Schwarzenegger mocks Yucaipa lawmaker...

Schwarzenegger mocks Yucaipa lawmaker's bill

There are 25 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Oct 2, 2010, titled Schwarzenegger mocks Yucaipa lawmaker's bill. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

Last year, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger sent a profane - but hidden - message when he vetoed a bill by Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, D-San Francisco.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Torrance, CA

#1 Oct 2, 2010
If this guy was a Democrat this would have been a huge deal. However he is a Republican and all the kool-aid drinkers will come out of the woodwork to go after Arnie for vetoing a bill that was completely useless. I think your a putz Gov., but think this is really funny.
Bob

Hesperia, CA

#2 Oct 2, 2010
"I cannot help but think there is some other motive as to why the veto message was written the way that it was," he said.

Gee, could it be that with the state $19 billion in the hole and months behind deadline in getting a budget, when we are laying off teachers and furloughing state workers, that the governor was frustrated that the legislature thought two wayward apostrophes justified burning state money? Do we really need to be wasting legislative resources on such an unimportant (if grammatically correct) change?

While the money that was spent is now wasted, and the pesky mispunctuation is still with us, I think maybe Arnold thought this was a message that needed to be sent. I agree. What does it take to get these jokers to focus on the real problems?
pde88

Yucaipa, CA

#3 Oct 3, 2010
ASS. P. Cook !! Your an IDIOT< and who stuck you in office or oroffice !!
Madhatter50

Pelham, AL

#4 Oct 3, 2010
Schwarzenegger's stupidity is reflected in his response to this ridiculous wasteful bill. Where was his leadership during this bill? Why did he not weigh in before all the time and monies were wasted? Guess being an actor does not translate into being a politician. I voted for him once, against him once and then left the state. I expect professionalism form my leaders. Not childish remarks shown how stupid Schwarzenegger really is. The country's only true acting governor. Now apologize to Assemblyman Cook.
DumbDemocrats

Canyon Country, CA

#5 Oct 3, 2010
Cook just took money out of the system for this? and people are on Schwarzenegger? This is the idocy of the times. Understand this, this took time and money to put together. Make no mistake.... time and money were used by this Cook guy. What a waste of time and energy, yet.... Democrats try to make the Governator look bad, haha. Hipocrits.
Oncle Willie

Victorville, CA

#6 Oct 3, 2010
Bob wrote:
If this guy was a Democrat this would have been a huge deal. However he is a Republican and all the kool-aid drinkers will come out of the woodwork to go after Arnie for vetoing a bill that was completely useless. I think your a putz Gov., but think this is really funny.
Kool-aide drinkers applies to liberals and was first used to describe their conduct by a conservative commentator. How usual for it to be misappropriated by liberals.

Governor Schwarzenegger vetoed it, at this time, because it was a message to stop wasting time when the budget has yet to be approved. It wasn't about the work but when the work was done. Good for Governor Schwarzenegger.
Oncle Willie

Victorville, CA

#7 Oct 3, 2010
Madhatter50 wrote:
Schwarzenegger's stupidity is reflected in his response to this ridiculous wasteful bill. Where was his leadership during this bill?
If Governor Schwarzenegger had "interfered" with the legislative process I have no doubt you would have been screaming about the freedom of the legislature. The Office of the Governor and the two houses of the legislature are separate and if you had been awake in high school you would have known that.
Bob

Torrance, CA

#8 Oct 3, 2010
Oncle Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Kool-aide drinkers applies to liberals and was first used to describe their conduct by a conservative commentator. How usual for it to be misappropriated by liberals.
Governor Schwarzenegger vetoed it, at this time, because it was a message to stop wasting time when the budget has yet to be approved. It wasn't about the work but when the work was done. Good for Governor Schwarzenegger.
Um..... Wrong again righty. The phrase don't drink the Kool-aid came into Vogue in the American lexicon after the Jamestown massacre. People started using the phrase because well they killed themselves by drinking laced Kool-Aid. I don't like Arnie, never have. I am not a Democrat or Republican. I just find it funny is all. I also find it funny how conservatives high-jack common phrases and act like it was all their idea. You have attempted to give conservative's credit for term Don't Drink the Kool-Aid. At the same conservative christains high jacked WWJD. Which was created by a Baptist Minister in the south who was fighting for civil rights. Oh yea I can't help but wonder did you mean Uncle Willie not Oncle Willie?
Bob

Torrance, CA

#9 Oct 3, 2010
Pardon me that is Jonestown Massacre not Jamestown which was one of the reasons for the war for independence.
Arrowhead Farms

San Bernardino, CA

#10 Oct 3, 2010
I hate Arnie and this is the first time I have ever agreed with him. This bill should have never gotten as far as it did. What a waste.
DENNIS OF REDLANDS

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Oct 3, 2010
Here we are at the end of his term,and he finely shows some intelligence!
Edward3

Yucaipa, CA

#12 Oct 3, 2010
This is typical. Paul Cook needs to be shown the exit on November 2nd. Carl Wood will not waste the taxpayers hard earned money on stupid things. Cook has continued to vote for education cuts adding to nearly $19 billion over the last few years. These cuts hurt all of the students in our k-12 schools and the California State University system and Junior Colleges. These are the future leaders of this state and deserve the best education we can provide. Remember to vote for Carl Wood for the 65th Assembly District on Nov. 2nd. It is time to send Paul Cook to retirement.
Edward3

Yucaipa, CA

#13 Oct 3, 2010
FYI -Paul Cook is a Republican, just like Schwarzenegger. People who make stupid statements based on their political party viewpoints, and not facts, make themselves look ridiculous.
PROUD TO BE AMERICAN

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Oct 3, 2010
Governor Schwarzenegger is 100% correct on this one.
Cook

Canyon Country, CA

#15 Oct 3, 2010
He was proud to be a marine... A 4 and a half day marine... he golfed on the other half... Time to go.. Cook promised the last two elections to do something about immigration... He can't keep a promise!
TurtleDove

Hacienda Heights, CA

#16 Oct 4, 2010
Ok..........so why did "cleaning up" grammar cost thousands Mr. Cook?
1km Sniper

Montgomery, AL

#17 Oct 4, 2010
Mr Cook - the DOOR!
Tori

Signal Hill, CA

#18 Oct 4, 2010
Bob wrote:
It is funny!! It also shows why we need a part-time legislature!
socalsaint

Ontario, CA

#19 Oct 4, 2010
Oncle Willie wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the term Kool-Aid drinkers, or drinking the Kool-Aid came from the Jim Jones cult mass suicide(Guyana Tragedy)where everyone followed the direction of one person, which led to their death. Just like one sheep leading the rest of the herd off a cliff.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#20 Oct 4, 2010
# of years WASTED in CA with Arnold in charge: 7

# of years of an inept, incompetent, pathetic excuse of an OLD actor, impersonating a governor: 7

# of days till we are rid of the above: 90-any may they go very, VERY FAST!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Brew In 35,547
News Upland teacher's sex abuse case will now go to ... (Apr '10) Feb 14 Kornho Granny 20
News Californians voted to spend billions on more wa... Feb 12 Solarman 1
News Rancho Cucamonga residents given new rules for ... (Jan '09) Feb 10 Deacon Henry Banks 40
News Parents, care providers criticize Inland Region... (Sep '10) Feb 9 Jaffer Jamil 24
To Annhltr Feb 7 Whats status 1
Norco Music Thread (Jan '14) Dec '17 Anthony Fremont 4

Norco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Norco Mortgages