Police Surrounding Man Holed Up In Nokomis, IL Business

There are 12 comments on the Dec 16, 2009, Fox2Now story titled Police Surrounding Man Holed Up In Nokomis, IL Business. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

In Nokomis, Illinois, parts of Main Street have been evacuated as officers try to negotiate with an armed man who is in a building on the corner of Route 16 and Spruce, in Montgomery County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

Angela Farooqui

Malden, MO

#1 Dec 16, 2009
This is my hometown and I am so surprised by this. I have alot of friends and family there. I hope everyone is ok
Erin

Mattoon, IL

#2 Dec 16, 2009
Everyone is ok. They set off a few flashbangs and some gas which got him out and no one was harmed.
Kathryn

Mattoon, IL

#3 Dec 16, 2009
I go to school in nokomis and i was so surprised and scared!!! Demis Diner is so quite but it is wierd how that happened!!!!:(
Karla

Auburn, IL

#4 Dec 16, 2009
Wow.. wonder when they will release the name. Wonder if it's anyone that I knew. That is my home town as well. Never expected this to happen in that small town.
Sherri

Mattoon, IL

#5 Dec 16, 2009
i grew up in witt and i have family in nokomis. i just can't believe this would happen...i'm glad nobody got hurt. it's going to be a hot topic around that little town though.
tina

Jerseyville, IL

#6 Dec 16, 2009
i grew up in that area. have family and friends there. it is always so quiet. would have never thought someone would be held up there like that. it just goes to show it can happen anywhere!!
chunkk

Taylorville, IL

#7 Dec 16, 2009
I live in Nokomis i thought there was something strange about him since he moved here.
Erin

Mattoon, IL

#8 Dec 16, 2009
It was the owner of Demis (Can't think of his name) and he wasn't in the building he was in his car in the alley on the side of the diner. Thankfully nobody got hurt. My grandma lives across from the post office which is pretty much right there. We eat there all the time.
wanda scott

Pana, IL

#9 Dec 16, 2009
I worked for them for 5 yrs. Jessie, the man who did this is a pretty good guy. His wife on the other hand (Sue) is the crazy one. I can tell some stories...I think she finally drove him nuts...
Jake Leonard

Mattoon, IL

#10 Dec 17, 2009
One theory going around Nokomis is that Sue wants a divorce; another is that someone else wants the restaurant - theories keep being circulating around town.....who knows - both might be true in what made Jessie went nuts.

He was willing to give me a try working for him; it was after three days of dealing with Sue is why I quit, she didn't fire me!
AbsGirl

Flushing, NY

#11 Jan 12, 2010
He was in the building. If he was in the car it would of been a different take down. Oh well he isn't there now. I live there and for 8 years you know it's one of those towns that are low on crime. If there is we never really hear about it.
Faceums

Mattoon, IL

#12 Feb 27, 2010
He wasn't in the building, he was in the car. I have personal knowledge from responders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nokomis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nokomis Police department (Sep '14) Oct '14 Aaron 2
#ShanaMarieJaros (Sep '14) Sep '14 DianaRenai 2
josh smothers (Aug '14) Aug '14 just woundering 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jun '14 newpoly 35
Jim and Robin Hayes (Mar '14) Mar '14 itsok2bme 1
Heather Tolberd (Jul '11) Mar '14 itsok2bme 2
Bricker (May '13) May '13 guest 1
More from around the web

Nokomis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE