Noblesville OKs Gaylor Electric tax break

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The City Council on Tuesday gave preliminary approval for a six-year tax abatement for a company planning to bring 365 jobs to Noblesville by the end of 2010.
Comments
1 - 20 of 40 Comments Last updated Apr 2, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rev Jim Ignatowsky

Reston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Great-John Gaylor is a super guy who treats his people well.
sweeeeet

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

I say keep the scabs out of town!
Qdoba-freak

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

OF COURSE! Tax breaks for all!...well, unless you're a middle-class employeed citizen. Screw those people.
bob smith

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Be careful with John Gaylor he promises a lot but does not deliver. Do you really believe the average wage would be 59,000. Come on
WHAT

Pryor, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Great job on helping land one of the best employers around in Central Indiana!

“Victory is Mine”

Since: Jun 07

Greenwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Average wage is less than $60,000 a year.....isn't that like living on welfare on the elite nothside?
Taxpayer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

OK here we go again, let's give these companies TAX breaks and make the poor working class make up the shortfall.

These companies make enough money, especially an electrical company, let them pay their fair share.
Bryan

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Great news for Noblesville!
Ed Godard

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Is this really necessary? Is this company going to do without services for six years?
You gotta be kidding

Avon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

This company is already here! Ask how many of the employees live or will work in the county. Just another private company reaping a benefit on the tax payers back. This building would have been built with or without this tax handout! Citizens do your homework on this one.
Scott

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

I don't understand. Gaylor Electric has been in business for a number of years. So, he decides to build a new office/ warehouse, and he gets a six year tax break. For what? Those jobs he speaks about are existing jobs within his Company. Sounds like a wise move for the folks in Noblesville. Another note- in doing some research, there is no way the average salary is 59,000. Unless ofcourse, that includes all of their benefits as well as their weekly take home pay. This would be more than union scale, and we know he doesn't pay that much.
fine

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

just don't plan on taxing me more in place of it, or raising my taxes for things being used that they aren't paying for!
Bryan Indianapolis

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Gaylor used to be a good employer, since a change in field management back in 2002 this is no longer the case. The company after that point simply did not care about its people.
indy event

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Gaylor does pay a hand full of his friends a decent wage. But for the majority of his workers he doesn't pay much more than $7-8 an hour and no benefit. Remember Gaylor is the one who want to do away with prevailing wage law in Indiana. You want great electrical work done....hire an IBEW electrician
now union

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Gaylors field superintendent along with some of his supervisors has really given Gaylor a bad reputation in the last 5 years or so. Hopefully John Gaylor will get the company back the way it used to be.
Silence Dogood

West Newton, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

What the ? I don't understand how this helps Noblesville. Gaylor's employees that currently live in Noblesville are currently paying local taxes where they are. Those that don't do not of course, but they will not begin to just because their employer moves its office.

Gaylor's field workers (most of his workforce) that do not live or work in Noblesville or Hamilton County will not bring any more commerce to the area.

I guess Noblesville hopes to make back the money on future property taxes, or the company's revenue ... but that will never happen. Gaylor will start to pay taxes again in six years, but those will be current taxes. He'll never pay back the six-year freebie.

So they gave away six years of taxes in order to make the future taxes. If Gaylor moves, sells or goes under in the future, then what does Noblesville get?

Sounds like Gaylor's got some friends.
Silence Dogood

West Newton, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

I'm thinking about buying a house in Noblesville, but only if the city is willing to give me a six-year abatement on my local taxes. I'm firm on this. Noblesville, if you want me you're going to have to step up to the plate.
Dont believe the hype

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Oh my God! Gaylor is a good man????

Give me a break.
Rev Jim Ignatowsky wrote:
Great-John Gaylor is a super guy who treats his people well.
Ex-Gaylor Employee

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Gaylor electric treated me horribly.
Truth

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

So I see Gaylors political donations paid of thirty times over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Watch for Hamilton County was issued at August 22 at 10:34AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Noblesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Noblesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••