Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Health Reform

Full story: TIME.com

Missouri voters go to the polls Tuesday for the first-in-the-nation referendum on President Obama's health care plan.

Comments (Page 918)

Showing posts 18,341 - 18,360 of18,915
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Hmm wrote:
[QUOTE who="gullible much?"]<quoted text>They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.

Get educated!

As for privatizing social security? If everyone were great investors like you, then it would work perfectly. However, a majority of Americans would just spend the extra money every month, and then still depend on you, me, and government programs, to take care of them when they get to old to work.

Privatizing won't save anyone any money in the long run, forcing them to pay upfront is the only way to keep them from forcing us to pay more later.

But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name!"

Not gullible - have actual facts my nephew just found out today that at the beginning of the year his insurance for himself is going to cost him $6000.00 for his and only his Obamacare health insurance. You say get educated do you even know why health insurance was even started? I am not a Liberal, Conservative, democrat or a Republican - I AM AN AMERICAN !
Why is he choosing to chang his plan? And what is Obamacare health insurance? Exchanges won't even be set up until 2014, and you can't sign up for much of anything until the fall of 2013. Sounds like his employer is ripping him off, the rates for my associates will be increasing .08 percent next year. As opposed to average year over year increases of 8-15 percent.

What he is experiencing has nothing to do with HR 3590.. Or he's just making crap up about it to rip on the administration.

I'm all for ripping on the administration for the things they have screwed up, never feel the need to make crap up as I go along.
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Judged:

Hmm wrote:
[QUOTE who="gullible much?"]<quoted text>They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.

Get educated!

As for privatizing social security? If everyone were great investors like you, then it would work perfectly. However, a majority of Americans would just spend the extra money every month, and then still depend on you, me, and government programs, to take care of them when they get to old to work.

Privatizing won't save anyone any money in the long run, forcing them to pay upfront is the only way to keep them from forcing us to pay more later.

But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name!"

Not gullible - have actual facts my nephew just found out today that at the beginning of the year his insurance for himself is going to cost him $6000.00 for his and only his Obamacare health insurance. You say get educated do you even know why health insurance was even started? I am not a Liberal, Conservative, democrat or a Republican - I AM AN AMERICAN !
Oh, it was started as a way to increase hospital revenue in the early twentieth century.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

no no no
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="gullible much?"]<quoted text>
They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.
Get educated!
But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name!
[/QUOTE]

If the government had taken care of social security and medicare funds, we wouldn't be in this mess. The President and Congress will not have the same insurance as everybody else. The people that have medicare now will not be affected. It's the younger ones, and because soc. sec and medicare are in trouble..........running out of funds..........there needs to be something done. We can't keep borrowing or printing money! You need to do some more research! Conservatives are the ones looking ahead. There is no magic bullet!

CHEERS!
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Norton wrote:
[QUOTE who="gullible much?"]<quoted text>
They won't have a different plan, every government employee, yes including congress and the President, will have to participate.
Get educated!
But we all know conservatives don't like to look ahead to the repercussions of their actions, after all, it's in the name!
"

If the government had taken care of social security and medicare funds, we wouldn't be in this mess. The President and Congress will not have the same insurance as everybody else. The people that have medicare now will not be affected. It's the younger ones, and because soc. sec and medicare are in trouble..........running out of funds..........there needs to be something done. We can't keep borrowing or printing money! You need to do some more research! Conservatives are the ones looking ahead. There is no magic bullet!

CHEERS!
Congress and the President will be buying insurance on the exchanges, the same as every other federal employee. If you're research is that far off on something as simple as that, then it rapidly deflates any air, in the other opinions you espouse.

As for "we can't keep borrowing and printing money"? Is your recommendation that this administration should have cut 7 trillion from government spending? Putting our unemployment at 15-20%?

They didn't grow the government like Bush did! They simply kept it the same size, a little less if you figure inflation.

Neither party looks to the future, but people like you, that feel a need to throw obvious lies out there to support your party of choice disgust me.
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="gullible much? "]<quoted text>
Congress and the President will be buying insurance on the exchanges, the same as every other federal employee. If you're research is that far off on something as simple as that, then it rapidly deflates any air, in the other opinions you espouse.
As for "we can't keep borrowing and printing money"? Is your recommendation that this administration should have cut 7 trillion from government spending? Putting our unemployment at 15-20%?
They didn't grow the government like Bush did! They simply kept it the same size, a little less if you figure inflation.
Neither party looks to the future, but people like you, that feel a need to throw obvious lies out there to support your party of choice disgust me.
[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree with you! However, you are right on one thing. Nobody seems to be looking to the future except.......Romney!

CHEERS!

CHEERS!
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2012

Judged:

Norton wrote:
"

I respectfully disagree with you! However, you are right on one thing. Nobody seems to be looking to the future except.......Romney!

CHEERS!

CHEERS!
I like how people now consider lying and opinion interchangeable.

And you can respectfully disagree with me, the numbers, and the facts, all you want, it doesn't make you anything other than a spreader of known lies and deceitful tactics, to try to argue for the unarguable positions of your party.

Romney can't see what his positions will be a day in the future, let alone having a plan for that future.

Please if your so did of his plan, what is it?

A tax break, that is paid for by closing loopholes in the tax code, is no tax break at all, he's effectively saying he'll give a 20% tax break across the board, but after he closes loopholes, nobody will pay less in taxes? What's the point? Just leave it like it is and save a bunch of everyone's time!

What are his other great plans?
Norton

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

And you can respectfully disagree with me, the numbers, and the facts, all you want, it doesn't make you anything other than a spreader of known lies and deceitful tactics, to try to argue for the unarguable positions of your party.
Romney can't see what his positions will be a day in the future, let alone having a plan for that future.
A tax break, that is paid for by closing loopholes in the tax code, is no tax break at all, he's effectively saying he'll give a 20% tax break across the board, but after he closes loopholes, nobody will pay less in taxes? What's the point? Just leave it like it is and save a bunch of everyone's time!
What are his other great plans?[/QUOTE]

Romney understands what it will take to fix this economy that is so messed up. Will it happen overnight.........NO! Obama has had 4 yrs. and keeps getting us deeper and deeper in debt and Obamacare is a biggy! You apparently don't understand that somebody has to pay for Obamacare. It's not free! It will be just like an added tax. I trust Romney more than Obama and his associates, that are scary to say the least.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I guess that is what democracy is all about. Much better than a dictatorship that might be in the works.

CHEERS!
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Norton wrote:
What are his other great plans?"

Romney understands what it will take to fix this economy that is so messed up. Will it happen overnight.........NO! Obama has had 4 yrs. and keeps getting us deeper and deeper in debt and Obamacare is a biggy! You apparently don't understand that somebody has to pay for Obamacare. It's not free! It will be just like an added tax. I trust Romney more than Obama and his associates, that are scary to say the least.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I guess that is what democracy is all about. Much better than a dictatorship that might be in the works.

CHEERS!
Again, you don't understand why we are going deeper in debt or why it was unavoidable. You just get one side of the numbers an think you understand how it works!

Obama has effectively shrunk government spending, and the size of government, you suggest that he should have shrunk government spending to 7 trillion less than bush was spending? So you think unemployment of 15-18 percent was the way we should have gone?

I've read Obamacare, every line of HR3590, and reference it often, please tell me where the added tax comes in, excepting a tabacco tax or tanning bed taxes etc.

As for the individual mandate, I think Romney and the conservative think tank, The Heritage Foundation, had a good idea with that one, and making those that can afford insurance either get it or pay a penalty, makes sense. Otherwise I pay their health care bills when they can't.

You should take a look at the percentages of income that people will have to pay for insurance, and maximum healthcare costs before you bash it because of something you heard from someone else.

The COB as well as all bipartisan reviews of HR3590, have shown it to not only reduce government spending year over year, but to also reduce out of pocket spending for the American population as well.

I guess your just all about making sure the insurance companies get to make even bigger profits? Well guess what, you don't hear a bunch if them complaining about it either! Why? Because they will be making more too!

Rememeber, even FOX still thinks we passed HR3200 as they quote it often as Obamacare.

Of course over 76% of FOX viewers didn't know that Egypt had changed regimes, and only a few more than that know that Egypt is in Africa.
chinook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Gullible. You were supposed to be informed that mental patients are not allowed to use computers while undergoing treatment. Reread the instructions they had you sign when you were admitted. Then stay off the computer. Just a heads up. Ok ? Now go play with your dolls.
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

chinook wrote:
Gullible. You were supposed to be informed that mental patients are not allowed to use computers while undergoing treatment. Reread the instructions they had you sign when you were admitted. Then stay off the computer. Just a heads up. Ok ? Now go play with your dolls.
Since you went straight to the insults, as opposed to contesting any of the facts, I shall just take it as you don't even have a basic retort?

Being called mental by a sheep, isn't really very offensive, you just keep believing what your betters tell you, and follow along with the rest of the flock.
Thinking for myself

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

I voted absentee ballot today. The vote is for or against the state setting up insurance exchanges to buy insurance across state lines. It won't make a difference. The federal government will set them up anyway for states that vote it down. It is not for voting down healthcare reform.
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Again, you don't understand why we are going deeper in debt or why it was unavoidable. You just get one side of the numbers an think you understand how it works!
Obama has effectively shrunk government spending, and the size of government, you suggest that he should have shrunk government spending to 7 trillion less than bush was spending? So you think unemployment of 15-18 percent was the way we should have gone?
I've read Obamacare, every line of HR3590, and reference it often, please tell me where the added tax comes in, excepting a tabacco tax or tanning bed taxes etc.
As for the individual mandate, I think Romney and the conservative think tank, The Heritage Foundation, had a good idea with that one, and making those that can afford insurance either get it or pay a penalty, makes sense. Otherwise I pay their health care bills when they can't.
You should take a look at the percentages of income that people will have to pay for insurance, and maximum healthcare costs before you bash it because of something you heard from someone else.
The COB as well as all bipartisan reviews of HR3590, have shown it to not only reduce government spending year over year, but to also reduce out of pocket spending for the American population as well.
I guess your just all about making sure the insurance companies get to make even bigger profits? Well guess what, you don't hear a bunch if them complaining about it either! Why? Because they will be making more too!
Rememeber, even FOX still thinks we passed HR3200 as they quote it often as Obamacare.
Of course over 76% of FOX viewers didn't know that Egypt had changed regimes, and only a few more than that know that Egypt is in Africa.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad to know that Egypt is in Africa and 76% of Fox viewers didn't know that!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Obama sat there and watched the Libya disaster like he watched Bin Ladin being killed or did he just go to bed and get up early to go campaigning in Las Vegas? What a President!

I don't care what you say I am against Obamacare (socialized medicine). I think it is a big disaster waiting to happen. It is a way to get total control of our lives. Anybody that cannot see that is just plain dumb.

'nuff said!

CHEERS!
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Norton wrote:
Of course over 76% of FOX viewers didn't know that Egypt had changed regimes, and only a few more than that know that Egypt is in Africa. "

Well I'm glad to know that Egypt is in Africa and 76% of Fox viewers didn't know that!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Obama sat there and watched the Libya disaster like he watched Bin Ladin being killed or did he just go to bed and get up early to go campaigning in Las Vegas? What a President!

I don't care what you say I am against Obamacare (socialized medicine). I think it is a big disaster waiting to happen. It is a way to get total control of our lives. Anybody that cannot see that is just plain dumb.

'nuff said!

CHEERS!
Oh, finally an honest answer from you, about Obamacare, see now, that is an opinion, and I respect that. You can feel that it is socialized medicine and not have to lie or misrepresent it to express that opinion.

My opinion is that socialism is a word that the right throws around as a scare tactic, even in situations where, by definition, it doesn't fit.

My feelings on Libya, were that it was increadibly mismanaged, by the ambassador, all the way up to the state department, much like the 47 americans we lost during the last administration, at attacks on our conulates and embassies.

But in the end, going from loosing 23.5 Americans every four years, to only loosing 3, although tragic, and still unacceptable, is a huge improvement on overall security.

People will always want to kill Americans, wherever we are at in the world, I'm glad this attack is getting more coverage, so that we as Americans can see those people we put in harms way, and the differences they make in the world.

Too bad none of the stories have been about the amazing things ambassador Stevens did during his time as one of the worlds greatest peace makers, his story has been lost in the rights sensationalism and politicizing of a tragic story for the benefit of a presidential campaign.
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Oh, finally an honest answer from you, about Obamacare, see now, that is an opinion, and I respect that. You can feel that it is socialized medicine and not have to lie or misrepresent it to express that opinion.
My opinion is that socialism is a word that the right throws around as a scare tactic, even in situations where, by definition, it doesn't fit.
My feelings on Libya, were that it was increadibly mismanaged, by the ambassador, all the way up to the state department, much like the 47 americans we lost during the last administration, at attacks on our conulates and embassies.
But in the end, going from loosing 23.5 Americans every four years, to only loosing 3, although tragic, and still unacceptable, is a huge improvement on overall security.
People will always want to kill Americans, wherever we are at in the world, I'm glad this attack is getting more coverage, so that we as Americans can see those people we put in harms way, and the differences they make in the world.
Too bad none of the stories have been about the amazing things ambassador Stevens did during his time as one of the worlds greatest peace makers, his story has been lost in the rights sensationalism and politicizing of a tragic story for the benefit of a presidential campaign.[/QUOTE]

Why have we not heard the truth about Libya and why did Ms. Rice get on 5 TV programs and say it was because of a video when they all knew it was a lie? Hillary said it! The President said it! Now we know it was not true. Was it politics? The ambassador had been asking for help before this all happened. I think there is a mouse in the meal somewhere in all of this and I doubt the truth will come out before the election.

I have heard them say many good things about the ambassador! You are right..........people will always want to kill Americans. I, also, don't think we give enough credit to those that are trying to protect us. One American loss is too many. It would be so easy for somebody to bring a suitcase bomb and kill many, many people. Someday I expect that to happen.

I still feel socialized medicine is a way to control the people, totally.
Of course, like you say, that is my opinion.

CHEERS!
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

Judged:

Norton wrote:
Too bad none of the stories have been about the amazing things ambassador Stevens did during his time as one of the worlds greatest peace makers, his story has been lost in the rights sensationalism and politicizing of a tragic story for the benefit of a presidential campaign. "

Why have we not heard the truth about Libya and why did Ms. Rice get on 5 TV programs and say it was because of a video when they all knew it was a lie? Hillary said it! The President said it! Now we know it was not true. Was it politics? The ambassador had been asking for help before this all happened. I think there is a mouse in the meal somewhere in all of this and I doubt the truth will come out before the election.

I have heard them say many good things about the ambassador! You are right..........people will always want to kill Americans. I, also, don't think we give enough credit to those that are trying to protect us. One American loss is too many. It would be so easy for somebody to bring a suitcase bomb and kill many, many people. Someday I expect that to happen.

I still feel socialized medicine is a way to control the people, totally.
Of course, like you say, that is my opinion.

CHEERS!
Our embassies were bombed under the previous administration. So it's already been done.

And I don't care why something happened, so much as how to prevent it from happening again, something this administration has been very good at.

Hence the major decline in attacks on embassies and consulates.

It was handled poorly, at least in the public, on that we agree, but the difference between us, is I don't think we as the public need to know anything about it until the investigation is complete. They should have just used the same ole "we won't discuss a current investigation line" then let the press just make crap up, that's what their good at anyway.
Mitt jr

Jamesport, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

I would like to ask all Americans "WHY do you have to carry car insurance, but do not have to carry health insurance". I would think that most Christians out there would want to help mankind. Instead we fight about social medicine. Somewhere I miss what the people in this country are all about. Proper health care, and make everyone responsible for your own actions. Who pays for the emergency care needed,(like the Colorado movie theater shooting) where 75% of those people had no insurance. Did they expect to need health insurance. If we all had a health system then that would not be a problem. Also how does the medical staff get paid? One thing I do know is that one big problem is that health insurance companies are on Wall Street stocks. Capitalism cause greed, therefore causing higher insurance premiums.
Thats right I like greed
Baine Capitol managers
Norton

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Mitt jr wrote:
I would like to ask all Americans "WHY do you have to carry car insurance, but do not have to carry health insurance". I would think that most Christians out there would want to help mankind. Instead we fight about social medicine. Somewhere I miss what the people in this country are all about. Proper health care, and make everyone responsible for your own actions. Who pays for the emergency care needed,(like the Colorado movie theater shooting) where 75% of those people had no insurance. Did they expect to need health insurance. If we all had a health system then that would not be a problem. Also how does the medical staff get paid? One thing I do know is that one big problem is that health insurance companies are on Wall Street stocks. Capitalism cause greed, therefore causing higher insurance premiums.
Thats right I like greed
Baine Capitol managers
I'm not quite sure what your point is but I agree that any person that claims to be a christian should want to help mankind. However, there are those that just want a free handout. Nothing is free..........somebody has to pay for it. I am sorry for those that do not have healthcare but I do not think socialized medicine is the answer. It would be a government controlled system and they would tell you when and what treatment you could receive. Medicare and Medicaid is sort of like that now but it would be worse. Long waits for appts and older people would probably would be denied certain things. Qualified doctors might be questionable. You might just have to take what you get. It isn't all they are trying to make it sound like. People can't seem to get it thru their heads that when the government controls your healthcare..........THEY CONTROL YOUR WHOLE LIFE! People do not believe this will be controlled by the government but I guarantee you it will. Doctors do not want it. It will mean more paper work. They can't do their job now for all the paperwork and controls. Why would anybody even want to become a doctor? I don't know the answer but I don't think socialized medicine is at all. It makes me sick to think about it!

CHEERS!
gullible much?

Farmington, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2012

Judged:

Norton wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not quite sure what your point is but I agree that any person that claims to be a christian should want to help mankind. However, there are those that just want a free handout. Nothing is free..........somebody has to pay for it. I am sorry for those that do not have healthcare but I do not think socialized medicine is the answer. It would be a government controlled system and they would tell you when and what treatment you could receive. Medicare and Medicaid is sort of like that now but it would be worse. Long waits for appts and older people would probably would be denied certain things. Qualified doctors might be questionable. You might just have to take what you get. It isn't all they are trying to make it sound like. People can't seem to get it thru their heads that when the government controls your healthcare..........THEY CONTROL YOUR WHOLE LIFE! People do not believe this will be controlled by the government but I guarantee you it will. Doctors do not want it. It will mean more paper work. They can't do their job now for all the paperwork and controls. Why would anybody even want to become a doctor? I don't know the answer but I don't think socialized medicine is at all. It makes me sick to think about it!

CHEERS!
Doctors in the U.S. love the status quo here. We get charged more in America, for worse healthcare, than just about any other industrialized nation.

We no longer rank at the top of any lists, be it cancer survivors, or infant mortality, there are countries that put our healthcare to shame.

I remember when America was the best at some things, now we're just the most expensive. We now lead the world in so few categories, and the ones we do, are not the good ones.

You either change to keep up with the times, or watch as others pass you by. It's as true in country building as it is in business. It's those countries that refuse to change, that end up being great lessons in history, not great examples of the present.
ddddd

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

great job

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,341 - 18,360 of18,915
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nixa Discussions

Search the Nixa Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 2 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,054
Do you approve of Shane Nelson as Mayor? Thu Selfish Mayor 18
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Thu layback 6,894
What is Randy Wright trying to hide with those ... Wed amused 5
MO Who do you support for Auditor in Missouri in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 7 dasie 264
The Best Antique Mall in Ozark? Jul 4 Collector 1
Roadrunner Tours (May '09) Jul 2 Lou 42
•••
•••
•••
Nixa Dating

more search filters

less search filters