Longtime Nitro police chief fired

Longtime Nitro police chief fired

There are 217 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Jul 2, 2012, titled Longtime Nitro police chief fired. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

On his second day in office, Nitro's new mayor fired the city's police chief, who thinks money had something to do with it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Sorry

Huntington, WV

#1 Jul 2, 2012
Bout time!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 2, 2012
You Jordan haters keep telling yourself that when the city implodes.

It is coming.

I can not wait for Dave Casebolt to be eating crow.

I can't believe he was offered money to fire Chief Jordan. Are we just to take his word for it that he didn't take any money.

I don't believe a word he says.
what

Crozet, VA

#3 Jul 2, 2012
HEY DOOVER....get a life! He doesnt need the money idiot. He did it because he isnt afraid to do Whats right!!!!
Sorry

Huntington, WV

#4 Jul 2, 2012
I don't hate Chief Jordan at all. He did a poor job and has no leadership skills. Because of this, he got fired.

If you can't believe Mayor Casebolt was offered money to fire Chief Jordan - then don't. He wasn't offered money; didn't get any.

Don't believe a word he says. Like it or not, a new era is coming for Nitro. Keep on hating. That will not stop progress for Nitro.
chief

Winfield, WV

#5 Jul 2, 2012
Wonder why he doesn't clean house at the fire station also?

Location hidden

#6 Jul 2, 2012
Sorry wrote:
I don't hate Chief Jordan at all. He did a poor job and has no leadership skills. Because of this, he got fired.
If this is why he was fired then why didn't he say so. He didn't give Chief Jordan a reason in word or in the pitiful letter he had someone write for him.

As for your comment about he did a poor job and has no leadership skills. You obviously do not know what you are talking about. Chief Jordan took the Nitro police department from the dark ages to the best outfit municipal police department in the state.

You question his leadership qualities and skills - then you obviously do not know anyone of his peers who would beg to differ with you.

He was fired because Dave Casebolt had supporters like; Gertie Estep, Joan McClannahan, Kenny Miller, Janet Miller, Karen Fritz, John Young etc. all of whom for their own reasons have personal grudges against Chief Jordan.

Not to mention there are people in the above list who have offered money to have Chief Jordan fired.
Sorry wrote:
If you can't believe Mayor Casebolt was offered money to fire Chief Jordan - then don't. He wasn't offered money; didn't get any.
Don't believe a word he says.

Dave Casebolt himself told WSAZ he was offered money. You really need to get a new source or did Dave lie right to your face.
Sorry wrote:
Like it or not, a new era is coming for Nitro. Keep on hating. That will not stop progress for Nitro.
Progress do you call firing a police chief in the middle of a state of emergency with no person ready to step in progress. Do you call about ready to sell the city out to Bayer progress. Do you call about ready to hire your political crony Jim McKay progress. If this is progress then Nitro needs a little less progress.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 2, 2012
chief wrote:
Because he has no authority to do so.
Nuther Watchdog

Huntington, WV

#8 Jul 2, 2012
chief wrote:
One never knows. What do you think?
Nuther Watchdog

Huntington, WV

#9 Jul 2, 2012
DoOver wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is why he was fired then why didn't he say so. He didn't give Chief Jordan a reason in word or in the pitiful letter he had someone write for him.
As for your comment about he did a poor job and has no leadership skills. You obviously do not know what you are talking about. Chief Jordan took the Nitro police department from the dark ages to the best outfit municipal police department in the state.
You question his leadership qualities and skills - then you obviously do not know anyone of his peers who would beg to differ with you.

Former Chief Jordan is an "at will and pleasure" employee. No reason has to be given.
He was fired because Dave Casebolt had supporters like; Gertie Estep, Joan McClannahan, Kenny Miller, Janet Miller, Karen Fritz, John Young etc. all of whom for their own reasons have personal grudges against Chief Jordan.
Not to mention there are people in the above list who have offered money to have Chief Jordan fired.
<quoted text>

Dave Casebolt had MANY supporters. That's why he won the election. Get over it.

Dave Casebolt himself told WSAZ he was offered money. You really need to get a new source or did Dave lie right to your face.
<quoted text>

Guess I'll just have to find where that WSAZ telecast/article is. Want to point me in the right direction? I am confident that Mayor Casebolt did not receive any money. There were probably a lot of people who would have paid to see the former chief go.

Progress do you call firing a police chief in the middle of a state of emergency with no person ready to step in progress. Do you call about ready to sell the city out to Bayer progress. Do you call about ready to hire your political crony Jim McKay progress. If this is progress then Nitro needs a little less progress.
Progress, yes. Who ever is selected as the new Chief can step up and take care of Nitro during this time of emergency. BTW, the emergency for Nitro is ALMOST over. Again, Mayor Casebolt did the right thing.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 2, 2012
Nuther Watchdog wrote:
<quoted text>
One never knows. What do you think?
Because he has not authority to do so.

But I think he will overstep many times and it will be a matter of time before he goes the way of former Dunbar Mayor Roger Wolfe.
Nuther Watchdog

Huntington, WV

#11 Jul 2, 2012
He cannot fire the Fire Chief unless the FC does not do his job. But my guess is that the Fire Chief just might turn over a new leaf. Hope so.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 2, 2012
You are ridiculous. Chief Hedrick has always done his job.

As for doing their job. Where was Dave Casebolt over the weekend helping the residents of Nitro. Guess it was too hot for him to do anything.

But former Mayor Casto was out there helping residents.
BOBBY JOE

AOL

#13 Jul 2, 2012
JACK JORDAN HAS BEEN AN EXCELLENT POLICE CHIEF AND HE WILL BE SORELY MISSED BY MANY. I CAN SEE NITRO GOING THE SAME DIRECTION AS DUNBAR - WHAT A MESS THAT WILL BE. I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU FOLKS IN NITRO AS I DO THOSE LIVING UNDER THE REGIME OF MAYOR (?) YEAGER, THE MOST DISFUNCTIONAL MAN AND HIS FAMILY, THAT I HAVE EVER MET. SO, SO LONG JACK, THIS TERM OF NEW MAYOR WILL SOON BE GONE AND THEN YOu DO THE CITIZENS OF NITRO A FAVOR - RUN FOR MAYOR!!!!!!

Location hidden

#14 Jul 2, 2012
I would love to see Chief Jordan run for Mayor.
Nuther Watchdog

Huntington, WV

#15 Jul 2, 2012
DoOver wrote:
You are ridiculous. Chief Hedrick has always done his job.
As for doing their job. Where was Dave Casebolt over the weekend helping the residents of Nitro. Guess it was too hot for him to do anything.
But former Mayor Casto was out there helping residents.
DoOver, you are entitled to your opinion.

Who knows where Mayor Casebolt was this weekend. Has nothing to do with anything. Good to hear Former Mayor Casto was helping residents. That's the kind of guy he is.
Bobby

Charleston, WV

#16 Jul 2, 2012
Jack Jordan for Mayor. You have my vote.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 2, 2012
Nuther Watchdog wrote:
<quoted text>
DoOver, you are entitled to your opinion.
Who knows where Mayor Casebolt was this weekend. Has nothing to do with anything. Good to hear Former Mayor Casto was helping residents. That's the kind of guy he is.
He was in town - he had returned from Vacation. But I know where he wasn't and that was where former Mayor Rusty Casto and Chief Jordan were helping the residents.

We know the kind of guy he is? And that is why he was MIA.
Sorry

Huntington, WV

#18 Jul 2, 2012
DoOver wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in town - he had returned from Vacation. But I know where he wasn't and that was where former Mayor Rusty Casto and Chief Jordan were helping the residents.
We know the kind of guy he is? And that is why he was MIA.
So, he wasn't doing what you think he should be doing. Has nothing to do with anything. I'm truly glad Casto and Jordan were helping residents.

You are so off topic that you don't deserve a reply. I see grape juice dripping down your chin, too.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 2, 2012
You can talk about grapes till the cows come home or Jim McKay is hired by Dave Casebolt.

Dave Casebolt was too busy being important to deal with the crisis in the city.

This is the second time since being elected he did not step up for Nitro. But sadly it will not be the last.
wrong

Crozet, VA

#20 Jul 2, 2012
You are wrong!!! He was NOT in town you know it all. As soon as he heard about it he came home! Get over it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nitro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jarrel Stricklen 1 hr John 8
Married women who went crazy 1 hr gross 7
Missy Rucker- Missy's puppies (Sep '14) 2 hr haha 23
Looking for hot older woman 3 hr cantbestopped 24
Nitro pool 3 hr Cheapo 7
sun, pretty flowers and barking dogs 3 hr Jelly 18
Baseball and Softball (Feb '14) 3 hr Amen 38
More from around the web

Nitro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE