Nitro mayors office remodeling not properly bid

There are 15 comments on the Feb 5, 2013, Charleston Gazette story titled Nitro mayors office remodeling not properly bid. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

Contractors began remodeling work on Casebolt's office in January, including putting up new drywall and installing new tile.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

Erika

Alexandria, VA

#1 Feb 6, 2013
So she's taking to calling herself Phyllis Summers from the Young and the Restless?*sigh* How sad that not only does she not have a moral compass, it appears she has no real discernible life of her own. To have to seek so much attention for yourself is just sad and pathetic
Give me a break

Alexandria, VA

#2 Feb 6, 2013
Who cares if he didn't have a bid. I'm glad to see the place look proper and not still 1950's. Bussiness should look up to date in today's world or who would want to do business with someone who doesn't care about the way things look. Great job Mayor!
Nitro citizen

Mars, PA

#3 Feb 6, 2013
It's simply stated, down to earth. Casebolt now has money to work with, too funny!
Nitro citizen

Mars, PA

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Nitro is finding out that Casebolt needs to go! Way to go Nitro!
not clueless

Alexandria, VA

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Nitro citizen wrote:
Nitro is finding out that Casebolt needs to go! Way to go Nitro!
Right. As the outpour of support is all over his Facebook. You live in an alternate reality.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 7, 2013
The people on facebook don't have a clue at what is really going on. Dave lied to them on his big apology and did not give them the truth.
PitiFul

Alexandria, VA

#7 Feb 7, 2013
NHS83 wrote:
The people on facebook don't have a clue at what is really going on. Dave lied to them on his big apology and did not give them the truth.
So now your saying he did get the bids required? He didn't call the ethics commission to self report? Listen you reported him and action was taken. You accomplished your mission but you STILL can't let it go. Why?
Whatever

Roseland, NJ

#8 Feb 7, 2013
I think there needs to be more done about this.

Dave Casebolt did not make an honest mistake. He knew full well about that policy. He should be held to the same standard he has held others over the last 5 years.

He personally tried to destroy others for what came out to not be a violation of the same policy.
Stu Pidasso

Alexandria, VA

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
I think there needs to be more done about this.
Dave Casebolt did not make an honest mistake. He knew full well about that policy. He should be held to the same standard he has held others over the last 5 years.
He personally tried to destroy others for what came out to not be a violation of the same policy.
of course you think more needs to be done. Because you live in the Delusion of a soap opera ms "Phyllis Summers" This is REAL life , not the young and the restless. You're not happy until all the people you perceive to be the "bad guys" are publicly humiliated like in the soaps. Do you live all your life like you're in a soap opera?
Whatever

Roseland, NJ

#10 Feb 7, 2013
What in the world are you talking about? I don't watch soap operas so you will have to speak plainly.

I did a google search on phyllis summers and in addition to the soap opera charactere there are thousands of people named Phyllis Summers. Not sure what your point is.

But Dave does need to answer questons. Did he use a contactor that his employer does personal business with? If so this neeeds to be known.

Isn't that the kind of thing he and others on council use to rail about? Know he is doing the exact same thing.

If so the ethics commission needs to take a very close look. Especially in light of his recent 'come to Jesus moment' confession about his misconduct.
Elementary School

Roanoke, VA

#11 Feb 7, 2013
Wow!! I had no idea about the Facebook comments until reading Topix. It must be so embarrassing for Tifney Franks to see how all the citizens of Nitro feel about her!! The response is overwhelming!!! I have never met her but....wow every comment about her is always negative and involved in trouble. This thread only made be respect Mayor Casebolt even more now!! Guess your plan backfired biatch!!!
Stu Pidasso

Alexandria, VA

#12 Feb 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
What in the world are you talking about? I don't watch soap operas so you will have to speak plainly.
I did a google search on phyllis summers and in addition to the soap opera charactere there are thousands of people named Phyllis Summers. Not sure what your
abmisconduct.
my point is Tifney, is IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YA!! They're all conspiring against you! Can you hear it? I hear it! I hear them whispering about you all the time!! DUHDUH DUIIUUUUIIUU" (that's the soap opera music)! Tune in next week folks to the Old and Useless.... RME! All I can hope for is they write your character off soon!
Whatever

Roseland, NJ

#13 Feb 7, 2013
I am not Tifney. But you call me whatever the heck you want.

Doesn't change the fact that Dave Casebolt lied. He failed to follow the same purchasing policy he and his crew persecuted others for according to him not following.

Just because he knew it was coming out and he said something before the media covered it means nothing.

As for writing of characters. Craig you are the one gone from as Nitro Turns. Next to go hopefully will be the useless lying mayor - using this position for the betterment of himself and his employer and then if there is any time left maybe the city.
Elementary School

Roanoke, VA

#14 Feb 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
I am not Tifney. But you call me whatever the heck you want.
Doesn't change the fact that Dave Casebolt lied. He failed to follow the same purchasing policy he and his crew persecuted others for according to him not following.
Just because he knew it was coming out and he said something before the media covered it means nothing.
As for writing of characters. Craig you are the one gone from as Nitro Turns. Next to go hopefully will be the useless lying mayor - using this position for the betterment of himself and his employer and then if there is any time left maybe the city.
That is absolutely NOT the way it happened. Either you are lying or you have been misinformed. He came clean literally minutes of being made aware of the situation. Plus....did you realize he got a donation for MOST of the work done anyway?! Get over it girl! Also.....he does a lot of professional business there. Don't u think he should have a clean looking office for the BETTER OF NITRO!? Potential investors ,etc. Would never have wanted to invest in the city when they saw the crappy City Hall....now at least there's a chance!! Go Mayor!!!
1 post removed
Whatever

Roseland, NJ

#16 Feb 7, 2013
Elementary how do you know he came clean as you say "within minutes of being made aware of the situation."

According to city employees they were looking at samples last November. This during the time council was discussing the purchasing policy.

Are you saying the Mayor just forgot? Are you saying that it is only a coincidence that he was came forward the very day it was going to be written in the media.

Well you Casebolt kool aide drinking freaks migh believe that but no intelligent person will buy that.

There is no one coming into a small town like Nitro expects to see a city hall like Chicago IL.

If those same business people saw the conditions of the public works facility (which looks like a trash dump) the fire department with the holes in the roof leaking on emergency equipment costing close to a million dollars - perhaps the mayor should direct his focus not to his not so fancy office to what really needs to be addressed.

He still lied. What about the furniture he said was "donated" wasn't donated at all. This to cost the city money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nitro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samantha Miller and Shane Thompson 11 min Peep 22
Anna Scarbarry & Craig Scott 26 min tellingthetruth 4
second chance pre-owned auto 17 hr jim 26
Charlie "Guy" Baldwin (Jul '14) Fri UnderTheTable 16
Chris Walton (Sep '14) Thu TheReallyRealOne 9
How Far In 'Debt? Thu Wheres Don 3
Bee Dubs Apr 22 No Hotties Left 1
More from around the web

Nitro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE