Lancaster Teen Shot To Death At Party - wtvr

Full story: WTVR 100
A Lancaster county teen was shot and killed early Sunday morning at a party. It happened in the 400 block of Nuttsville Road. Full Story
Tiffany Butler

United States

#43 Jul 20, 2010
No sympathy wrote:
He was not a "TEEN" at 18 he is an adult, and if he can make better choices than to be at a party @ 5am. Then he got to see what can happen. Let it be a lesson to others.
Your just clueless because 1st of all it wasn't a boy, it was a girl & her name was Jasmine & she wasn't 18, she was 19. So next time before you say something, make sure its accurate!! So let this be a lesson to you that next time if you are going to talk about something, then make sure your facts are correct 1st!!

Since: Jul 10

Warsaw, VA

#44 Jul 20, 2010
I am appalled by all of the vicious comments that have been posted. How dare you ignorant individuals turn this into a racial situation! This is a World wide situation happening with ALL races! I must ask all of the racist individuals who are so quick to pull the “Black Card”, what racist card did you pull with all of the “White” school shootings?

Jasmine is someone’s daughter. She is someone’s sister. But above all, she was just a 19 year old child whom hadn’t even begun to live her life. No one deserves to die at the hand of another, but especially not an innocent child no matter what her choices were.

I personally never had the privilege to meet Jasmine, but my daughter Tiffany knew her and knows her family. My family and I would like to express our deepest sympathy to her family and friends.
In time,
the heart heals,
leaving us
with memories ~
not of our sorrow,
but of
the love
we have known.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Taddow101

Satellite Provider

#45 Jul 21, 2010
First of all my sympathy goes out to the parents, familly and friends of the victim and true enough it shouldn't have happened. Hopefully this incident should be a learning experience for the youngsters and especially for the law enforcement and local governments of the Northern Neck, I grew up in the area and I make visits home when I can but I think that we are missing the big picture here, there is absolutely nothing and I repeat nothing to do there, there is no recreation for the youth and no where to go and so they make their own recreation. If the local Goverments of the Northern Neck would come out of the Dark Ages and realize that the solution is to have organized recreation for these youngsters then tragedies like this one wouldn't happen and that goes for the black and white youth RACIST RICH, and your comments still reinforce that racism is still alive and as strong as ever in that area (Stupid).
Taddow101

Satellite Provider

#46 Jul 21, 2010
Rich wrote:
Oh boo-wooo cry me a river. I live in the area and I'm sick of these parties putting a strain on the sheriff's, police, fire and ems departments. Anytime these groups of blacks get together, there's nothing but problems. Why can't they act civilized in public and learn to drink and have a good time. As usual some coward little puke has to play bad boy. Bottom line is If you go to a gang banger party YOU MAY GET SHOT, STABBED OR ARRESTED OR ALL THREE. I tired of hearing all this crap about what a great kid he/she was and how they didn't deserve to die like this. My advise to the police is stay out of the area and let these fools shoot it out. All year there have been shootings from these parties in Richmond, Essex, Tappahannock, Lancaster and Westmoreland Counties. Enough is enough!!!
You are a idiot, so I suppose that you work for one of these agencies (not!!)so what are you tired of, instead of making a rediculous statement like you did (typical) I think that a constructive solution would have been sufficient but it is people like yourself that prove that the race card is more convenient than constructive solutions also it shows that racism still has strong roots there, I am from that very neighborhood where the incident occured and most of the people there are my familly members and they are God fearing respectable people so who are you to pass judgement not to mention the fact that in your eyes if the local assets as you say just let them fools shoot it out and kill eachother off then the local law enforcement would be left to focus on what you would call your kind of crime right? think before you speak, because if it were your child you would want sympathy. Step out of the 50"s and get with the present and don't act like you have never went out and partied way past your bed time.
just think

Blacksburg, VA

#47 Jul 21, 2010
This girl has died because someone was stupid enough to bring a gun to a party. What is the point to carry a weapon unless you intend to use it? It has been said that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time time. This is exaxtly right. She should have been at home in bed at 5 am along with everyone else there. Getting together and having a good time with friends is wonderful but when the police have to be called its just plain stupid. She died out of ignorance !
From Westmo- Sad

Warsaw, VA

#48 Jul 21, 2010
It is sad someone had to die. Bit it is rediculous that this happens all the time down here. I can't believe someone else has died down in the Northern Neck because of some careless a**holes who think they are ALL THAT at a party. I live here, but I am from a small town about 3 hours away from the Northern Neck. There are parties all the time back where I'm from, and no one seems to die or have guNS!
It is crazy that when people get together down here, they do have to have a "bad ass" attitude. This is what happens. People need to open their eyes because this is true! I have many black friends and none of them act this way. If you live in the Northern Neck and work at Food Lion or don't work at all, you are not a "gangster"...there is no reason to have a gun at all especially at a party. Those of you who are this type of person, you ruin a good time for everyone else - like In the Distance from DC and Jodeci.
And I do agree, this does nothing but cause more trouble for the police departments, fire, ems, etc. It makes them look bad when all they were doing was THEIR JOB! The cop may have been there trying to get people out but hoodlums were around back shooting guns! WOW. IDIOT MOVE. And the cop was by himself, he could have been shot too.
Jodeci & In the Distance - they both state they were at the party and Jodeci said you can't go to a party without this happening. Doesn't this give some of you any idea what parties are really like??
You may not like what others say, but it is true. So, stop bashing Rich or No Sympathy because they LIVE IN THIS AREA JUST AS I DO and it is always the SAME THING OVER AND OVER!
People need to grow up, get a job, and leave the violence alone. Whoever had the guns, will be punished and that is sad also. Because it all could have been prevented if people can get together and have a good time without all the bullshit.
From Westmo- Sad

Warsaw, VA

#49 Jul 21, 2010
just think wrote:
This girl has died because someone was stupid enough to bring a gun to a party. What is the point to carry a weapon unless you intend to use it? It has been said that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time time. This is exaxtly right. She should have been at home in bed at 5 am along with everyone else there. Getting together and having a good time with friends is wonderful but when the police have to be called its just plain stupid. She died out of ignorance !
I COMPLETELY AGREE! SHE HAD TO DIE OUT OF IGNORANCE!
Someone who cares

Columbia, MD

#50 Jul 21, 2010
People... we all try and teach our children what's right and wrong. Sometimes we are lucky and they are perfect angels doing everything that is expected of them and what's right and sometimes they don't. All I'm saying is that a young girl is dead because someone took her life. It doesn't matter if she was shot at church or at a party, A YOUNG GIRL IS DEAD. Her family and she do not deserve judement by other people. There is only one who can judge us and He calls us to love one another as we love ourselves. Not to love only those that behave like us or do what we do or look like we do, but to LOVE EVERYONE!!!

Put yourself in that mothers place, her 15 year old sisters place or her 20 year old brothers place. All they know or care about at this time is that one of their loved one is gone and they are now hurting, hurting with that deep pain of grieving that I pray many of us need not know often in our life time.

So if you must express yourself, express it with love and sympathy. This family is going to need it.
From Westmo- Sad

Warsaw, VA

#51 Jul 21, 2010
Taddow101 wrote:
<quoted text> You are a idiot, so I suppose that you work for one of these agencies (not!!)so what are you tired of, instead of making a rediculous statement like you did (typical) I think that a constructive solution would have been sufficient but it is people like yourself that prove that the race card is more convenient than constructive solutions also it shows that racism still has strong roots there, I am from that very neighborhood where the incident occured and most of the people there are my familly members and they are God fearing respectable people so who are you to pass judgement not to mention the fact that in your eyes if the local assets as you say just let them fools shoot it out and kill eachother off then the local law enforcement would be left to focus on what you would call your kind of crime right? think before you speak, because if it were your child you would want sympathy. Step out of the 50"s and get with the present and don't act like you have never went out and partied way past your bed time.
Taddow - You are right. It is not always black people getting into all the trouble around here. The whites are just as bad. I am not from here, but I live here now, for a little while at least. It does seem like everytime blacks or whites get together, some tragedy happens. Ignorance, alcohol, and drugs are always involved. The Northern Neck is crazy. I have never lived in a place where all people do is smoke pot, get drunk, and wanna shoot something. I have been to a few parties, both black and white, and again no racisim has occured, but that is what people do around here. There is nothing else to do for the younger generation (because youth isn't 19-25), but get drunk and smoke. I do agree with you that the local government's need to get their heads on straight and figure it out. However, the police departments are just doing their job. Without them, who knows what the Northern Neck would be like!
To Rich and No Sympathy

Aylett, VA

#52 Jul 21, 2010
The most ignorant and racial comments posted. I pray for both of you because you need it badly. I hope you don't ever experience losing a loved one that is trying to have innocent fun but just in the wrong place at the wrong time. There will be a day thats gonna come and you wonder WHY? Just remember those words that you threw out there and are slashing the hearts of those that loved this girl. I didn't know her but my heart is heavy for the family because I have a daughter that is the same age who could have been there but I thank God she wasn't.
Carebear16

Urbanna, VA

#53 Jul 21, 2010
Everybody, this is the saddest stuff I have ever read. A girl has died! But everyone is fighting about race. Have sympathy and respect. I have children and I could never imagine burring my own children. It blows my mind that we are all related in some way but we hurt each other in the most cruel ways. The person that did this will get caught. They always do. I strongly believe that someone that murders someone should die the same way they killed them. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. And there is definitely not a crime to wanna go out and have a good time. It is unfortunate that having a good time these days results in some kind of tragedy. No trust anymore.
meme

AOL

#54 Jul 21, 2010
My sympathy and prayers to the family of this young lady. Such a tragedy..regardless of race, party whatever, it is tragic and my heart goes out to her parents and family. I personally did not know her, but her sister rode the bus with my daughters and I understand both girls are very nice sweet people. God Bless.
Tracey

Topping, VA

#55 Jul 21, 2010
It honestly bothers me and brings tears to my eyes knowing that a young girl died, it is not fair, she had a whole life ahead of her. she was just beginging and it is very mean that anyone would blame race on this. if it was her time to go it was her time, but i wish she had longer. i am so sorry to hear about this and my prayers go out to family and friends. It is hard loosing a loved one but if it is your own child or sister it is worse. Also why bring guns to parties, it is ignorant, if you want to shoot at something shoot at a wall other than anything else and if a bullet goes up it comes right back down common sense. kids should not have guns PERIOD only if it is a hobby and they know what they are doing with it. I live in Essex and it is ashame to know that this happend so close. Once again i am so sorry that such a beauitful girl had to have her life cut short.
Tracey

Topping, VA

#56 Jul 21, 2010
Shaquan Ball wrote:
I am the victims brother. Thank you for all the love and support.For the people who have negative stuff to say why post it? No innocent person deserves to die whether or not she was at a party till 5 am. Just try and show some respect. One love
I am so sorry for your loss! I have heard nothing but GREAT things about her. I can imagine what you are going through right now. My prayers are with you and your family. Be strong!
Kim best from raleigh nc

Raleigh, NC

#57 Jul 22, 2010
I didnt no this young lady, but my heart goes out to her family. It is a shame how people my bad comment ABOUT SOMEONE DEALTH no one deserve to be killed by guns. U should be able to go anywhere u please without feel harm. So keep in mind when u post comment her family is left to read her comment so let everyone show respect. Shona u is in my prayer love u keep strong she is in a better place.
Concerned in Lancaster

White Stone, VA

#58 Jul 22, 2010
First of all, my sympathy goes out to the family of Jasmine Smith. Young people please, I beg you to put down the guns, knives and pick up the bible. In it you can find LOVE, PEACE, UNDERSTANDING, JOY OR WHATEVER YOU NEED. GODS GOT IT. Please find respect in you and then you can respect others.Sorry to think like this, but if you feel you NEED to shoot a gun, go to the military, they have a place you can do this, otherwise instead of hurting each other, band together and show love toward one another. Love conquers a multitude of sin. Again young people I beg you to get yourselves together. YOU ARE OUR FUTURE.
Local Resident

Gloucester, VA

#59 Jul 22, 2010
I heard there were other people who got shot. And does anyone know who the shooter was? It is a shame that the paper just came out today and not a word was mentioned about this. Maybe if it was made public, people would be more careful at these parties. I know teens like to party, but if you are gonna get wasted, you have no business bringing out a gun. I just hope that Lancaster teens can learn something from this tragedy so nothing like this happens again.
LifeontheNNeck

Alderson, WV

#60 Jul 23, 2010
Prayers and sympathy for this young girl's family and friends.

I live about 5 miles away from the shooting. I do not leave my house after dark EVER. I originally come from an area where I could go anywhere at anytime. This was such a nice area to visit and vacation, but living here is AWFUL. I fear for my children's lives as they grow and mature. I fear they I will have to chain them to the house to be sure that they stay alive and safe.

Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people. Children and teens with nothing to do did not cause this child to die. A gun did. Accident or not, a gun went off and now there is a mother and family with no child.

*sigh* This place is SO depressing. I thought I was making the right move bringing my children here to grown up, away from the cities. What a BIG mistake.

God be with you, Jasmine. Walk with Him. Prayers said.
Glasnos

Fabens, TX

#61 Jul 23, 2010
Appalled black woman wrote:
Ok...so when "white kids" go around shooting up college campuses and kill families I am to assume all white people are trouble??? People need to think before they talk. You negative judgemental people are assholes! How are you going to blame a victim for one bad apple's actions. R.I.P. Jazz
On another note before long yard parties are going to be banned from the NNK. People just don't know how to act and do not think of the consequences for their actions! GROW UP PEOPLE...Just because you tote a gun doesn't make you a man, woman OR GOD!
LOL ... So you don't think a problem exists among the black community regarding violence?

The same CDC reports say that homicide is the:

the leading cause of death among black men aged 15-34 years.(Three age categories!)

* the second leading cause of death for black women aged 15-24 years.
* the fifth leading cause of death for black women aged 25-34 years.

Among women aged 15-24, homicide accounts for 5% of premature deaths in white females, but 20% of all premature deaths by black females.

Among both black and white men, homicide deaths peak at aged 25-34. The death rate by homicide among white men in this age group is 12.5 per 100k, and accounts for 10% of all premature deaths. The death rate by homicide among blacks in this age group is 101.8 per 100k, and accounts for 48% of all premature deaths.
http://www.midwestfreepress.com/2009/09/27/cd...

I will bet more than half of those white homicides are by white "hispanics"

Nothing is going to change with people like you who refuse to even admit there is a problem.
LifeontheNNeck

Alderson, WV

#62 Jul 23, 2010
PEOPLE!!! Color/race did NOT kill this poor innocent child. A gun did. Plain and simple.

Don't have raves or "lawn parties" where guns will be brought. If you know someone has a gun, LEAVE AND REPORT IT TO THE POLICE.

And any party at 5AM in the morning should have been shut down at 10PM the night before!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min truth to power 51,415
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Bluestater 1,190,352
CFCMI Christian Church in Norfolk (Sep '08) 6 hr Promethius 23
Jerome Hardison 16 hr Hello 1
Advice Feb 22 ittsthatgirl 1
100% Free People Search & Background Check (Jan '09) Feb 19 Chesapeake ave man 13
City Council to vote on Lee-Jackson Day observance Feb 19 sanjay poopta 2
Norfolk Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Norfolk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:34 pm PST