Chief Jeff Elkins Fails to Respond to...

Chief Jeff Elkins Fails to Respond to Officer Shooting

Posted in the Nitro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Jeff Elkins on duty a call comes in that there is an officer shooting. Jeff Elkins the now Chief of the Nitro Fire Department does not even bother to respond to the call.

This is outrageous. Why was this man allowed to then move up the ranks to now be a chief. I know personally that any police officer would have been relieved of duty immediately for failure to respond.

Jeff was on duty with two probationary fire fighters. They were the only ones from the fire department to show up on the scene. But not Jeff Elkins - he was sleeping.

No wonder A.J. Shinn slept through and did not go out on a cardiac arrest medical call. Why should he bother to get up and go on a serious medical call when his now chief and then superior failed to even respond to an officer shooting.

Where is Mayor Casebolt. I realize the shooting incident Jeff Elkins refused to respond to was several years ago. However, the nitro resident who was in cardiac arrest was just less than 2 months ago.

This has to and needs to be investigated.

GO WILDCATS!!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 17, 2013
I see your little judgments on the post but not comments. Why or Where are you Jeffie.
You Lost

Hurricane, WV

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Elkins had highest test score over whoever else tested, sorry you lost
1 post removed
Terra

Charleston, WV

#5 Jan 17, 2013
I'm sick and tired of reading about this junk! Jealously is an ugly emotion and Jeff is a good person, a great husband and father! He is my uncle and you people make me sick! Proud of you uncle Jeff!!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Jan 17, 2013
I guess you could say the residents of Nitro lose.

A man who failed to respond to a call involving an officer shooting is now Chief.

A man who just recently in the last 8 weeks fails to respond to a medical call for a resident in cardiac arrest.

Nitro residents and those requiring the fire department appear to the be the losers.
1 post removed
You Lost

Hurricane, WV

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Sorry, you lost. Try again in four years.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Terra wrote:
I'm sick and tired of reading about this junk! Jealously is an ugly emotion and Jeff is a good person, a great husband and father! He is my uncle and you people make me sick! Proud of you uncle Jeff!!!
You know what. So was Jack Jordan. He was a great husband and father. He has nieces and nephews and I am sure they felt the same way about Jeff Elkins, his wife Lorie and their friends Casebolt, Matthews, Young, Javins and McKay out here bashing their family.

So Terra get off it and over it. It is called KARMA.

The only difference is that your uncle did sleep through a shooting call involving an officer. Sending out two probationary fire fighters to the scene.

He is allowing his friend A.J. Shinn to sleep through medical calls. A Nitro resident was in cardiac arrest and A.J. Shinn couldn't be bothered to get out of bed.

Your uncle is now the Chief. Just like Chief Hedrick he will be the one talked about for the failures in his department.

So Terra if you don't like it then tell your uncle to step down or suck it up.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Oh and ask him why is it now the fire department will be putting on the Nitro Christmas Parade.

What the heck. The fire department responsible for the parade.

Where is the Convention and Visitors Bureau? Don't they pay a person more than 50,000 a year and free health insurance to run things like the parade.

Why did Jeff Elkins agree to have the fire department put this on.

I guess the police department is to busy on liter patrol.
WVU 96

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Terra wrote:
I'm sick and tired of reading about this junk! Jealously is an ugly emotion and Jeff is a good person, a great husband and father! He is my uncle and you people make me sick! Proud of you uncle Jeff!!!
Then I guess you are a piece of sht also. Fck Jeff Elkins and his husband /sheman Laurie Ogre Elkins!!!
You Lost

Hurricane, WV

#10 Jan 17, 2013
You lost, sorry
You Lost

Hurricane, WV

#11 Jan 17, 2013
The election was karma, sorry you lst.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 17, 2013
You Lost wrote:
The election was karma, sorry you lst.
The election was just an election. There will be another and there will be other people elected and those defeated.

Karma to Jeff Elkins is his record now being thrown back at him. His personal relationships at issue when he fails to take action.

Jeff Elkins did not respond to a call involving an officer shooting - fact

A.J. Shinn did sleept through a medical call for a nitro resident in cardiac arrest - fact

those two things are indisputable.

Also fact - no action has been taken against A.J. Shinn for his sleeping through that call and others in the last couple months more than 5 calls. It is becoming a habit.

Nitro residents deserve better.

Where are you Chief Elkins. Did you report that your Captain is sleeping through calls to council? Doubt it.
You Lost

Hurricane, WV

#13 Jan 17, 2013
I just checked, Elkins is still chief, sorry you lost. You must have bad karma.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 Jan 17, 2013
Ernie Hedrick was Chief for what 15 years. So what is your point.

Doesn't change the fact he failed to respond to an officer involved shooting call.

Doesn't change the fact he is letting his friend and his wifes boyfriend sleep through cardiac arrest medical calls from a resident.

Facts are facts.
KARMA

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Jan 17, 2013
Nitro 68 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what. So was Jack Jordan. He was a great husband and father. He has nieces and nephews and I am sure they felt the same way about Jeff Elkins, his wife Lorie and their friends Casebolt, Matthews, Young, Javins and McKay out here bashing their family.
So Terra get off it and over it. It is called KARMA.
The only difference is that your uncle did sleep through a shooting call involving an officer. Sending out two probationary fire fighters to the scene.
He is allowing his friend A.J. Shinn to sleep through medical calls. A Nitro resident was in cardiac arrest and A.J. Shinn couldn't be bothered to get out of bed.
Your uncle is now the Chief. Just like Chief Hedrick he will be the one talked about for the failures in his department.
So Terra if you don't like it then tell your uncle to step down or suck it up.
So you think bashing the Mayor and city officials is KARMA!! KARMA is what happened to the family for all the evil and corrupt things they have done to the city and citizens of Nitro for many years. Chief fired....KARMA. DJ removed....KARMA!!
You Lost

Hurricane, WV

#16 Jan 17, 2013
Ernie is not chief anymore, that is a fact. Another fact is you lost.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#17 Jan 17, 2013
You Lost wrote:
Ernie is not chief anymore, that is a fact. Another fact is you lost.
The man retired after more than 30 years on the job. You are an idiot.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#18 Jan 17, 2013
KARMA wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think bashing the Mayor and city officials is KARMA!! KARMA is what happened to the family for all the evil and corrupt things they have done to the city and citizens of Nitro for many years. Chief fired....KARMA. DJ removed....KARMA!!
No Karma is getting treated like they treated others.

Chief Jordan had retired from the police department after more than 30 years as a police officer. A Chief is appointed by the Mayor - not uncommon for a new mayor to come in and replace their chief.

But this mayor was offered more than 6,000 to fire chief jordan.

DJ I guess you are talking about the former chiefs wife. She left her job after years of harassment. I think this case will make the settlement in the last pale in comparison.

Still doesn't change the fact Jeff Elkins failed to respond to an officer involved shooting call.

Still doesn't change the fact Jeff Elkins allows A.J. Shinn to sleep through a cardiac arrest call without taking any action.

Still doesn't change the act Jeff Elkins wife is probably the one pulling the strings on the second. After all she is very protective of A.J. Shinn. Made a fool of herself at council from what I was told about him.
You Lost

Hurricane, WV

#19 Jan 17, 2013
The facts are Casebolt is Mayor, Cox Recorder, Young Treasurer, Elkins and Oxley Chiefs and that you lost.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#20 Jan 17, 2013
Again, I didn't lose anything.

The facts still remain:

Mayor Casebolt is covering up the theft of city property in public works.

Rita Cox is just an idiot. Who most the time doesn't even know what day it is.

John Young is as corrupt as they come. Just speak to anyone who has done business with him or his former and current family members. I would stay away from the one with the kiddie porn charges though.

Chief Elkins still has a record that includes sleeping through an officer involved shooting. Chief Elkins taking no action on a captain sleeping through a medical call - a nitro resident in cardiac arrest. I guess there time will now be spent in coordinating next years Christmas parade even though the city pays through the CVB 50,000 plus free health insurance for someone to do these things.

Chief Oxley has his department on liter patrol so not much more they can do. I guess they pack their lunches now since they can't be seen eating anywhere in town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nitro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duponte Avenue 1 hr Tammy 4
Gateway Animal Hospital (Nov '13) 2 hr Bistahieversor 35
Poca Dots 3 hr Poca dot 25
Gerald Arbaugh (Jun '16) 8 hr Real talk 7
cheating husbands (Feb '13) 19 hr Needle Cock 88
Bill Lemon Sun Wich Rithrow 4
Crystal toler, Rick Rider and anyone else doin... Sat AnDrewsboy 4

Nitro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nitro Mortgages