O'Brien and Meeks Construction

Posted in the Norfolk Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ron

Holbrook, MA

#1 Mar 20, 2009
O'Brien and Meeks lost their land in Norfolk today to auction. While this was going, one of the principals, Bob Meeks, was allegedly vacationing in the Caribbean. AIG, or what?
Paul

Holbrook, MA

#2 Mar 20, 2009
That sounds like the O'Brien and Meeks motus operandi. They tried screwing a long list of people they owed money to by offering to pay off 14% of what they owe. I wonder if Rick O'Brien offered Bob Kraft only 14% of what his Patriots seasons' tickets cost.
Carmella

Walpole, MA

#3 Mar 21, 2009
Typical scumbags. So Meeks knows he screwed Walpole Co-op of out $3,000,000+, and he goes on vacation? The other owner, Rick O'Brien, used to cry about how he had no money, but he had enough money to go to all Patriots games, and the last Super Bowl they played in. They should both be in jail.
Tony

Holbrook, MA

#4 Mar 23, 2009
it ain't just the two owners. the office manager, mallory digges, was telling people last year they weren't gonna have enough money to cover payroll so she and the owners were working for free. what a bunch of bs.
Phil

Holbrook, MA

#5 Mar 26, 2009
They owe Atlas Insulation almost two grand from December, yet the owner can take people on a friggin' Carribean cruise?
Maggie

Attleboro, MA

#6 Mar 31, 2009
Well, I am friends with the O'Brien's and I know for a fact that Rick O'Brien's wife works 3 jobs to try to keep it together. They are good, honest, hard working people. The economy hit the home building industry hard and it isn't their fault.

Since: Mar 09

Attleboro, MA

#7 Mar 31, 2009
This is unbelievable that you people would talk so belligerently about them without even knowing who they are. You make it seem like Bob goes on vacations all the time, when the truth is he rarely goes on vacations. Do you honestly think they need people like you guys to post nasty things about their company when they are already having financial trouble. Their company has taken a hit due to the economy. It had nothing to do with the fact that they allegedly owe so many people money.I also would be willing to bet money that they both work harder than all of you do. All I am asking is why do you people make such undaunted comments as you hide behind a name on a forum? I hope that writing these heartless comments makes you feel better on the inside!
and Landers

AOL

#8 Apr 1, 2009
Look at all the criminal charges against Landers and the state is still hand feeding them state jobs. So no one is getting their palms greased? OK.
Carmella

Walpole, MA

#9 Apr 2, 2009
Good people or not, they owe a lot of people money, including my husband, who is in business for himself. They aren't exactly quick when it comes to returning phone calls asking to be paid for services rendered and material that is purchased. Fact is, maybe forgoing that trip Meeks went on would have paid off my husband.
Eddie

Holbrook, MA

#10 Apr 3, 2009
Hey James-Before you start pontificating about the virtues of Bob and Rick and Mallory, you should hear the the stories of those they've stiffed in recent months. Does it look good for an owner who just stiffed a bank for over $3,000,000 to be living it up in the Caribbean while his land is being sold for a loss? The bankers were there feeling the pain, they weren't hiding. If you do care to hear those stories, allot a good sum of time.
Marcus

AOL

#11 Apr 3, 2009
Eddie - since you're so smart with your big words, how could they have helped all of what happened? They've been trying to do whatever they could for a long time now. Do you think they wanted to lose that land? Of course not. They lost all the money they put into it by putting in the road, etc. Who should we blame that on? There must be someone. They have been in business for over 35 years and have always paid everyone. They are probably the most honest builders around. They have never gone bankrupt like most builders when things get tough. They have toughed it out. This time, things just didn't turn around fast enough. Believe me, if they could fix it, they would. This is not intentional. They have also lost everything, but they are not giving up.
Eddie

Holbrook, MA

#12 Apr 3, 2009
Marcus,
Glad to hear they're not giving up, for others aren't, either.

Since: Apr 09

Holbrook, MA

#13 Apr 3, 2009
James,
I'll stand behind what I say...they are GREAT home builders, average businessmen (and woman, let's not forget Mallory.)
Eddie-Your math isn't as good as your vocabulary. They took Walpole Co-op for $3,200,000, but what's two hundred grand amongst friends?
The whole thing is sad, and a lot of people have been financially hurt.
Noah

Walpole, MA

#14 Apr 3, 2009
Marcus,
Let's not be so blind to the fact that they owed a lot of money to people, and didn't seem to communicate with them very well. If someone's chasing you for money, take it like a man and face them, don't duck their calls and avoid them.
Kelly

Holbrook, MA

#15 May 14, 2009
New slogan:
O'BRIEN AND MEEKS: Over $5,000,000 in defaulted loans in 2009.
Seth

Walpole, MA

#16 May 17, 2009
Another slogan--- O'Brien & Meeks: The Swine Flu of Builders.
Reggie

Holbrook, MA

#17 May 20, 2009
Which doesn't belong and why:
a- Bernard Madoff
b- Rick O'Brien
c- Bob Meeks
d- Mallory Digges
Clearly, the answer is Bernard Madoff, for he's the only one in jail for screwing people over. The other three stooges haven't been indicted. Yet.
Marcus

AOL

#18 May 20, 2009
Get over yourself. Why don't you go write a gameshow?? You have an awful lot of time on your hands.
Reggie

Holbrook, MA

#19 May 22, 2009
When the score is settled, perhaps I'll move on to gameshows, but for now, this game ain't over.
Marcus

AOL

#20 May 22, 2009
You've got problems, but enjoy your vengeance!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norfolk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware Dental Associates of Walpole Nov 17 pmcd404 1
Road Pavement Jul '17 bobbyd 1
News Doherty family of Franklin a heartbrokena over ... (May '17) May '17 Jesus Mohammad Ch... 2
Beatles For Sale returns to E. Walpole in June (May '17) May '17 Beatleman 1
Hallmark Job Opportunity in Walpole (May '17) May '17 VictorOrians 1
News Accused Bellingham rapist accidentally released (Jan '07) Apr '17 Qwitjabitchen 2
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Massachusetts... (Oct '10) Apr '17 Butch Cassidy 13

Norfolk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norfolk Mortgages