land owner

Raymond, NH

#1 Sep 23, 2012
I live where there used to be an rc car track. How useful would it be to reopen it for people to come use. Would the youth use it to keep themselves out of trouble. Im just want to try n help the community out by giving the kids a safe place to hang out where there are no drugs
north country gal

Syracuse, NY

#2 Sep 23, 2012
land owner wrote:
I live where there used to be an rc car track. How useful would it be to reopen it for people to come use. Would the youth use it to keep themselves out of trouble. Im just want to try n help the community out by giving the kids a safe place to hang out where there are no drugs
great idea.my son is older now but he would have loved it.where is this going to be located?
1001 ideas

Massena, NY

#3 Sep 23, 2012
As a suggestion, you could dig up a shallow but wide pond/lake for boats as well as a runway/field for planes. An rc park for all types of vehicles. That way you would appeal to a much broader audience than just the cars. In the winter when the pond freezes people can either ice skate/play hockey or stud up the cars and race on the ice. Hope it works out for you. It sounds good to me.
confused

Ardsley, NY

#4 Sep 23, 2012
1001 ideas wrote:
As a suggestion, you could dig up a shallow but wide pond/lake for boats as well as a runway/field for planes. An rc park for all types of vehicles. That way you would appeal to a much broader audience than just the cars. In the winter when the pond freezes people can either ice skate/play hockey or stud up the cars and race on the ice. Hope it works out for you. It sounds good to me.
It wud be a wonderful idea !!! My fiancé has a lot of rc and had been looking into starting a track and would love to be involved I'm sure he wud love to speak to you!!
confused

Ardsley, NY

#5 Sep 23, 2012
confused wrote:
<quoted text>It wud be a wonderful idea !!! My fiancé has a lot of rc and had been looking into starting a track and would love to be involved I'm sure he wud love to speak to you!!
Sorry for the misspells I'm doing this on phone it auto corrects or miscorrects lol
rc on the brain

Minoa, NY

#6 Sep 23, 2012
There are a lot of people in town that are also adults that would love to help with a Rc track and even use the track... It's really a much bigger hobby than most people know... I personally would love to see an Rc track around I have several Rc cars and would love to have a place to run them instead of parking lots or yards ... I would love to help with a track also
land owner

Brattleboro, VT

#7 Sep 24, 2012
I live on 420 about 5 min drive out of massena. There used to be an rc track on the property before but the people that owned the house let it go n it became over grown with weeds n brush nothing that a little time wouldn't help
rc on the brain

Minoa, NY

#8 Sep 24, 2012
land owner wrote:
I live on 420 about 5 min drive out of massena. There used to be an rc track on the property before but the people that owned the house let it go n it became over grown with weeds n brush nothing that a little time wouldn't help
But how do you feel about other people bring on your property most people would have a fit and not allow it??? And some of those Rc are nitro powered and loud ,.. I'm all for a track make no mistake ill even help with it just want you to be aware of such things
RC Fanatic

Massena, NY

#9 May 19, 2013
Are you still going to open the track?
Eman Resu

New Hartford, NY

#10 May 19, 2013
land owner wrote:
I live on 420 about 5 min drive out of massena. There used to be an rc track on the property before but the people that owned the house let it go n it became over grown with weeds n brush nothing that a little time wouldn't help
The person who ran the track was the father in the family who owned the property. He was unfortunately killed in a snowmobiling accident and the rest of the family decided not keep it going. He was a very nice guy and is missed.
Eman Resu

New Hartford, NY

#11 May 19, 2013
There's a really nice track in Moira right near Mad Joes store. The store has a nice selection of RC stuff with good prices and they can order anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
massena athletes 4 hr Not all 8
Easy lays in the Norwood Norfolk area? 4 hr Not all 8
News Toilet covers 9 hr nope 1
News Benjamin G. Cappione 10 hr Matty 1
Censorship 23 hr American soldier 22
News Candidate understands safety for workers 23 hr Voter 1
News IBEW endorses Oa Shaugnessy Sat Voter 1

Norfolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages