Out of Nowhere

United States

#61 Oct 21, 2011
To You have my vote: study your last sentence in post #60 and learn from it.
You have my vote

Morgan, TX

#62 Oct 21, 2011
Out of Nowhere wrote:
To You have my vote: study your last sentence in post #60 and learn from it.
Actually, the last statement in #60 was to point out to you that your second statement in #59 was a bit unfair; consequently, I hope that you contemplate the last statement in my post #60 and take advantage of the message in the goodhearted spirit in which it was presented.
wildcat

Tyler, TX

#63 Oct 22, 2011
You have my vote wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that "tight wad" meant for the amount to be more metaphorical than literal. Simply put, I interpreted that particular post to mean that education is a much better investment than is athletics. Consequently, in a depressed economy, the money must be put where it will do the most good. Education serves all as opposed to athletics which serves a select few.
In conclusion, an individual should not attempt to assess the intellect of another individual based upon on a few comments in a blog.
I wasn't assessing your intellect, rather your ignorance. They are two very different things. And it is funny that you think that athletics is just a money drain on a small community. First off its serves as entertainment for the community. Next if you use it correctly it can bring your community closer together. Lastly I would challenge that P.E. is more of a money drain. Your have to pay the teachers the full amount of their contract rather than a stipend amount like coaches. You still have to have equipment and facilities. And you don't have games to help pay for those things. Maybe every kid should participate in athletics and do away with P.E. than every parent should support their kid in whatever they do even if its water-boy or trainer, and then gates at all activities would increase and your athletics would generate money for your school in a tight economy and good even help keep your favorite teachers. That statement was just as an outrageous hypothetical as "tight wad"'s and yours.
You have my vote

Morgan, TX

#64 Oct 22, 2011
wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't assessing your intellect, rather your ignorance. They are two very different things. And it is funny that you think that athletics is just a money drain on a small community. First off its serves as entertainment for the community. Next if you use it correctly it can bring your community closer together. Lastly I would challenge that P.E. is more of a money drain. Your have to pay the teachers the full amount of their contract rather than a stipend amount like coaches. You still have to have equipment and facilities. And you don't have games to help pay for those things. Maybe every kid should participate in athletics and do away with P.E. than every parent should support their kid in whatever they do even if its water-boy or trainer, and then gates at all activities would increase and your athletics would generate money for your school in a tight economy and good even help keep your favorite teachers. That statement was just as an outrageous hypothetical as "tight wad"'s and yours.
Personally, I am not entertained by concussions and broken bones. Each to his own!
Turkey Breath

Morgan, TX

#65 Oct 22, 2011
wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
Wildcat, I hate to tell you this, but I don't really buy any of your passionate arguments. Calling someone ignorant over a disagreement about football is a bit excessive. Peace, man!
wildcat

Tyler, TX

#66 Oct 22, 2011
Turkey Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Wildcat, I hate to tell you this, but I don't really buy any of your passionate arguments. Calling someone ignorant over a disagreement about football is a bit excessive. Peace, man!
Ignorance applies to all of us, I would even say I am ignorant on a lot of subjects. I am even ignorant when it comes to the finances at nocona high school. I haven't looked at their books. I don't know how much they make on each sport or lose, I don't know how much each teacher and coach makes, although I do know its not 70,000 for many in the state of Texas. I also don't know what each teachers performance was as far as education and standardized testing. That's why I leave it to the ones that are more invested to make those decisions for me. And I certainly won't criticize them without knowing the facts.
Reality checker

Morgan, TX

#67 Oct 23, 2011
wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance applies to all of us, I would even say I am ignorant on a lot of subjects. I am even ignorant when it comes to the finances at nocona high school. I haven't looked at their books. I don't know how much they make on each sport or lose, I don't know how much each teacher and coach makes, although I do know its not 70,000 for many in the state of Texas. I also don't know what each teachers performance was as far as education and standardized testing. That's why I leave it to the ones that are more invested to make those decisions for me. And I certainly won't criticize them without knowing the facts.
If I read correctly, you started this discussion with your criticism of athletics in 42. It is odd to me that you say on one hand that you will not criticize because you do not know all of the facts, but in reality, you did criticize even though you were careful to stay away from specific details by placing the larger blame on the "culture" which is just a way of being negative without incurring the wrath of those who support our kids, teams, and coaches. Criticism is criticism, man-up. I do believe that you also spoke negatively about Nocona's education in general when you carefully pointed out schools who not only have good athletic programs but who also excel in academics.

I am all for you expressing your opinions, but I think that you should admit that you do criticize even though you may not be as blatant with your remarks as others are with their remarks.
Turkey Breath

Morgan, TX

#68 Oct 23, 2011
wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and worry about your Bowie school's problems!!
wildcat

Tyler, TX

#69 Oct 24, 2011
Reality checker wrote:
<quoted text>
If I read correctly, you started this discussion with your criticism of athletics in 42. It is odd to me that you say on one hand that you will not criticize because you do not know all of the facts, but in reality, you did criticize even though you were careful to stay away from specific details by placing the larger blame on the "culture" which is just a way of being negative without incurring the wrath of those who support our kids, teams, and coaches. Criticism is criticism, man-up. I do believe that you also spoke negatively about Nocona's education in general when you carefully pointed out schools who not only have good athletic programs but who also excel in academics.
I am all for you expressing your opinions, but I think that you should admit that you do criticize even though you may not be as blatant with your remarks as others are with their remarks.
Is it supportive to be so negative all the time about the coaches, school board, the rest of the administration, and financial spending. All I am saying quit waiting for the right circumstances to happen and make your school successful. Create the right atmosphere and work along side with the ones you have and you can create a successful school. I don't think that what I am saying is a bad thing. I just don't think its what you wanna hear.
wildcat

Tyler, TX

#70 Oct 24, 2011
Turkey Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and worry about your Bowie school's problems!!
Turkey Breath great insight. I will have to think about what you just said for a while, and get back to. It was so profound it needs to sit in my brain for a while and marinate.
Reality checker

Morgan, TX

#71 Oct 24, 2011
wildcat wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it supportive to be so negative all the time about the coaches, school board, the rest of the administration, and financial spending. All I am saying quit waiting for the right circumstances to happen and make your school successful. Create the right atmosphere and work along side with the ones you have and you can create a successful school. I don't think that what I am saying is a bad thing. I just don't think its what you wanna hear.
You said, "I don't think that what I am saying is a bad thing", but you did say in your post 42 that "Nocona has been bad for years and years" which sounds a bit like an insult to me. Your 42 also suggests that we just change the "culture" so that we "might have a chance" which is akin to asking us to make it snow in July. Culture can not be changed so easily because it is complex with many variables that evolve over time under very distinct circumstances. In reference to your statement in 42 about our lack of good coaches, we have had both good and bad coaches over the years to include coaches who were successful before, during, and after their time at Nocona. Two names that immediately come to mind are Rusty Talbot and Dave Joiner with one being a bit controversial but a heck of a good coach. Life goes on and you work with what you have, when you have it, and under the circumstances in which you have it.

You are correct in that you did not say what I wanted to hear. I was born in Nocona, and I have lived here all of my life except for the time that I was away at college. I am committed to this town and our school. Consequently, I would much prefer to read words that are more respectful and appreciative of the efforts of our people and our school. We will never be perfect, but we are not "bad" and have enjoyed many successes over the years.
wildcat

Tyler, TX

#72 Oct 27, 2011
Reality checker wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, "I don't think that what I am saying is a bad thing", but you did say in your post 42 that "Nocona has been bad for years and years" which sounds a bit like an insult to me. Your 42 also suggests that we just change the "culture" so that we "might have a chance" which is akin to asking us to make it snow in July. Culture can not be changed so easily because it is complex with many variables that evolve over time under very distinct circumstances. In reference to your statement in 42 about our lack of good coaches, we have had both good and bad coaches over the years to include coaches who were successful before, during, and after their time at Nocona. Two names that immediately come to mind are Rusty Talbot and Dave Joiner with one being a bit controversial but a heck of a good coach. Life goes on and you work with what you have, when you have it, and under the circumstances in which you have it.
You are correct in that you did not say what I wanted to hear. I was born in Nocona, and I have lived here all of my life except for the time that I was away at college. I am committed to this town and our school. Consequently, I would much prefer to read words that are more respectful and appreciative of the efforts of our people and our school. We will never be perfect, but we are not "bad" and have enjoyed many successes over the years.
I am from Nocona too. Well that is a good mentality. "life goes on and you work with what you have, when you have it and under the circumstances in which you have it. That's pretty much my message. Try not being so critical of all the administration and staff you have. "Work with what you have" and help them and your kids be successful. You must of miss understanded my statement about the lack of good coaches, because I in no way think that there has been a lack in talented coaches come through Nocona. I merely meant to say if I wasn't clear in my previous statement to I believe you can attribute some of the blame for these talented coaches not succeeding to drama that exist on the sidelines and in the stands. I love Nocona very much just too though just like you.
An Indian fullback

Phitsanulok, Thailand

#73 Apr 11, 2012
Coach Talbot must be retired by now; any idea if he's still alive and if so, where is he?
Reality checker wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality checker

Kittanning, PA

#74 Apr 11, 2012
An Indian fullback wrote:
Coach Talbot must be retired by now; any idea if he's still alive and if so, where is he?
<quoted text>
It was the early to mid 60's when Talbot and Rice were here, maybe 1963-1964. No doubt that he is retired. I don't know anything about his current location/life. I do know that so many of us were sorry that he did not stay longer as he was well respected.
fan

Clyde, TX

#75 Oct 20, 2012
If your team is good, shouldn't the cheerleaders at least fake like they care. Maybe cheering for your team is too "cool" for them. Most of the girls looked like it was a hassle for them to even be there. At least the Indians have good fans to cheer them on. Go Indians!
NHS fan

Holliday, TX

#76 Nov 30, 2012
fan wrote:
If your team is good, shouldn't the cheerleaders at least fake like they care. Maybe cheering for your team is too "cool" for them. Most of the girls looked like it was a hassle for them to even be there. At least the Indians have good fans to cheer them on. Go Indians!
I totally agree with your post about the cheerleaders. It's pretty sad when the fans in the stand have to start their own cheers because the cheerleaders are just standing on the sidelines. I know they put time and effort into it, but my goodness, look how far the team has gone. They need to show some spirit and realize that they are the CHEERleaders. It's almost an embarrassment to watch them because they are so extremely boring! The sad part is is that now anyone who wants to cheer makes the team. It seems like only one person that signed up didn't make it this year. Last year, everyone who signed up made it. In my opinion, that's why they are so horrible.
slickwilly

Ballwin, MO

#77 Dec 3, 2012
NHS fan wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree with your post about the cheerleaders. It's pretty sad when the fans in the stand have to start their own cheers because the cheerleaders are just standing on the sidelines. I know they put time and effort into it, but my goodness, look how far the team has gone. They need to show some spirit and realize that they are the CHEERleaders. It's almost an embarrassment to watch them because they are so extremely boring! The sad part is is that now anyone who wants to cheer makes the team. It seems like only one person that signed up didn't make it this year. Last year, everyone who signed up made it. In my opinion, that's why they are so horrible.
Everyone that signs up does not make it. I'm not sure where you heard that, but you may want to check your sources again.:)
who cares

Morgan, TX

#78 Dec 3, 2012
slickwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone that signs up does not make it. I'm not sure where you heard that, but you may want to check your sources again.:)
Thank you finally someone stands up for them. Practice three times a week a lot of screaming during the game and still no respect. These are just kids we are on here talking about. They aren't superheroes. When the cheerleaders see this they will for sure be upset. I mean who wants to hear they suck. Thanks for your input but I think its ridiculous we expect so much from them. For some of them its hard being a cheerleader and if you think you are any better you should try out next year but you all are probably old so your opinion shouldn't effect them. Its great to see all the love on here but the hate should be kept to a minimum.
Masey McCracken

United States

#79 Dec 3, 2012
NHS fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree with your post about the cheerleaders. It's pretty sad when the fans in the stand have to start their own cheers because the cheerleaders are just standing on the sidelines. I know they put time and effort into it, but my goodness, look how far the team has gone. They need to show some spirit and realize that they are the CHEERleaders. It's almost an embarrassment to watch them because they are so extremely boring! The sad part is is that now anyone who wants to cheer makes the team. It seems like only one person that signed up didn't make it this year. Last year, everyone who signed up made it. In my opinion, that's why they are so horrible.
As a four year varsity cheerleader I feel very offended when reading this. I have actually been there cheering my heart out and putting in time and effort for these boys even when we were 1-9 and no one else was. Yes we have had our struggles as a team but this year has been the best we have looked as cheerleaders in years. As "fans" y'all do not consider what all we do we are not only there for our football boys but we are also there cheering on volleyball and basketball rather it's a winning season or not. I appreciate every single fan who comes out and supports rather you are there to enjoy the game or there to chime in with all our cheers, but my true definition of a "fan" is someone who is there supporting every team rather we are winning or losing and it hurts me to say that most of the fans at these last few games I have never seen before in my life but y'all are still calling yourselves fans. Thank you to all the supporters out there who believe in us and are there supporting everything we do. I hope that each and everyone of you are there supporting our boys this week in what we hope to be another victory. I just hope that my voice is back from last Friday so I can be sure to yell even louder this week ;) GO INDIANS! WE BELIEVE!
Becky McCracken

Whitney, TX

#80 Dec 3, 2012
NHS fan wrote:
<quoted text>
"NHS Fan" as you call your self where were you at 1:30 a.m.Saturday morning when the cheerleaders, band, and color guard were there proudly cheering and welcoming their winning team home because if you weren't there you missed something special and the cheerleaders were a VERY big part of the welcome home ....I was there.... as I am there at almost every game cheering on my 4yr Varsity returning cheerleader and the football boys...where are you when the girls are at 6:30 a.m. cheer practices and their night practices which last until around 9 p.m. at least 2-3 nights a week....maybe you need to consult with a cheer mom before you start posting things you have NO idea about....it hurts me to think you have the nerve to post malicious hateful things about a great group of cheerleaders but NO courage to actually post your name???? Come visit us here at this cheer house and we'll show you a little bit about work and dedication and CHEERING on your team winning or loosing...GO INDIANS!! We Believe!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nocona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daycare in Bowie (May '14) 3 hr momofboys 5
Zippy''s Tacos 3 hr So so 17
Bowie Police Find Charred Body in Burn Pit 8 hr wesleysister 48
child molestors in bowie (Apr '12) 13 hr Mum 54
Two Arrested in Connection with Injury to a Child (Apr '12) 14 hr jessica 32
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 17 hr Roxanne 19,496
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Nocona Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Nocona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Nocona News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Nocona

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:09PM