Who do you support for Governor in Ne...
Reality

Oklahoma City, OK

#1064 Jul 27, 2012
Pat Buchannon smartly pointed out: Why should a large block of people - particularly Hispanics and Blacks - nearly 50 percent of America's population who don't pay income taxes, as most of them receive government handouts, vote conservative Republican?

In the meantime check the health of cities and states run by conservative Republicans, and then check the health of cities and states traditionally run and currently run by liberal Democrats.

The research is up to you.
Reality

Oklahoma City, OK

#1065 Jul 27, 2012
A couple more concrete questions:

When does continuing dependency ever benefit an individual?

And should parents raise their children to rely on dependency?
Reality

Oklahoma City, OK

#1066 Jul 27, 2012
Ohio now has a lower unemployment rate than the national average. Guess what the governor of the stae is.

In America, the closer the people are to the government, the more effective government can be.

Or the people voting in localized elections get what they voted for.
alice

Los Angeles, CA

#1067 Jul 27, 2012
Real Americans will vote Obama. Romney hatred for the middle class scares me
Reality

Oklahoma City, OK

#1068 Jul 27, 2012
Apparently, alice, you're easily frightened.

Anyway, I'm curious. Would you supply some evidence confirming Romney's terrible hatred of the middle class. We all know that the conservative Republicans' stance of keeping the tax rate as it is has nothing to do with hating the middle class

Another request: Would you as a liberal define "Real American?" In my ventures I've found that not too many liberals are particularly fond of traditional America.

And I never heard a "USA, USA" spark up at a liberal gathering.

Thank you for any explanations you might provide.

One another note, alice. I'm a happily married girl, at 44 years old, wealthy, and raising three kids. I was raised in a loyal middle-class Democrat family and at 16 years old I was a loyal Democrat too, when I told my mother: "If the devil ran as a Democrat, you'd vote for him."

Pretty insightful from a 16 year old, who would grow up and run her life responsibly and conservatively, just as her family members had in their own personal lives.

To be sure, pure conservatism represents far more than a political view. Foremost, it represents high, unquestionable conduct.

America solutions are found in firm marriages and parents raising their children to be upstanding.

Think a bit before replying with a typical slap-dash comment. It never supplies any substance.
Reality

Oklahoma City, OK

#1069 Jul 27, 2012
"Get that high-fulutin, moralistic chick off the air. She makes me uncomfortable."

I've heard that too, directed at me.
chud whistle

Lincoln, NE

#1070 Jul 27, 2012
alice wrote:
In my younger years I always asked santa clause for toys that came with small balls. Hungry Hungry Hippos, Crossfire, you name it. I would always swallow the balls (5-6 at a time) then try to sift through my sh!t to find them. I guess thats what makes me a good archaeologist as an adult.
gt ranger

Englewood, CO

#1071 Jul 27, 2012
alice wrote:
Your such a liar, alice. An immature little girl who swallows anything she is spoon fed.
Bubba

York, NE

#1072 Aug 1, 2012
Ralph Spoilsport wrote:
<quoted text>Mitt's ideas are the same ideas that Bush used to wreck the economy. Mitt's only plan is to cut taxes for the wealthy, deregulate everything and, if he listens to his neocon advisors, a war with Iran is all but certain. Mitt will finish the job Cheney & Bush started. We won't have an ailing economy. We will have no economy, for anyone but the rich. The rest of us can eat table scraps.
We've had a net gain in jobs for 3 years. In spite of the GOP's refusal to consider any legislation that would improve the situation for fear of giving Obama a "victory".
Bin Laden is dead.
We are out of Iraq.
Quaddaffi is dead and gone without a single US casualty and minimal expenditure.
Somali pirate activity has been greatly reduced thanks to Obama's decisive actions.
We are producing more oil today than any time during Cheney Bush.
More natural gas production.
Dozens of new permits have been issued for offshore drilling.
More deportations of illegals than ever before.
He's done every thing that Bush could't do!
Wait until the debates and watch Obama peel Mittens like an onion. Mitt's an intellectual lightweight. He will be shown for the shallow, ill-informed, greedy, lying cur he is.
You forgot about the trillions he's added to the debt, no budget plan, etc. etc. etc.......oh wait......ummmmm.........I suppose that's all Bush's fault too?
Bubba

York, NE

#1073 Aug 1, 2012
When will obama step up, be a man and be accountable for the poor economic condition of the country?

He's been president for over 3 1/2 years. National debt is sky-rocketing and no balanced budget plan; unemployment is higher from the time he took office & has been continuously over 8%, the middle east is a mess and things are getting worse.

Past presidents were all accountable for their failures. Why not obama?

I understand it's hard to admit short comings & failures, but aleast you'd think the lame stream media would report on his poor preformance and look to hold him accountable for things under his watch.

Why does liberal america look the other way, but chastise any conservative in office when things are bad?

Why does spoiledsport blame the republican congress for all the inaction of this poor administration? obama's the leader. he needs to lead for goodness sake.

It's time for obama to be held accountable. I can't wait till November to cast my vote. When the work preformance isn't there, it time for a change. obama should understand that, since it was his slogan from 2008.

Again, America needs change it can believe in, and obama has proven he's is NOT it.
Elmo

Fremont, NE

#1074 Aug 1, 2012
Romney is a good Morman man. Barrack Hussein Obama's Muslim background is scary. America shouldn't have a president like this.
alice

Los Angeles, CA

#1075 Aug 6, 2012
Mormons are not Christian at all. And I fear the dark powers behind Romney. Draw that curtain back and look who they are!
Paul Kierens

Omaha, NE

#1076 Aug 6, 2012
Alice sells meth but she deflects. She probably sells it to Obama.
alice

Los Angeles, CA

#1077 Aug 6, 2012
Romney is a servant of Isreali interests and Israel despises the USA. Republicans will send your sons and daughters to die for Israel. Believe me. None of Romney's hideous 5 sons will ever lift a finger to fight for this country.
Bubba

York, NE

#1078 Aug 6, 2012
I like Isreal. They are our only friends in the middle east, unlike the muslim countries obama butters up too. When is obama going to get us out of afganistan? Aren't our sons and daughters dying over there? Romney will at least improve our economy and I'd like that.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#1079 Aug 6, 2012
alice wrote:
Romney is a servant of Isreali interests and Israel despises the USA. Republicans will send your sons and daughters to die for Israel. Believe me. None of Romney's hideous 5 sons will ever lift a finger to fight for this country.
who cares what his sons will or won't do? How do u know what they will do or not do? Why do u hate Israel so much? are u Islamic?
Bubba

York, NE

#1080 Aug 7, 2012
Here are the statistics in Afghanistan for the 8 years of George Bush.
The total killed in action under him is 660. Barrack Obama in 3 years and 5 months the total killed in action is 1,398.
Wounded under George Bush is 2,637 in 8 years. Wounded under Obama up to Jan. 31st of this year is 11,529.

The policies of this current administration and the rules of engagement are a huge factor with these casualty reports. The limited air and artillery support our men received.

The limited company level support such as mortars, as well as the approval to return fire are hampering and adding to the danger they are in daily.
Not to mention the severely limited night operations, that are approved, because they scare the Afghan people.

proves obama is not much of a commander in chief; more like a dunce in chief.

Time to bring our military home, especially with the inadequate leadership of the current administration!
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#1081 Aug 7, 2012
alice wrote:
Bush scared me with his anti-Americanism. He relaly left a wreck for obama
Hi stupid alice. What did Bush do that was anti American? Things were not so easy for Bush, did you forget about 9/11 was on his watch? Yes things were not in great shape for the great obama, but how did obama handle that? Answer: made things worse. By the way alice, why do so many people living in Hawaii with the great weather, clean air and warm blue water use crack, smoke cigarettes and act mad driving? It's a shame to visit there and see bums crapping behind bus stops and pissing on buildings, the locals seem to trash the beaches and all seem to be high all the time. The only ones that are kind friendly and clean are the tourists. why is that alice?

“Look at all the piggies”

Since: Sep 07

with their piggy wives....

#1082 Aug 8, 2012
Bubba wrote:
Here are the statistics in Afghanistan for the 8 years of George Bush.
The total killed in action under him is 660. Barrack Obama in 3 years and 5 months the total killed in action is 1,398.
Wounded under George Bush is 2,637 in 8 years. Wounded under Obama up to Jan. 31st of this year is 11,529.
The policies of this current administration and the rules of engagement are a huge factor with these casualty reports. The limited air and artillery support our men received.
The limited company level support such as mortars, as well as the approval to return fire are hampering and adding to the danger they are in daily.
Not to mention the severely limited night operations, that are approved, because they scare the Afghan people.
proves obama is not much of a commander in chief; more like a dunce in chief.
Time to bring our military home, especially with the inadequate leadership of the current administration!
How many Americans died due to terrorist attacks under Bush? How many Americans died in Iraq, for nothing?
More casualties in Afghanistan due to more troops in country and more aggressive tactics on the part of our forces. They took the fight to the Taliban and AQ. It's easy to keep casualties low if you do not engage the enemy.
Bush took his eyes off the fight in Afghanistan and against AQ in order to fulfill the neocon wet dream of a war of conquest in Iraq.
Iraq is much worse off for our intervention because we had no plan for what was to come after Saddam fell. We wrecked the infrastructure, dismantled the Army and left the country to be divided up along religious lines.
How many Iraqi civilians died in Bush's war? How many disappeared into CIA prisons in undisclosed locations? We will never know because Obama promised not to look backwards at Cheney/Bush's lies, malfeasance and corruption. He gave them a pass on their crimes. Shame on him. Obama should have investigated them with minute scrutiny and charged them for their crimes.
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#1083 Aug 8, 2012
First we should charge Eric holder for his crimes. And charge Obama for the murders involved with that operation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norfolk Music Forum (Nov '12) Jun 14 Musikologist 14
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Nebraska (... (Oct '10) May '16 The Walrus was Paul 52
News Stanton, NE public school board member is charg... (Dec '15) Dec '15 TweekersSuck 1
News Sheriff turns over box of cash amid investigation (Feb '08) Nov '15 justin kase 2,355
Norfolk Catholic (Sep '07) Sep '15 Roone 20
News Mass layoff at Michael Foods in Wakefield, NE (Jul '15) Jul '15 Barb 2
Norfolk, NE 911 dispatch receiving too many non... (May '15) May '15 Anonymous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages