haunted panhandle
Sigh

United States

#21 Sep 15, 2011
ya know what wrote:
Guess if I were a ghost hunter...(which I'm not) lol! I'd go out to the old place where the Carnley Murders took place wey back. Anybody out there know or remember that horror that made headlines in Bonifay?....The whole family except for the baby boy was killed with an axe by an escape convict. The convict was found and killed soon after the crime......My Dad had helped carry out the bodies of the victims and he said it truly was a bloodbath inside that house.
Ira Carnley and his 2 yr old daughter were both killed. His wife and their other two children survived but were badly beaten. The wife gave the description of the murderer.

Frank Peterson, a 27 yr old black man, was charged and convicted for the 2 murders. He was not an escapee. He had been released from a state camp the day before the murders. After the murders he left to NY and was eventually extradited back to FL. The murders took place June 11, 1958 and Frank was convicted Feb 1959
Halloween King

United States

#22 Nov 16, 2011
You should all be careful what you go looking for. You might just have something follow you home that your not gonna like. Somethings are better left alone. Especially if you have no idea what your dealing with. Trust me. I know.
ugly

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#23 Nov 19, 2011
i was passing through bonifay to get gas i feel sorry for you people i never seen so many ugly people in one place good thing they still make paper bags
OMG

Irvington, AL

#24 Nov 20, 2011
ugly wrote:
i was passing through bonifay to get gas i feel sorry for you people i never seen so many ugly people in one place good thing they still make paper bags
Your real name must be DICK........
wolfandwolfer

Pensacola, FL

#25 Dec 30, 2012
Halloween King wrote:
You should all be careful what you go looking for. You might just have something follow you home that your not gonna like. Somethings are better left alone. Especially if you have no idea what your dealing with. Trust me. I know.
i grew p there and was related i can show u the property
Halloween King

Miramar Beach, FL

#26 Dec 30, 2012
Be careful what you go looking for. It might just follow you home.
very true

Bonifay, FL

#27 Jan 2, 2013
ya know what wrote:
Guess if I were a ghost hunter...(which I'm not) lol! I'd go out to the old place where the Carnley Murders took place wey back. Anybody out there know or remember that horror that made headlines in Bonifay?....The whole family except for the baby boy was killed with an axe by an escape convict. The convict was found and killed soon after the crime......My Dad had helped carry out the bodies of the victims and he said it truly was a bloodbath inside that house.
True story, the infant wasn't killed but was left for dead, the infants brother actually hovered over him and saved him.
very true

Bonifay, FL

#28 Jan 2, 2013
Halloween King wrote:
I agree with u on that one
I think

Bonifay, FL

#29 Jan 2, 2013
Maybe someone can give exact location, but supposedly there is a church in either caryville, our Defuniak, that is haunted, past the rr tracks, I heard at night there is hand paints that are bloody on walls, ceiling, etc. Jus hear say, might be something to check into, take ur flash light, don't go alone.
DrX

United States

#30 Jun 2, 2013
Heard about an old prison or workcamp near hwy 2 .does anyone know anything about this sight?
Yep

Panama City Beach, FL

#31 Jun 3, 2013
DrX wrote:
Heard about an old prison or workcamp near hwy 2 .does anyone know anything about this sight?
Been there years ago...wasn't really much to it. Y'all should check out the Bellamy bridge. That place is cool!
church sitghting

Willard, NC

#32 Jun 17, 2013
I think wrote:
Maybe someone can give exact location, but supposedly there is a church in either caryville, our Defuniak, that is haunted, past the rr tracks, I heard at night there is hand paints that are bloody on walls, ceiling, etc. Jus hear say, might be something to check into, take ur flash light, don't go alone.
This is very true about the small church baby hand prints of blood are every just need to read about the killing
Books R Us

Alford, FL

#33 Aug 1, 2013
ya know what wrote:
Truth is at least 3 children and the mother survived...I lived near this family, and went to school with the children.
witness

Cape Coral, FL

#34 Oct 25, 2013
ya know what wrote:
I have heard people that lived there say they have heard a girl crying from the bathroom... they also say many other things have happened in that house. Granted this was more than one person with the same stories. I have rode up to that house at night, it gives me the straight creeps, when we pulled in the house was unoccupied and the water pump outside kicked on. There was noone living there for quite some time so I was definitely freaked out and we left right then.
Property owner

Ponce De Leon, FL

#35 Oct 26, 2013
witness wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard people that lived there say they have heard a girl crying from the bathroom... they also say many other things have happened in that house. Granted this was more than one person with the same stories. I have rode up to that house at night, it gives me the straight creeps, when we pulled in the house was unoccupied and the water pump outside kicked on. There was noone living there for quite some time so I was definitely freaked out and we left right then.
There's only a field there now. The well where the murder weapon was found was filled in years ago. Nothing scary about that place.
hunting ghost

United States

#36 Oct 30, 2013
If you really want to get some activity the old hard labor church on hard labor rd. In Washington county
. Caught evp of something saying "get out" can hear growling and also very evil feelings there. Will never go back not even in the day light.
Scary

Miramar Beach, FL

#37 Feb 17, 2015
ya know what wrote:
ABSOLUTELY.. I heard about it from the carnley son himself who was in the house when it happened. So awful.so sad..
tell me

United States

#38 Feb 21, 2015
Halloween King wrote:
do tell.. please. I'm intrigued by experiences.
Bungalow

United States

#39 Feb 23, 2015
we todd did wrote:
I know that there are other people around here that like to go for that occasional "ghost hunt"......I know I have my stories so I thought it would be cool to hear some of yalls stories!!!!!! And maybe give me a spot to go that I have not been!!
I was told there is a little white church between Noma and Wright's creek rd on left up a two trail. People have heard foot steps and glass breaking.... it's a old old church. History is black people were hung on property.
Bungalow

United States

#40 Feb 23, 2015
Sigh wrote:
<quoted text>
Ira Carnley and his 2 yr old daughter were both killed. His wife and their other two children survived but were badly beaten. The wife gave the description of the murderer.
Frank Peterson, a 27 yr old black man, was charged and convicted for the 2 murders. He was not an escapee. He had been released from a state camp the day before the murders. After the murders he left to NY and was eventually extradited back to FL. The murders took place June 11, 1958 and Frank was convicted Feb 1959
Actually... He was still in jail, when he spotted the house. Mrs Carney Hess been hanging clothes on the line outside the day before. The inmates were cleaning and clearing ditches, and the innate spotted her. He then was released and went back, cut screen and went in. Beat her so badly she remembered nothing. She was suppose to have died. She had traumatic brain damage and had to stay in mental hospital long time. Didn't even know who her children were. Very awful situation. Sicko

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Noma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holmes co cant get it right Nov 25 stacked and 3
Lisa Carter Nov 21 Someone 8
Shane Hamilton (May '15) Nov 19 Victim 36
Bank of America mortgages in Bonifay Nov 6 Make America Great 4
News Bethlehem Shooting Leaves One Man Dead and Anot... (Mar '07) Sep '15 sierra_1214 3
News Dirt road repairs delayed due to FEMA (Sep '13) Sep '13 mary hopkins 1
fake id (Dec '12) Dec '12 flakitachica21 1

Noma Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Noma Mortgages