searching for an acquaintance from th...

searching for an acquaintance from the 1990's

Posted in the Nokomis Forum

Gail Wayne Moore

Jacksonville, IL

#1 Jun 11, 2011
I am trying to locate an old acquaintance from many years ago. I can no longer recall her name, but I can supply a few details from our meeting in Nokomis. When we met we were both in our 40's and I have had no contact with her since that time. She was living with her son in a mobil home in town. We ate lunch at a local restaurant ( I belive in the downtown area). The person I am looking for was a widow and a member of one of the churches in Nokomis. We were both searching for a christian person to date. I believe her husband had been killed perhaps in an accident, and she had one son( about 10 or 11) when I met her. I believe she may have inherited some farm land from her father or husband because she mentioned something to me about wanting to keep the farm if and when she met someone that she wanted to date. She was very set on finding someone that would attend church with her. She was very interested in art and I think she may have entered something in the art fair in Springfield at that time. She worked for quite some time for Horace Mann in Springfield, Ill. We did not date again because of the distance for us to go to meet(about 2 1/2 hours).That was a decision I have regretted for the last 20 years. I have searched many times for this person but have not been able to contact anyone who knows who she is. I have no idea if she is still alive or remarried or even where she lives now, but I would like very much to contact her if she would be agreeable to that meeting. I realize I am grasping at straws here, but without a name I don't know what else to try. I have prayed for years to be able to find her again, and I would be eternally grateful for any help or info that anyone can give me. I am leaving a contact number if anyone has any info to help me find her. I do not want to cause her any trouble or interfere with her life if she is married. I would just really like the chance to tell her how I feel. If anyone that sees this knows her please tell her about the post and give her my contact info. I do not want to contact her unless she wants me to. Thanks so much for the help in finding my lost friend, and God bless anyone that may be able to help. You can email me at mooreibew2@mchsi.com I would prefer not to give out my phone number unless she asks for it. Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I will keep my fingers crossed and trust God for a reply.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nokomis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nokomis Police department (Sep '14) Oct '14 Aaron 2
#ShanaMarieJaros (Sep '14) Sep '14 DianaRenai 2
josh smothers (Aug '14) Aug '14 just woundering 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 newpoly 35
Jim and Robin Hayes (Mar '14) Mar '14 itsok2bme 1
Heather Tolberd (Jul '11) Mar '14 itsok2bme 2
Bricker (May '13) May '13 guest 1
More from around the web

Nokomis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE