James Don Richardson arrested in Bowi...

James Don Richardson arrested in Bowie drug case

There are 52 comments on the Times Record News story from Jan 6, 2009, titled James Don Richardson arrested in Bowie drug case. In it, Times Record News reports that:

Montague County law enforcement officers executed a search warrant at a Bowie area home early Saturday morning, arresting one man for drug manufacturing and one for possession.

Officers from Bowie Police, the county sheriff’s office and the district attorney’s office converged on 994 Applegate Road at 3 a.m. Saturday. County Sheriff Paul Cunningham said evidence from an investigation conducted by those offices lead to the search warrant.

Arrested at the scene was James Don Richardson, 37, who resides at the property. Officers found an operating lab, but it is unclear the exact amount of methamphetamine found at the scene. The drugs were in the drying process and being collected by Bowie Police Investigator Chris Hughes and sent for testing.

Cunningham said due to the high risk nature of the search, SWAT officers were on the scene. Richardson is out on $500,000 bond for an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charge from a May 18, 2008 shooting.

Richardson was arrested in connection with the death of Alfred Eugene Howard, 33, who was found behind the Richardson home suffering from two gunshot wounds. Howard was transported to a Fort Worth hospital, where he later died from his wounds. It is anticipated the charge will be upgraded to homicide.

SWAT entered the residence, but Richardson was found walking out of a barn and arrested without incident. Cunningham said the man was taken to the jail and then transferred to Wise County. Bond of $500,000 was set on a charge of manufacture-delivery of a controlled substance.

A second man, Thomas Wayne Grooms, 22, of Bowie, drove up to the residence. He was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance. Bond was set at $10,000.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Record News.

Since: Dec 08

Bowie, TX

#21 Jan 12, 2010
Well he has been arrested for murder and when they went to serve him with the warrant once again another drug lab going!!! That makes the second time them finding a drug lab going at his house since the May shooting!!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#22 Jan 13, 2010
Is he a complete moron? Or does he assume he's untouchable?

Since: Aug 08

Bowie, TX

#23 Jan 13, 2010
Its the nothing to lose mentality.
The Mom

Salina, OK

#24 Jan 13, 2010
I don't get it. At what point does the DA get involved and set this for trial?

Bowie, TX

#25 Jan 13, 2010
I hear it will go to trail late this year on the murder charges!! Not sure about the drug charges!! I just hope there is justice for the family members of the guy he killed!!
thedeal

United States

#26 Jan 13, 2010
ok here goes the deal. Montague county is more worried about money than putting them away for good. I do believe we have a few concerned citizens and some at the s.o that truly care but others allow these dirt bags to get back out, cook more dope, sell more drugs so they can make bond (more money).The dope heads are not only ruining their own lives but their childrens too. They don't even care about themselves much less anyone else. Just imagine the heartache of their families when they call em from jail asking for more money and at the same time the family is already taking care of their kids feeding them while they go out and use, kill folks, and run the streets, go to jail and just not give a crap. It looks to me that there is something can be done so they can't bond out, especially if they were caught rehanded and are guilty. Looks to me that it's a money thing. Don't you think? We have to suffer with the idiots running free.
wouldnt ya like to know

Kingsland, TX

#27 Jan 16, 2010
You know what, none of you know the details of the accident, yeah accident, on 20th, Alfred Howard was a thieving dope head who took advantage of someone giving him a place to live. All he did was steal shit and screw everyone he knew over. I feel sorry for anyone who gets involved with meth. James is a good person and no one needs to judge him until they know all the facts. Which won't happen since no one else was there. And by the Montague County is corrupt. They let Dena Hardsison/Haney go the last two times she was there when James got busted, but she walked and she's on probation.
IDOKNOW

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Jan 16, 2010
there are consequences to everything you do wrong and it is not legal to shoot someone. James had the chance to change the situation and be ther for his SON that some people don't know about that his parents have been raising the boys whole life, living right next door. James was one of the "better" guys in the dope world but staying in it got him where he is now.

Bowie, TX

#29 Jan 17, 2010
Yes he could have handled thing different than shoot someone in the head!! And that is not accident when you shoot someone!! If he was stealing than why not call the cops and do something!! You just do not take it upon yourself to shoot someone!! People does now he has a son and probably feel sorry for him to be around all of this!! And how the heck do you know that Alfred Howard was a thieving dope head!! Do you know that for a fact!!
wyltk

Kingsland, TX

#30 Jan 26, 2010
yeah i know for a fact he stole shit from me, his own family too
Texas Willy

San Antonio, TX

#31 Jan 27, 2010
Shoot them all and let God sort it out

Bowie, TX

#32 Jan 28, 2010
Do you even now his family?
bojo22

Bowie, TX

#33 Apr 17, 2010
Well look who is in trouble again!!! But this time for stealing oil!!!

Location hidden

#34 Apr 17, 2010
bojo22 wrote:
Well look who is in trouble again!!! But this time for stealing oil!!!
Ok, I give... who?

Location hidden

#35 Apr 17, 2010
Bah. Never mind... was looking at the wrong article.

Funny, both of them.

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/2010/apr/... ?
eat me

Nocona, TX

#36 Apr 19, 2010
Wow, You can be out on bond for murder, drug possession, drug manufacturing,and now organinized criminal activity-theft and they slap you with a $7,500 bond. Are we tough on crime or what?

Bowie, TX

#37 Apr 22, 2010
No he is still in jail where he needs to be!!

Since: Aug 08

United States

#38 Jun 3, 2010
wouldnt ya like to know wrote:
You know what, none of you know the details of the accident, yeah accident, on 20th, Alfred Howard was a thieving dope head who took advantage of someone giving him a place to live. All he did was steal shit and screw everyone he knew over. I feel sorry for anyone who gets involved with meth. James is a good person and no one needs to judge him until they know all the facts. Which won't happen since no one else was there. And by the Montague County is corrupt. They let Dena Hardsison/Haney go the last two times she was there when James got busted, but she walked and she's on probation.
Good Person???????NOT
TheVERDICT

Houston, TX

#39 Jun 12, 2010
Why is it that out of all the drug dealing professions, Meth is the only drug where I've never seen a well groomed sucessful dealer driving a Porsche. No matter how much shit you conjure up in your basement, you're still broke and you still look like a dirty wizard.
Misty

Arlington, WA

#40 Jun 26, 2010
Did this man get life in prison or is he still out free to keep making drugs and murdering people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nocona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why don't black people live in Bowie? (Jun '12) 17 hr FastEddie 102
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 22 hr Truth is might 20,068
Deborah prater aka debbie aka deborah mcgregor ... Feb 20 Amanda 2
Debroah manager at chicken express (Mar '12) Feb 17 cliff 26
Low Test Scores at NISD Feb 14 used jock strap 2
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Fenoglio as Mayor? (Mar '12) Feb 13 Old School 13
Why is everyone on drugs in this town?! Feb 12 Truth 20

Nocona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nocona Mortgages