Census Bureau seeks part-timers in Vacaville area

Jan 27, 2010 Read more: The Reporter 15
In a time where jobs are scarce, the U.S. Census Bureau has come knocking. Offering competitive wages for part-time work, the agency is gearing up for the 2010 Census and is looking to hire 12,000 people from within Solano, Yolo, Sutter, Colusa and Yuba counties. Read more
GITC

Napa, CA

#1 Jan 27, 2010
One little ACORN is all it takes.
Crumbs

Jackson, OH

#2 Jan 27, 2010
Hope the census worker does not mind the sound from my shotgun loading when they knock at my door. I don't trust anyone without at least a doctorate knocking at my door. If everyone in California had a degree we would have no criminals in this state according to the liberals.
mr jones

Anderson, CA

#3 Jan 27, 2010
end unemployment now !!!
Sulu

Saratoga, CA

#4 Jan 27, 2010
Will those with affiliation to ACORN be excluded? Can illegals be hired legally to take Census?
Shultz

Saratoga, CA

#5 Jan 27, 2010
mr jones wrote:
end unemployment now !!!
Then get rid of Liberals in government! How's that hope and change workin' out for ya all? Not certain? Listen to my next performance, saying lots, but accomplishing nothing, tonight at 6PM!

-Golden State's job cuts in '09 worst in years
By Rachel Raskin-Zrihen / Times-Herald staff writer and George Avalos / MediaNews Group
Posted: 01/23/2010 01:02:54 AM PST

www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_14253568

-Home Depot to lay off 1,000
By MAE ANDERSON, AP Retail Writer
Tuesday, January 26, 2010

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...

-Woodland school district could axe 80 positions
Associate superintendent estimates about 30 teachers, 40 classified staff
By Erin Tracy
Created: 01/22/2010 02:30:11 AM PST

www.dailydemocrat.com/ci_14245687

-State Republicans: Boxer now vulnerable
By Josh Richman/Medianews Group
Created: 01/25/2010 02:30:35 AM PST

www.dailydemocrat.com/ci_14262497...
Cedric

Saratoga, CA

#6 Jan 27, 2010
Will those with questionable reputations, such as a felony conviction, be excluded from employment in such a serious matter as information collection? Of course, criminal background checks will be conducted?
Prodigal Son

Newark, CA

#7 Jan 27, 2010
Cedric and Sulu raise valid points. Will the census takers be required to undergo a background check--a police check at the very least--and must they be U.S. citizens?

That information should have been in the article.
Crumbs

Jackson, OH

#8 Jan 27, 2010
Requirements for applicants must:

Be a citizen of the United States.
Speak and write English well.
Pass 30 minute written test.
Willing to work days, evenings and weekends.
Be able to persuade people to participate in surveys.
Have a car, valid driver's license and private telephone line.
Employment Eligibility Verification Form, I-9, if hired.

nothing about being able to pass a criminal background check.
Crumbs

Jackson, OH

#9 Jan 27, 2010
Employment Eligibility Verification Form, I-9

The purpose of this form is to document that each new employee (both citizen and non-citizen) hired after November 6, 1986 is authorized to work in the United States.
GITC

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2010
Don't participate. If the illegals don't, why should the rest of us who are legal?
gary

Kapolei, HI

#11 Jan 27, 2010
Kinda curious. Local Census Office Manager Mick Pettengille, Census Bureau Office Operations Recruiting Supervisor Christina Mireless, and Recruiting Assistant Matthew Taylor - So are they full time employees? What do they do during the nine years between the census years? Work in the federal government system? For ACORN? Or what? And how many other managers & assistant managers, etc.?

Again, just wondering. But than I wonder why UPS and FedX deliver to my neighborhood but our US Postal Service cannot! They claim are addresses do not exist. Hmmmmmmm, and they feel they can do better with healthcare. Oops, getting off subject here.
Guess What

Fairfield, CA

#13 Jan 27, 2010
Answer that everybody in the household is the "N" category. Since there is no cost effective test to prove you are not, why not. It will send the Libs over the edge!
anon

Vacaville, CA

#14 Jan 27, 2010
12 comments and not one contribute to the conversation...illegals, blah blah blah. Return the form and you won't have someone knocking on your door. And who really cares who they hire it's a part time one time job.
gary

Kapolei, HI

#15 Jan 28, 2010
anon wrote:
12 comments and not one contribute to the conversation...illegals, blah blah blah. Return the form and you won't have someone knocking on your door. And who really cares who they hire it's a part time one time job.
Speaking only for me. I have no problem sending the form back. But I doubt I will get one. As stated in an earlier post, Postal Service claims my address does not exist. Although FedX and UPS have no problem finding me.

And I don't care who they hire, I was just asking about the bosses. Who are they? Full time, or what?

Since: Oct 08

Solano County

#16 Jan 28, 2010
Crumbs wrote:
Requirements for applicants must:
Be a citizen of the United States.
Speak and write English well.
Pass 30 minute written test.
Willing to work days, evenings and weekends.
Be able to persuade people to participate in surveys.
Have a car, valid driver's license and private telephone line.
Employment Eligibility Verification Form, I-9, if hired.
nothing about being able to pass a criminal background check.
As an applicant, they do actually do a basic background check, checking particularly for felony offenses. It's mentioned while taking the written test, which you have to pass in order for them to be interested in any way.

Someone else asked a question about who the "bosses" are. Supervisors are also temporary employees, and are required to take an additional test in order to be considered. They are not regular government employees for the most part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Noorvik Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the new way to date online!! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Simonne Stanbaugh 1
findadate (Sep '13) Sep '13 Emma Hasstedt 1
News Archaeologists uncover 200-year-old Alaska village (Aug '13) Aug '13 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
News With money and politics at stake, US census for... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Eltorro 7
News 2010 Census Sets Out For Frigid Alaskan Fringe (Jan '10) Jan '10 Cassandra in Minn... 1
News Noorvik overturns century-old ban on traditiona... (Nov '09) Jan '10 blue_zinc 3
More from around the web

Noorvik People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]