Mayor Casebolt Awards Own Son With Ni...

Mayor Casebolt Awards Own Son With Nitro Citizen Award

Posted in the Nitro Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 8, 2012
I could not believe my ears this evening. Nitro Mayor Dave Casebolt actually honored his son with the Nitro Citizen Award. It is a Nitro Citizen Award and it has been awarded to someone who doesn't even live in Nitro or WV for that matter.

He was honored for his military service. Now that is something to be applauded by all. But really Mayor, you had to recognize your son for this award. You couldn't honor another Nitro resident who is and has served in the Afghan war? I guess the others in Nitro aren't as special as YOUR SON.

I just sat back in my seat and thought is this really happening. Is he really recognizing his own son. Then I thought about my neighbor's son who fought and was injured. No recognition for him by his local Mayor.

I guess the city has moved from a Jordan focus to a all things Casebolt focus. I guess his grandchildren will be getting all the awards and prizes, his children (starting now with is son) will get recognized. The rest of the community be damned.

Well Mayor you better enjoy it now because each and every person who supported you can now see what kind of person you really are.

I hope you enjoyed giving a Nitro Citizen Award to your son who doesn't even live here as opposed to recognizing an actual resident who has served this country.

You made me sick tonight Mayor Casebolt. Absolutely sick.
John Murphy

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Well the way I see it is that certainly alllll military should be awarded for their services. However, are you telling me that if your son had served all these years in the military and you had the chance to acknowledge him/her that you wouldnt? I have a hard time believing that. Also you comment on the fact the doesnt live in Nitro well.....he is still in the military!!! He lived his whole life in Nitro beofre serving in the military. He can NOT help that he is stationed somewhere other that Nitro. So that point is completely ridiculous! Lets make a big deal about someone ..anyone...being given a well deserved award. Not saying that he deserves it more than others, but also not suggesting that he deserves it any less.
NITROWILDCAT

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Nov 8, 2012
Thank you Mayor Casebolts son for serving in the military. Thank you all the people serving and keeping our country safe. The city of Nitro salutes you! Go Wildcats!
Julio

Ardsley, NY

#4 Nov 9, 2012
Better than giving him thousands of Nitro's $$ to sing. This town is really growing now Jack and Rusty were kicked to the curb. The new mayor is doing and awesome job. AND I LOVE THAT SOME PEOPLE HATE THAT!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 9, 2012
John Murphy wrote:
Well the way I see it is that certainly alllll military should be awarded for their services. However, are you telling me that if your son had served all these years in the military and you had the chance to acknowledge him/her that you wouldnt? I have a hard time believing that. Also you comment on the fact the doesnt live in Nitro well.....he is still in the military!!! He lived his whole life in Nitro beofre serving in the military. He can NOT help that he is stationed somewhere other that Nitro. So that point is completely ridiculous! Lets make a big deal about someone ..anyone...being given a well deserved award. Not saying that he deserves it more than others, but also not suggesting that he deserves it any less.
My point was not that he didn't deserve it as do all of our men/women serving. But the hypocrite which is Dave Casebolt for himself electing to give it to his son, when there are dozens of Nitro families who could have been awarded. It is all about Dave and trying to make himself look good.

But Dave himself selected his son and a committee selected another man's son to perform and that was attacked by Dave and his co horts.

The hypocracy is not lost on me and many others who voted for Dave.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Nov 9, 2012
Julio wrote:
Better than giving him thousands of Nitro's $$ to sing. This town is really growing now Jack and Rusty were kicked to the curb. The new mayor is doing and awesome job. AND I LOVE THAT SOME PEOPLE HATE THAT!!!
The problem with your comment is that not one person selected Charlton Jordan to sing. It was a GROUP of people. After all he is a life long resident of Nitro and the only professional gospel singer I am aware of that lives in Nitro. So it was not unusual for him to be asked to perform or for him to be paid for it. All of the other performers were paid as well.

You say the city is doing an awesome job. On what front. The city finished last year more than 330,000 in the hole. I don't know one person except the kool aide drinking freak supporters of Casebolt who don't hate that. At least the ones that know about it because that little known fact never made it's way into any news article about Nitro.
Hahaha

Ardsley, NY

#7 Nov 9, 2012
NHS83 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your comment is that not one person selected Charlton Jordan to sing. It was a GROUP of people. After all he is a life long resident of Nitro and the only professional gospel singer I am aware of that lives in Nitro. So it was not unusual for him to be asked to perform or for him to be paid for it. All of the other performers were paid as well.
You say the city is doing an awesome job. On what front. The city finished last year more than 330,000 in the hole. I don't know one person except the kool aide drinking freak supporters of Casebolt who don't hate that. At least the ones that know about it because that little known fact never made it's way into any news article about Nitro.
Hey Casey, no means no!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha

Ardsley, NY

#8 Nov 9, 2012
Julio wrote:
Better than giving him thousands of Nitro's $$ to sing. This town is really growing now Jack and Rusty were kicked to the curb. The new mayor is doing and awesome job. AND I LOVE THAT SOME PEOPLE HATE THAT!!!
Right on Julio. They are Just mad they no longer control the spotlight.
blue bird

Ardsley, NY

#9 Nov 9, 2012
There is the kindest elderly Gentleman that lives in Brookhaven sub. His name is Ray. I believe he's a WWII vet. He deserves our respect and recognition!
Mason Jars

Martinsburg, WV

#10 Nov 9, 2012
Sounds to me like All Rite is a tad bit jealous.
Civil War Vet

United States

#11 Nov 9, 2012
As a military member he is still a citizen of nitro, west virginia, and the US.

What do you want Dave to form a line at every council meeting until he presents the award to every veteran in nitro?

I was there at the meeting and I heard the mayor say he was thankful for all veterans who have served.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#12 Nov 9, 2012
Civil War Vet wrote:
As a military member he is still a citizen of nitro, west virginia, and the US.
What do you want Dave to form a line at every council meeting until he presents the award to every veteran in nitro?
I was there at the meeting and I heard the mayor say he was thankful for all veterans who have served.
He could have selected another family to recognize and honor those who serve.

After all Dave was one of the loudest people talking about 'NEPOTISM' and how others and not family members should be in the spotlight.

And what does he do and is he doing. The very thing he has criticized others for.
Mason Jars

Martinsburg, WV

#13 Nov 9, 2012
I don't mean to change the subject, but I'm at work and seem to have things pretty much caught up and all my ducks in a row so I guess i'm bored, so i want to share a sort of sad yet amusing story. This drop dead gorgeous 45 year old lady just recently married again for the 5th time. The ceremony took place last saturday at 2:00 pm and she and her new husband separated at 7:00 pm that evening. That has to be some kind of record, she was only married for 5 hours to her 6th husband. I mean this lady is sexy. People tell her all the time she looks like Jennifer Aniston with a better body.

Speaking of marriage and divorcing my mothers Uncle who passed away last year was married "9" times and 'get this" with 7 times to the same lady. That's right he was married 9 different times and 7 of those to the same lady. He and her made and ran moonshine so I guess they would get drunk and argue then divorce and then remarry all over again. I asked mom when he died "Boating accident" if he was still married to her or one of the other 2 girls. ZShe didn't know

Married 9 times and 7 of those to the same lady. Can you imagine? That should be some kind of record too.
Mason Jars

Martinsburg, WV

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Speaking of Jennifer Aniston she is one sexy gal isn't she? Of the three of the girls on Friends she is the one that gets Mason jars motor running. Don't get me wrong the other two girle Phoebe abd Monica are sexy also, but not as much as Jennifer. That Brad Pitt was a fool for dumping her.
Can you imagine what it would be like to take a shower with Jennifer and wash her golden blonde hair and then take a nice terry cloth towel and dry her off. Then get the hair dryer out and blow dry her hair.
Mason Jars

Martinsburg, WV

#15 Nov 9, 2012
I'm not only bored, but i'm hungry. Tuesday I went to 5 guys restaurant and got a cheeseburger and order of fries and it cost me 10 dollars. I mean the cheeseburger was big, but the taste was just average at best, of course they really pile the french fries on, but still 10 bucks is a lot.

I am going to take atleast a 2 hour lunch today and head up to Ryans buffet on Corridor G and eat like i'm going to the electric chair. As a matter of fact i'm leaving right now at 11:00 to bet the crowd.

I'll be back around 1:00 maybe later who knows. It's beautiful outside and the air is warming up.

I'm so hungry i might stop and get a hamburger to hold me until i get there.

I'll let you know what i ate when i get back

I told you I was bored.
Shady Hand

Charleston, WV

#16 Nov 9, 2012
One must remember that Casebolt, Fritz and the Gang, worked to defeat the casino vote, which has brought thousands of dollars into the town of Nitro.
You can thank Joe Savilla and Bill Clark for their tireless efforts in getting the Casino voted in.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#17 Nov 9, 2012
Shady Hand you are correct. The casino is bringing in an additional 560,000 plus a year to Nitro. Without that money Nitro would be bankrupt. Especially since they posted a more than 330,000 deficit last year. Without the table games revenue that would have been close to a million dollars in the hole.
duh

Vinton, VA

#18 Nov 9, 2012
NHS83 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with your comment is that not one person selected Charlton Jordan to sing. It was a GROUP of people. After all he is a life long resident of Nitro and the only professional gospel singer I am aware of that lives in Nitro. So it was not unusual for him to be asked to perform or for him to be paid for it. All of the other performers were paid as well.
You say the city is doing an awesome job. On what front. The city finished last year more than 330,000 in the hole. I don't know one person except the kool aide drinking freak supporters of Casebolt who don't hate that. At least the ones that know about it because that little known fact never made it's way into any news article about Nitro.
UMMMM Duh but we had a different mayor last year so what does that have to do with Casebolt??? Your statement once again is stupid...Lololololololol

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#19 Nov 9, 2012
Dave was on council. So he would have had a role in that deficit. Not to mention the fact he was on council when John Young was lying to the current Mayor and Council about the true financials of the city.

Even Craiggy Boy Matthews was questioning but since he is on the Casebolt team now he has forgotten all about that.

So duh. Mayor Casebolt is responsible. But that must be why John Young lied to the previous mayor, the public and council.
duh

Vinton, VA

#20 Nov 9, 2012
NHS83 wrote:
Dave was on council. So he would have had a role in that deficit. Not to mention the fact he was on council when John Young was lying to the current Mayor and Council about the true financials of the city.
Even Craiggy Boy Matthews was questioning but since he is on the Casebolt team now he has forgotten all about that.
So duh. Mayor Casebolt is responsible. But that must be why John Young lied to the previous mayor, the public and council.
Haha duh!! It is Soooo obvious how jealous you are. Please keep posting because the more you post...the more hysterical it is!!! Roflmao

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nitro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is the best place to eat ? Charleston are... 49 min Poca man 1
Nick Nolte was spotted up Heizer creek trying t... 57 min Dean 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr bbb1 4,411
West Main Street 2 hr florida 19
Allison Blount Tue POF 9
Daytona 500 Tue Dude 2
Buck's Pizza (Jun '12) Tue Boygeorge 15

Nitro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Nitro Mortgages