Rep. Ron Sailor arrested on bad check charge

There are 20 comments on the Aug 14, 2007, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer story titled Rep. Ron Sailor arrested on bad check charge. In it, Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reports that:

“This puts me in a posture where I am deeply apologetic to all of the constituents in my district and anyone else who may have been inconvenienced by this.”

State Rep. Ron Sailor Jr. has been arrested on a felony fraud charge, accused of writing a bad check for $1,111 to pay utilities on a house in Gwinnett County. via Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.

Phantom

United States

#22 Mar 28, 2008
Hahahaha..."Good man" Hahahahahah That's a good one.

"God's annointed" hahahahahaha That's another good one.

Just because some idiot decides to call himself "Pastor" doesn't make him special. Or if someone else who decided to call themself "Pastor" or "Bishop" decided to call this CROOK "Pastor" doesn't make him special.

He's pathetic and so is anyone who would follow someone like him, Creflo Dollar, Eddie Long, Benny Hinn, or Earl Paulk. Stupid Sheeple!! Someone wants to be called a Pastor, and all of a sudden they can do no bad and we have to believe any crap they say. Please.... Religion is for the weak minded.
Close or Open

AOL

#23 Mar 28, 2008
Church(people), open your eyes. This guy(Rep or Rev) was not referring to Spitzer. He was talking about himself. How did you all let this crook make himself the CEO of your church when you have board members. Who are your board members? Which one of the board members is in this with this crook? Did he borrow the money from a loan shark or easy-money shop? Wake up church people and FIRE this crook go. You do not need to have another heated discussion and by all means, DO NOT GIVE HIM "SEVERANCE PAY". He separated himself from you all when he broke his "contract" with God and Greater New Light Missionary Baptist Church.
Lee Malone

Atlanta, GA

#24 Mar 30, 2008
His father gave me a bad check for $125.00 in 1991. He would never make it good. Then about a year later we saw him at a Braves game. He paid cash for it on the spot.
Poor representation

Dallas, TX

#25 Mar 30, 2008
How many corrupt and crooked politicians can we have here in Georgia? Ron Sailor, Bill Campbell, Shirley Franklin family, Sherry Dorsey, Sidney Dorsey, Cynthia McKinney, the Clayton County School Board, Ralph Abernathy III, Reginald Eves. When will the voters wake up?
Phantom

United States

#26 Mar 30, 2008
You forgot Vernon Jones, who has a long lost of problems!!! His farm was also used as collateral by Sailor...hmmm...birds of a feather!

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#27 Mar 30, 2008
CTK Member wrote:
GOD's hand is in this. He promised to protect us and forgive us. This to shall pass. Before you make a comment or judge Rev. Sailor.....look into your own house first. All fo us have fallen sort beofre GOD. My prayers are with Rev. Saiolr and his wife.
What a cult like mentality. How does not paying your bills and commiting a criminal act by writing bad checks have "God's hand in this"?
for real

Atlanta, GA

#28 Mar 31, 2008
CTK Member wrote:
GOD's hand is in this. He promised to protect us and forgive us. This to shall pass. Before you make a comment or judge Rev. Sailor.....look into your own house first. All fo us have fallen sort beofre GOD. My prayers are with Rev. Saiolr and his wife.
How do you feel about him now? March 31,2oo8
for real

Atlanta, GA

#29 Mar 31, 2008
How do you feel about Ron Sailor Jr. now as of March 31,2008?
for real

Atlanta, GA

#30 Mar 31, 2008
Lee Malone wrote:
His father gave me a bad check for $125.00 in 1991. He would never make it good. Then about a year later we saw him at a Braves game. He paid cash for it on the spot.
I concur, so true
MsHelpful

Mcdonough, GA

#31 Mar 31, 2008
I briefly attended this church and often times I just didn't feel the spirit. There was just too much time spent looking at the person to the left and/or right, too much time spent speaking to the person on the left/right and not enough time reading and interpreting God's Word! This man has shamed God, his father, his wife and Greater New Light Missionary Baptist Church. If he was in so much debt as he mentioned to the Judge, then why didn't he go to the church and ask the church for help. This is a case of GREED and Ron Sailor is a very sad person, maybe he has some underlying mental issues. My heart goes out to his wife and family.
MrsBailey

Mcdonough, GA

#32 Mar 31, 2008
How do you feel about Ron Sailor Jr. now as of March 31,2008?
Why wait until May 22nd for sentencing? He is quilty of a horrible crime. We might be able to understand another type of crime, but contracting with drug dealer to clean up their money? All while helping the dealers hurt our communities? Ron Sailor is a DISGRACE to his family, to God, to this church where he was pastor. Everything done in the dark will indeed come to light. Did he think he would forever get away with all of this. How sad, how sad, put him on house arrest right now!
MrsBailey

Mcdonough, GA

#33 Mar 31, 2008
Poor representation wrote:
How many corrupt and crooked politicians can we have here in Georgia? Ron Sailor, Bill Campbell, Shirley Franklin family, Sherry Dorsey, Sidney Dorsey, Cynthia McKinney, the Clayton County School Board, Ralph Abernathy III, Reginald Eves. When will the voters wake up?
There was no way for voters to know that this man was not of good character. Then once he became a State Representative, he was able to go to become a pastor and who knows what he has done in that capacity. People are not able to see the flaws if there are no flaws!
MrsBailey

Mcdonough, GA

#34 Mar 31, 2008
Phantom wrote:
Hahahaha..."Good man" Hahahahahah That's a good one.
"God's annointed" hahahahahaha That's another good one.
Just because some idiot decides to call himself "Pastor" doesn't make him special. Or if someone else who decided to call themself "Pastor" or "Bishop" decided to call this CROOK "Pastor" doesn't make him special.
He's pathetic and so is anyone who would follow someone like him, Creflo Dollar, Eddie Long, Benny Hinn, or Earl Paulk. Stupid Sheeple!! Someone wants to be called a Pastor, and all of a sudden they can do no bad and we have to believe any crap they say. Please.... Religion is for the weak minded.
You have grouped people who lack character such as Pastor Ron Sailor with people of high integrity such as Bishop Eddie Long. Bishop Long is known for doing more for people in the metropolitan Atlanta area than most pastors. He opened up the doors of his church for a funeral for the two slain Dekalb county officers earlier this year. About four or five years ago, a mother was found dead in her apartment, she died of complications with her diabetes, but her toddler daughter survived for 3 days on saltines and juice, found clinging to her mother. It was Bishop Long who started a trust fund for the child with $10,000!

Bishop Long's church helps people find jobs, find themselves, feeds people, helps at-risk youth.

Please don't group Ron Sailor with Bishop Long! It's just not fair! And in God's eyes, there's no comparison.
whatever

Athens, GA

#35 Apr 1, 2008
Well CTK you really sound like the jerk or could that be hypocrit? Quote scripture then call someone a jerk for their right to an opinion? Somewhat small minded aren't you?
CTK Member wrote:
<quoted text> you are a jerk!!!!
whatever

Athens, GA

#36 Apr 1, 2008
I believe he's a cousin of Clinton's. or could that be McKinney. And Mrs. Bailey, Mr. Long recieved plenty of recognition for his "giving" and I'll bet a good penny too.
Phantom

Oxford, GA

#37 Apr 1, 2008
I know people who USED to go to Eddie Long's church because he wouldn't help a member who was about to lose her house because she hadn't been tithing. Silly woman...putting food on her families table and not giving money to gas up Eddie's Rolls Royce.

Only an idiot would be impressed with Eddie "I buy my sermons online" Long.
Jail bird

United States

#38 Apr 4, 2008
Min Shelton Brown wrote:
I foolishly support Pastor Ron Sailor he is a failed man, lying pastor and corrupt politician. This to shall pass.
It will pass when his prison sentence is up.
One man crime wave

United States

#40 May 9, 2008
Ayanna Jenkins-Toney wrote:
The man I knew many years ago would never have done anything like this....it is quite possible that he found himself in a situation, with his back against the wall, and the undercover agents offer was just too much for him to turn away from. I am not condoning his behavior....I am simply saying that entrapment is not the same as someone going out and seeking to break the law. As far as the other accusations are concerned they are allegations nothing more he has not been charged with any additional crimes other than the money laundering which as mentioned was an undercover operation. At least he has accepted fault. Ron Sailor is a good man that made a serious mistake.
Apparently you have not kept up with the story. Ron Sailor had a lot of people fooled. His criminal interprise was a closely guarded secret until revealed by the authorities and the press. His father before him had numerous legal problems after he was finally exposed. The 'good man' you talk about is the mark of a con man who gains people's trust and maneuvers himself into a position where he is able to take advantage of his friends and associates.
Former Member

Phenix City, AL

#41 May 13, 2008
I used to be a member of Christ the King for approximately 2 years. I really enjoyed myself because I was trying to get the word and no one was asking me for money every Sunday. When all of this garbage started, I tried to be fair and listen to both sides. When he was first arrested and he apologized, it sounded good at that time. By Sunday, I knew I had to find another church. How many times are you going to get caught with your hand in the cookie jar before someone smacks it? I'm done. The man may know the Bible, but the devil knew the Bible too!!!
Inmate Sailor

United States

#42 May 13, 2008
Poor representation wrote:
The upcoming elections will fill Ron Sailor's old seat. Sailor's crimes have caught up to him. He is finished as a politician.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norcross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mysterious Ga. Monument Fuels Conspiracy Theories (May '11) 2 hr tourist 22
Time Magazine Covers Offend Millions With Kanye... 3 hr Culture Auditor 1
TBN Boots Jack Van Impe False Prophet (Jun '11) 3 hr TRUEBELIEVER 119
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr TN Voter 19,848
News Protestors gather to support Atlanta educators ... 4 hr Go Blue Forever 16
Why Mr. Chatman 31 May Have Been Shot In Front ... 5 hr Red_Dragon 10
Local Politics Do you approve of Donna Pittman as Mayor? (Oct '11) 7 hr lue 42
More from around the web

Norcross People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]