Review: Drain Rite Plumbing

Review: Drain Rite Plumbing

Posted in the Norco Forum

PMM007

Aiea, HI

#1 May 9, 2013
John Opitz is a thief, a thug, scam artist, black mailer and extortionist. If you have a leak or a burst pipe you look in the Pennysaver and call Drain Rite Plumbing (owner John Opitz) He is the very first listing, he is in cahoots with Pennysaver and has paid Yelp to hide all his bad reviews which are stored under "filtered reviews". His well trained con-artist plumber shows up to give you a free estimate and says that he will not only fix the leak but that he is also a General Contractor and will do all the collateral work like fix the dry wall, carpet, new paint etc etc all the while he has no intention of doing any such thing. He also tells you that this is an insurance claim and that he will give you a discount from his profit so you don't have to even pay the deductible, in other words no out of pocket expense. He then asks you to call your insurance and get him a claim number while he fixes the leak and cleans up the mess. In some cases he will ask for a small amount for fixing the leak and in some cases he will skip that. He will then have you sign a bunch of forms/ contracts and if you refuse to sign then they will just forge your signatures later in their office. Armed with the claim no. he goes to the boss's house and gives it to John Opitz. Opitz prepares a huge fictitious invoice (very professionally done) for services and materials/ parts that he did not even render and then goes over and above your head and bills your insurance directly. Some insurance co.s will fall for the trick and mail him a check directly and he has hit the jackpot. Con Successful. Other insurance COs will call you to verify or some will mail you a check not him while the insurance adjuster has either seen the damage or is still working on coming over to inspect the damage.

Drain Rite will not mail you a copy of the invoice but just a statement with a "past due" red stamp on it. In that case you will call Drain Rite and yell at them for the fraudulent bill/ statement. They will ignore your calls and threaten to file a mechanics lien on your house. He will send you a notice using "Caprenos" in San Diego and then he will go to the county and get the lien recorded. To fight all this you will need to hire a lawyer, waste a lot of time and so some folks will just surrender and pay him. Others will ignore the lien and then when they are about to sell the house and you are in "escrow" you find out about the lien and have to find John Opitz who will then black mail you for a fortune above and beyond the lien amount to give you a release so you can sell your house. In every situation "John Opitz" walks away smiling all the way to the bank. A very smooth and sophisticated scam.

If you call Drain Rite to fix a leaky faucet, or a sink or a running toilet or blocked drain they will not run this scam, this scam is perfected only for "Insurance claim" jobs and they are using this con-model to rip-off old ladies, widows and seniors mostly but anyone is a target.
Another Victim of John Op

Claremont, CA

#2 Nov 27, 2013
John Optiz plays a game - a game that ruins his clients and customers and makes him incredibly wealthy. I personally never really believed real people could be so deliberately evil, but John preys on those who have had disasters in their homes and then stalks them for weeks and months after the incident with inflated bills. The bills are so outrageous, most people will end up being sued by John for the rest of payment. He knows how to intimidate and continually stalk his customers for money - he is aggressive, there are many cases where people will give in, not fight the lien he will place on your home and will try to settle in court. For your own sake, if you are reading this, please go with someone else for your services. Don't let John Opitz into your home.
CJJ07

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Sep 16, 2014
I am a victim as well. He re-pipe our house without permit and was never completed as it need to. At the end, I have to pay additional for the re-pipe. Now he demand for my insurance money which I did not pay him for the incomplete job. We will go to court to fight the case against him. For those of you who are a victim, don't back down and give him the money without going through the court. If you do so, he will continue to do the same for the others who afraid of dealing with it. This is how he get his money. If you step up and fight for it, you are not only fight for yourself, you also help the others so that he will be out of business and not able to find other victim. For pre-lien, he has no right to take into active lien until the court order to. So, when you see the pre-lien letter, you don't have to worry and afraid. If he decided to sue you, just go to the court with him and demand him to pay for the lawyer's fee. He will lost most of it specially he did your job without any city permit. At the end, consult with a lawyer first. The most important is don't be afraid and stand up with your belief.
Norco resident

Orange, CA

#5 Feb 17, 2015
BEWARE somehow this crook's company Drain Rite made it on the Norconian's Forum as a recommended plumbing company and I shared his contact info with my neighbor who needed a broken underground pipe fixed in their home. They are very nice initially, until your adjuster questions the repairs then they refuse to give homeowners a detailed breakdown. When the homeowner follows up they are nice, but quickly become agitated and rude, when in fact they are the criminals. NEVER LET DRAIN RITE OR FULL SERVICE PLUMBING INYOUR HOUSE. They send overinflated invoices and include charges for work they never do and drive unmarked vans as they change their company name constantly. Help us spread the word and put this crook out of business p,ease repost in all public forums. The owner is John Ortiz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Calstrip Building Facility at Blytheville Sat commenters 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 35,922
News Cowardly animals (Feb '10) May 18 Sandy Tanner 3
Vote Lara Gressley DA May 16 Vote Lara Gressle... 1
News Man who died after struggle with Fontana police... (Jul '10) May 14 Adelio servellon_Son 85
Corona National Golf Course (Feb '08) May 1 Anonymous 2
Norco Music Thread (Jan '14) Dec '17 Anthony Fremont 4

Norco Jobs

Personal Finance

Norco Mortgages