Aug 14 K Ryuzaki 63

Norfolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages