Going green pays dividends for Norfolk

Jul 24, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sun Chronicle

For environmentally-conscious building, the town has been awarded a $50,000 grant for the planned reconstruction or replacement of Freeman-Centennial School off Boardman Street.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Sep 9, 2008
Jason-Norfolk

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

This is great news. It shows our new selectman has taken accountability for his wishes to 'go green.'
Andy B

Lunenburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2008

Sorry Jason but unfortunately, our newest selectman had no involvement whatsoever with this grant application. As I prepared the application and two members of the School Task Force and the School Superintendent reviewed it I am well aware who was involved with the application - and the BOS were not involved. During a meeting with the BOS and other Town Officials in March of 08, one of our Town Officials stated empahitically that there were no grants or funds available for the school project... guess someone didn't know what they were talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gillette Traffic Aug 23 MarkCohen 1
Liam Payne Sings Michael Jackson's 'The Way You... Aug 21 goodvibrations 1
Debate: Ferguson - Walpole, MA Aug 18 Ted 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug 16 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
Waxy O'Connors-BIG DISAPPOINTMENT (Nov '08) Aug 14 Tired of Dishonesty 140
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Kundrot dionkie 4,699
Famous Singer in Norfolk? Jul '14 Jacob 1

Search the Norfolk Forum:
•••

Norfolk News Video

•••
•••

Norfolk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Norfolk People Search